***The Official HTC One Thread***

Just found out a slight manufacturing flaw. The speaker grill on the bottom is slightly elevated to the left of the device & my thumb is finding it a bit weird. Not sure if I can live with it or if I'm going back to 3 to get it exchanged.

This is pretty much the issue I was describing above. It's accentuated by the fact the top grille is so perfectly flush it feels really wonderful in your hand. It's therefore doubly dissapointing when you find the bottom one is different.

Not sure if people know this but the one plays .FLAC files :)

Good that the option is there, but a waste of space in my opinion, when something like LAME VBR V0 preset will be indistinguishable, 99.99% of time. That is unless the One can somehow match the fidelity of dedicated audio equipment that costs way more.

I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and get the HTC One. There's a P4U walking distance from my house that has them in stock and they say they have no issue with replacing the phone if there is a manufacturing fault.

Fingers crossed I only have to make one visit to the phone store! :D

Well I had a webchat with o2, the offered me:

- HTC One Silver (Free)
- Unlimited Calls
- Unlimited Texts
- 1GB Data
£36PCM (24 Months)

I was hoping for better than that so I guess I'll be on the high street tomorrow morning.

- HTC One Silver (Free)
- Unlimited Calls
- Unlimited Texts
- 1GB Data
£36PCM (24 Months)

I was hoping for better than that so I guess I'll be on the high street tomorrow morning.

I got unlimited everything for £15 a month from chitter chatter

Bought the handset SIM free from P4U £489

- HTC One Silver (Free)
- Unlimited Calls
- Unlimited Texts
- 1GB Data
£36PCM (24 Months)

mobiles.co.uk are doing the same as above except 69.99 for the handset and 27pcm - tco comes to 718 vs 898 above.

Annoyingly having placed the order yesterday I reviewed the order status and it is marked as cancelled! No idea why I've emailed them for an explanation. Hopefully it's just a glitch because this seems like the best unlimited offer I've come across.

[TW]Fox;24187847 said:
This is pretty much the issue I was describing above. It's accentuated by the fact the top grille is so perfectly flush it feels really wonderful in your hand. It's therefore doubly dissapointing when you find the bottom one is different.

I have a very slight life at the top, not at the bottom.

Got mine yesterday and said goodbye to the S3 as I've regretted buying it from day one.

I love the feel of thing, it just sits right in my hand although I'm not a fan of Sense 5 so that's gone and I got the black variant although I'd set my had on getting the silver, once I'd seen them both in the flesh the black won.

[TW]Fox;24187847 said:
This is pretty much the issue I was describing above. It's accentuated by the fact the top grille is so perfectly flush it feels really wonderful in your hand. It's therefore doubly disappointing when you find the bottom one is different.

Fortunately I think mine is perfectly flush, I can't feel any raised surfaces.

DSC00218_zps9eda398d.jpg

DSC00222_zps15d4bba9.jpg

DSC00221_zps2d4204fe.jpg

Got mine yesterday and said goodbye to the S3 as I've regretted buying it from day one.

I love the feel of thing, it just sits right in my hand although I'm not a fan of Sense 5 so that's gone and I got the black variant although I'd set my had on getting the silver, once I'd seen them both in the flesh the black won.

DSC00218_zps9eda398d.jpg

DSC00222_zps15d4bba9.jpg

DSC00221_zps2d4204fe.jpg

I bet your made up :).

I've had mine a few weeks now & have got it in a case but seeing yours naked reminds me of just how nice this device is, especially in Black.

Hope you enjoy it - As I said I have had mine a few weeks & still thinks it's one of, if not the best handset I have ever had & I have had some.

Did first unintentional drunken drop test last night. Not great results.

Pocket high onto pavement, few chips and a nasty one on the chamfer. Nothing broken though.

Think it's going to have to go in a case, this will happen again and I really don't want more chips and scratches.

DSC00218_zps9eda398d.jpg

DSC00222_zps15d4bba9.jpg

DSC00221_zps2d4204fe.jpg

The bottom picture the screen looks slightly raised, this is what most are complaining of which is a little daft really.

Nice pics there. Amazing bit of kit. Do you not get annoyed at how easily the black pics up fingerprints and smudges so easily? I cba with constantly wiping the phone, so I'm considering changing mine for a silver.

Is it really that bad? I'm tempted to swap for a black.

Pocketnow have a few videos up showing how easily it picks up prints and stuff. Normally wouldn't bother me, but since this is the first phone I'll use naked I've found myself getting annoyed easily. Problem is it looks damn good when it's all clean!

Back
Top Bottom