***The Official HTC One Thread***

Thanks for the replies on the screen in daylight.

I think I'm going to upgrade to this on the 16th when my contract renews, If I don't like it I'll give it me mother instead of my N4 :p

Black one please Three! :D

Is it correct that this phone doesn't have HSPA-DC+?

I was just about to ask if any one has had any luck with their Affordable mobiles order... I ordered on the 10th and haven't heard anything from them.

When did you order your phone? Thanks bud!

Hiya. I ordered from Affordable Mobiles on about 25 March. I phoned them this morning to explain. Apparently they had loads of orders, but HTC had supplied them with just 7 (I think he said)!!! I was one of the lucky few, it seems.

Ginga

Typical. I'm so fed up with my SGS2 that I went and ordered a Nexus 4 from Google which promptly arrived this morning. At that point my dad tells me his contract is up for renewal and, given that he doesn't give a toss about phones, that I can have the free HTC One they're sending out to him.

I guess I shouldn't complain but what a mess!

Typical. I'm so fed up with my SGS2 that I went and ordered a Nexus 4 from Google which promptly arrived this morning. At that point my dad tells me his contract is up for renewal and, given that he doesn't give a toss about phones, that I can have the free HTC One they're sending out to him.

I guess I shouldn't complain but what a mess!

Keep both!

I plan to just keep swapping with me mother when ever I get bored of one of them. Plus KLP shouldn't be too far away for the N4 & we all know how slow some companies are to release updates :D :P

See that's weird because there's no message like that on the page for me at any stage of the process. I bought one anyway. Didn't realise it was back in stock at CPW... argh... but at least this way I know it's not gonna be locked. Delivery estimate currently 25th March, which is odd because I've got Prime.

Yeah I guess so, when I first put in an order with Rainforest it didn't show all the delivery options and then when I looked at the HO again, it showed some extra options.

Did yours get delivered on the 25th?

Surely he must realise it isn't a free HTC one, its funded by his contract? ie, if he didn't 'renew' (because it isnt 'up for renewal', the minimum term has expired thats all) he could move onto a SIM only package and pay significantly less per month.

Circa £20 a month of his tariff will go towards that HTC One, not the airtime he uses so his 'free' HTC one is costing him about £480.

Great deal for you, rather crappy deal for him.

Keep both!

I plan to just keep swapping with me mother when ever I get bored of one of them. Plus KLP shouldn't be too far away for the N4 & we all know how slow some companies are to release updates :D :P

Exactly, the N4 will be the first to get KLP, you get the best of both worlds. I'm certainly not going to get rid of my N4 now I have the HO.

Are you going to return your phone about the misaligned lower grille (or is it grill?)?

I don't know. It's only very slightly protrouding but it's noticeable as the top one is utterly flush. It also seems to be trapping dust between screen and grille already whereas the top one is totally dust free.

Whats the best to handle it if I decide to do that? I don't want to be without the device that I've had for under 24 hours simply because HTC's QC sucks.

Just ordered:

NILLKIN FROSTED BLACK HARD CASE SKIN FOR HTC ONE M7

As much as I'd like to keep it caseless I paranoid about dents and scratching it, at least with this the camera will be protected as well

[TW]Fox;24184639 said:
Whats the best to handle it if I decide to do that? I don't want to be without the device that I've had for under 24 hours simply because HTC's QC sucks.

If you can take the hit:

Order another HTC One. When the new one is delivered return the old one. Keep doing this until you're satisfied.

It's an anal way of doing it, but it means you're not left without a phone. Obviously you'll only pay for one phone in the long run after you've been refunded for the phone you don't want.

[TW]Fox;24184639 said:
I don't know. It's only very slightly protrouding but it's noticeable as the top one is utterly flush. It also seems to be trapping dust between screen and grille already whereas the top one is totally dust free.

Try and get an in store swap?

Still no firmware update for UK sim free handsets :(

It's deja vu again, how comes all the network locked devices are getting the updates first? Strange...nice one HTC, way to go :rolleyes:

Still no firmware update for UK sim free handsets :(

It's deja vu again, how comes all the network locked devices are getting the updates first? Strange...nice one HTC, way to go :rolleyes:

Isn't that pretty much identical to what happened with the Note 2 and the 4.1.2 update where the carriers got it first then they eventually released a OEM version.

Back
Top Bottom