***The Official HTC One Thread***

I wonder how much better the camera on this will be compared to the Xperia Z? I haven't seen one yet but if the Xperia Z screen is quite passable, I might prefer that...

I am expecting it to be much better by a good chunk (especially low lit areas), the sensor tech. is similar to the pure view 808 (which owns every camera phone out there :p)

Plus the one series phones already match/beat the Z.

Yup won't be surprised if it is £500

I have to hold down home on my SII to get to recent apps. I'm assuming if it is a double tap then it won't take you to the home screen first as it will be waiting for the second tap.

Hmm possibly, hopefully they will have the timing set up perfectly as it would be annoying having a delay when you want to return "home"

Whoa Sense 5 looks seriously heavy. Wonder how long it will take HTC to implement their updates? Possibly it'll be a very long update cycle.

Also is it me? I can't see a notification light?! Very important to me!

Hmm possibly, hopefully they will have the timing set up perfectly as it would be annoying having a delay when you want to return "home"

The SII has a delay for the voice control with double tapping home and to be honest it is really annoying but you get used to it :o

Yup has NLED by the looks of it, implemented same way as the one S/X, in the ear piece grill:

21kywsx.png

http://youtu.be/rQbCFcgjQ30?t=1m57s

Wonder what the 2 dots on the left are for? One for the proximity sensor? but what about the other?

Last edited:
Pretty sure one of the dots on the top left is a NLED, see something blinking around 17-19 seconds here:

http://youtu.be/rQbCFcgjQ30?t=19s

edit:

maybe not :p

Was just some light reflection I think...

That's a major bummer! I need a notification light, as most of the time I'm away from my phone and heavily rely on the light to tell me if I have any texts or missed calls.

EDIT

Thank you Nexus for the close up shot...that's made my day (it doesn't take much!)

n4 is special ;)

Extremely special...shame I sold mine because I needed the money :(

Last edited:
Ahh yes your really unhelpful thoughtless reply. How much was the Nexus 4 on release???

Oh yes.... £279!

The Nexus 4 is not your normal phone though is it, it's subsidised by Google. In areas where Google Play is not available, it's ~£500 and if you buy it in the UK on contract, ie not from Google, it's the same or very similar price as the SGS3.

It's blinding obvious the HTC One will be around £500, probably more!

Just look at the announced prices already...

EE £69.99 phone £41 per month :o

The SII has a delay for the voice control with double tapping home and to be honest it is really annoying but you get used to it :o

Yeah that would **** me off big time! :p :o

Probably just use this app for multi-tasking if it is similar to the gs 2 and gs 3 when s-voice is enabled:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1vYmkuY29uZHVjdGlvbi5zd2lwZXBhZC5hbmRyb2lkIl0.

isnt that light sensor.. my s2 has 2 :) + front camera.. that nled looks TINY

Hmm possibly!

Yup! At least it looks like it is pushed quite far forward though, as the one S/X NLED is very bight and tiny, however, is too far behind the ear piece grill so it is very difficult to see the NLED from angles.

No problem stoosh :)

Bet you I know what al4x will ask now.......;)

is it RGB?

:p

similar to the pure view 808

You mean the Lumia 920? :p It too has a standard size sensor that's optically stabilised. The main difference is HTC have dropped resolution to increase pixel size.
The 808 has a big ass sensor, a big ass Zeiss lens and ...well a big ass. It's a proper camera phone and a different beast. Hopefully the WP8 version might be a bit thinner. :D

Actually a 4MP camera is quite a risk, we all know how the point and shoot market turned out. Sony and Samsung will keep playing the number game for sure.

Back
Top Bottom