***The Official HTC One Thread***

Samsung internal test: Galaxy S4: good, but not the best

Given their history and supposed "inside source" who got pretty much everything wrong about the GS4 and GS 3 etc. it is probably BS :p, either way surprising that they have even posted that!!! Not a wise thing to do........

edit:

interesting.......

https://twitter.com/PaulOBrien/status/327714761057902592

Does anyone use a HTC Battery Bar with their one? I do and it seems to charge the One amazingly quickly. Wonder why?

http://www.htc.com/www/accessories/htc-battery-bar/

My phone is out for delivery. P4U can't give me a delivery tracking number :confused: They said if I miss my delivery then the Royal Mail will leave a "Sorry you were out" card and the card will have the tracking number which I can use to then collect at the depot.

What a **** system. Just give me the tracking number!

It is a shame that the Galaxy S4 will still absolutely trounce the one in sales :(

Even though HTC's marketing/advertising is sooooo much better and the quality of the marketing is excellent, they need to "bribe" the network/phone shops too :p :o Reading around and as usual it sounds like Samsung have set up their wee demonstration stands in all the shops where as the one is locked down tightly with the rest of the devices...... no doubt when I head over next week to have a look, I will see this as usual and have the sales people shoving the GS 4 in my face as soon as I put foot in the shop :p

Not heard of the guy either but lots of people know of daft punk :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV2GA63HEGk

Last edited:
Yup, that is largely why I am waiting for the X phone and might even possibly hold of till the nexus 5, couldn't care less about the minor updates i.e. 4.2 but is is the principle of it! :o :p

Thats the thing though.... 4.2 SUCKED THE FAT ONE. HTC et al did the right thing to avoid it.

4.2.2 doesn't really add anything.

[TW]Fox;24181328 said:
It's here.

Quality is almost perfect though it seems the lower speaker grille isn't quite flush with the screen wheresa the upper speaker grille is beautifully flush with seamless transition from grille to screen. Is anyone elses like this?

There is a lot to like but I'm not sure I'm a Sense 5 fan. I actually prefer Sense 3.6 - where Sense 3.6 had colourful graphics, ie for weather, Sense 5 has minimalistic outlines instead. There is no option to change this, sadly. It's also missing a lot of the Sense widgits I've come to enjoy - for example where is HTC FriendStream?

Also, whats the obsession with block capitals? I don't want the date in block capitals please. Why can't I change it?

Whats going on with the SMS application? In Sense 3.6 it was attractive looking, each message looked a bit like mini-postit notes. In Sense 5 its some awful looking affair which only seems to allow a choice of colour schemes involving garish or primary colours. No soft pastel shades.

When you say not flush, is it something can see or are you "feeling" its not flush?

If its the latter, unclench and stop visiting XDA, those dudes will make you a paranoid mess. Mines not quite flush at the top but I can't actually see it physically isn't. I've worked in electronics manufacturing and I know this would be classed as within tolerance in any factory.

When you say not flush, is it something can see or are you "feeling" its not flush?

If its the latter, unclench and stop visiting XDA, those dudes will make you a paranoid mess. Mines not quite flush at the top but I can't actually see it physically isn't. I've worked in electronics manufacturing and I know this would be classed as within tolerance in any factory.

It feels unflush quite obviously because it's different to the top grille which is flush. You can also see a build up of dust in the 'ridge' between screen and grille.

Thats the thing though.... 4.2 SUCKED THE FAT ONE. HTC et al did the right thing to avoid it.

4.2.2 doesn't really add anything.

Oh, I completely agree with that and in some ways it is always good to not get the latest update first due to bugs etc.

However, OEMs really take the **** when it comes to their devices and software updates, the 4.2.2 update doesn't really bring that much new to the phone, in terms of new features, we are only talking about like 2-3 things (which have been on the market for quite a while now) amongst the standard performance, stability etc. improvements yet most phones won't see it for at least another 2 months probably so in total, we are talking about 6-8 months for a relatively basic update and iirc google have said that they provide the update/version to HTC etc. long before they even show it of at their event.

And to top it of, most of them will go and release a new similar device with the latest update i.e. one X+, one SE with JB, GS 3 LTE/note II, GS 2+ with JB etc. and about 2 months later, it will hit the same phones (essentially, just older). That is what really annoys me :p

Now if KLP is a big update like ICS, imagine how long it will be till every non nexus device gets the update :(

Regarding the gaps etc. someone described it perfectly on XDA imo, it isn't a "fault/defect", simply a minor "imperfection"

Someone got a reply back from HTC about the gap saying different to what other people from HTC have said:

Although we advertise “Zero gap construction” referring to our refined back cover design, this does not mean that there will be no gaps in the device. We put all our products through a rigorous gap testing process to confirm that they meet or exceed industry gap standards. In short, the gaps are part of the construction design of your phone.

XDA is awful, most paranoid people are found there :p, some guy cracked his camera lens and is blaming it on HTC and the build quality of the one :rolleyes: Hmm, why has no one else mentioned this then???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom