***The Official HTC One Thread***

I think I'm going to bite the bullet. I called three to upgrade my contract but they were shut!

If I go instore tomorrow do they offer the same deals? (I want "The One" contract. I know sometimes deals in store are more expensive or it's the same price but a poorer deal, ie 1gb data).

Also, I need a signal booster (because my signal at home is poor) and I know if I called them they would send one out with a new contract (they said they would when I spoke to them previously). Do they stock these in store?

Last edited:
[TW]Fox;24187017 said:
It feels unflush quite obviously because it's different to the top grille which is flush. You can also see a build up of dust in the 'ridge' between screen and grille.

Can't say I've seen any dust build up, do you have the black one?

Just got home from work and was greeted by a HTC One with no prior notification - yay!

First impressions are it looks and feels very very premium.

Top gap is minimal to perfect. Speakers are very flush to the screen.

This is all I can say soo far.

It still IS, JB hasn't been released on S2 generic UK handsets. Same thing happened with ICS. Makes me think that perhaps a Nexus device really is the best way to go.

Wow, that's a shocker. I didn't even know that! My friend's S2 (Three UK) has had the JB update and I assumed that the sim free handsets had the update as well. Nexus phones are the best way to go. Despite having my HO, I'm kind of missing my N4 for some reason. I love vanilla Android!

Yup, that is largely why I am waiting for the X phone and might even possibly hold of till the nexus 5, couldn't care less about the minor updates i.e. 4.2 but is is the principle of it! :o :p

4.2.2 kind of sucks but you're right it is the principle of it and that's why you should buy the "X" phone or even the next Nexus device. Once you've had a Nexus there's no going back with the amount of things you can do on it. Software updates will be the least of your worries :D

Maybe I'm a bit special but I can't find the equaliser on the HO's music player.

There's no equaliser on the HO music player, it got removed after the last Sense update Dude.

Just found out a slight manufacturing flaw. The speaker grill on the bottom is slightly elevated to the left of the device & my thumb is finding it a bit weird. Not sure if I can live with it or if I'm going back to 3 to get it exchanged.

http://www.htcinside.de/htc-one-and...igen-verbesserungen-soll-vor-der-tuer-stehen/

Earlier this week, has received a major update with the 230MB software number 1.29.401.12 the HTC one. Among other things, this update has improved the camera and fixed some bugs and improved performance. Now we reach about another update for the HTC one which is to be rolled out soon. This update is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and bring some small but nice improvements.

The information comes from Eastern Europe, the exact source but we can not name. But here we go ...

Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean

The update as mentioned above are based on Android 4.2.2 and Jelly Bean brings with it ever the latest Android OS version with it. The software number jumps directly from 1.29.x up to 2.x.

Software menu button flashing feed, TV app

The first innovations that should there is a workaround for apps that still require the Menu button. Currently, the HTC one receives at the bottom of an additional bar with a menu button. In early versions of the software you could adjust the back button as on the One that calls this through a long press on the menu. HTC had to remove this feature but unfortunately. Now this problem is to be solved.

In addition, to obtain HTC Flashing feed new content. What does this mean, I can not tell you exactly, unfortunately. But I expect that we will have more opportunities for the stream. Currently, there are in addition to the news feeds so only Facebook, Flickr, LinkedIn, Twitter, calendar, HTC share, Children mode and TV. I am almost sure that this list should still be extended. Also the app for the TV remote control to be improved. But no details are available for this purpose.

New Quick Settings menu

Many of you will certainly look forward to the next innovation. And that should be re-introduced the Quick Settings in the notification bar. The Chinese version of the HTC one, which was recently officially introduced already comes with a Quick Settings menu. See photo from Engadget China:

More?

We do not know if those are the only improvements that await us. But I'm almost certain that HTC in a relatively big update (Android 4.1.2 => 4.2.2) will still pack a few other new features. We may get in the next few days still more. We are definitely excited and have been waiting for the update.

RFJOtBO.jpg

Good to see that HTC are providing plenty of updates quickly, sad to see in some ways being a one S owner though :p :( Hopefully the S and X will see sense V5/4.2.2 around June/July.........

@Nexus

Thanks for the info Mate. HTC have really upped their game when it comes to providing updates and the features included in the forthcoming updates are welcome changes. Am looking forward to getting these OTA's if they ever hit our sim free phones :p

Keep up the great work HTC!

Welcome to the world of Boomsound Kona! :D

Me likey :D

Will update my findings tomorrow but so far so good. I even like some of Sense bar the notification bar.

The phone does feel a tad to tall for the width and I wish the screen had less bezel on the sides - could have made it 4.8".

Nexus - not got much time tonight to test - will update 2moro mate.

So 4.2.2 soon? Then I can slap Dashclock on it :p? Very nice to see notification toggles, it made me wonder why it was missing from Sense 5. And the menu button fix, wonder if they will keep it as the back button or do something different?

Guess I'll hold off the Cyanogenmod 10.1 temptations (there's a pre-alpha already on XDA!) and stay with stock a little longer, my One will finally be arriving in a few days :).

Back
Top Bottom