***The Official HTC One Thread***

Yup! At least it looks like it is pushed quite far forward though, as the one S/X NLED is very bight and tiny, however, is too far behind the ear piece grill so it is very difficult to see the NLED from angles.

No problem stoosh :)

Bet you I know what al4x will ask now.......;)

is it RGB?

:p

LOL! :p So true!

If it's anything like the notification light on the HOX/HOS then I'll be happy.

I'm slowly coming round to liking this phone, it's a very decent phone, there's always Cloud storage. If I could survive with 16Gb on my (now departed and very regretfully N4) 32Gb will be more than enough.

Techradar's Hands On review

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/htc-one-1131862/review

I think the lack of excitement comes from the fact there isn't really any 'innovation' here, Apple got criticised for it and so did Samsung.

All we're seeing now is the incremental 'switching up' of hardware, it's getting better and better without making any big jumps. That's fine by me, but people aren't going to get as excited as they usually do.

Perhaps Samsung will prove me wrong though...

The HTC One looks decent overall, obviously it has a few niggles as most things will, but it's a great phone.

However knowing HTC there will be a HTC One+ in a few months or some other such nonsense and for that reason I feel very much put off.

I think - if I get a new Android phone - it will be the S4 unless it looks like absolute garbage (which is a possibility I can't discount :p).

Yup has NLED by the looks of it, implemented same way as the one S/X, in the ear piece grill:

21kywsx.png

http://youtu.be/rQbCFcgjQ30?t=1m57s

Wonder what the 2 dots on the left are for? One for the proximity sensor? but what about the other?

ah not again - that notification light is pants! :p Too small and not RGB. Does the phone come with a magnifying glass accessory? :D

Last edited:
Don't think I like it really. For a number of reasons.
Nled
General design.. I have to say I think it's really ugly
I'm wary of battery life

The wait goes on.

I think the lack of excitement comes from the fact there isn't really any 'innovation' here, Apple got criticised for it and so did Samsung.

All we're seeing now is the incremental 'switching up' of hardware, it's getting better and better without making any big jumps. That's fine by me, but people aren't going to get as excited as they usually do.

Perhaps Samsung will prove me wrong though...

The HTC One looks decent overall, obviously it has a few niggles as most things will, but it's a great phone.

However knowing HTC there will be a HTC One+ in a few months or some other such nonsense and for that reason I feel very much put off.

I think - if I get a new Android phone - it will be the S4 unless it looks like absolute garbage (which is a possibility I can't discount :p).

You've summed it up nicely Robbo I think we're getting spoiled by the innovation and incremental upgrades just don't do it for any users here. I have a massive feeling that Samsung will continue with their "plastic fantastic" ways.

I've been loyal to Samsung since the original Galaxy S through to the S3. I won't discount buying the S4 either but I just want and need a change if you know what I'm talking about.

Hence my half-hearted pre order of the Xperia Z which fell by the way side.

I wish I kept the N4 but was too quick to sell that off. That was a decent phone but 4.2.1 was extremely buggy and kind of spoiled the user experience.

I too have a very sneaky feeling that HTC will release a new and improved HTC One+ in the near future.

They did it with the Sensation, HOX and I won't be surprised if history repeats itself again. That's why I'm going to wait because I don't want to get seriously peeved off spending my hard earned cash on a phone only for a company to turn around and stick their finger up at me and everyone else and release a revamped phone. :mad:

IMO:
+Looks well built
+I much prefer the little LED compared to the massive one Samsung use that can light up my room at night
+1080p screen
+I like that news feed thing

-No SD. :(

3 months left on my S3 contract so no purchase for me anyway but I would have been tempted.

Up for pre-order now at expansys!

http://www.expansys.com/htc-one/?pa...ter&utm_content=email&utm_campaign=2013-02-19

Expansys are usually a bit dearer than everywhere else, so expect other places to have it around £480+, no surprise about the price really :p

Expensys...sorry Expansys :p

I would stay clear of them and shop around when actual stock comes in but a good estimation as to what the prices will be elsewhere.

Here's a surprise for you......I wonder why HTC didn't mention or show this at the presentation today.

htc_one_white_red1_zps6fdb0a67.jpg

Expensys...sorry Expansys :p

I would stay clear of them and shop around when actual stock comes in but a good estimation as to what the prices will be elsewhere.

Here's a surprise for you......I wonder why HTC didn't mention or show this at the presentation today.

htc_one_white_red1_zps6fdb0a67.jpg

Yup, awful service from them, never buying a single thing from there again! :mad:

Because that is the one + that will be announced in a months time! :p :D

Red could look pretty good in real life, although black/grey for me every single time :p

i think ill get n4 by the end of this month, sell my s2 and wait till december for my upgrade and see what choice i have :)

im sure ill be able to keep my 20.50 plan and get an ok phone.. s4/htc/sony etc

30k3fbm.jpg

This is HTC's big problem.

As well as this people are fairly enshrined into the Galaxy brand, to most people phones look the same and HTC need to make a pretty good case as to why people should switch to HTC instead of getting the latest Galaxy. From my initial Galaxy S Purchase my immediate family have bought 5 galaxy phones. No commission for me unfortunately. :(

Well after all the hype I'm feeling a bit deflated. Don't get me wrong it looks like a nice phone but there is something missing for me, I can't put my finger on what but there should be something more from their new flagship phone :(

I've got a One X and One X+ and I'm now left wondering should I even consider getting a One (in silver) or should I just save my pennies for the Google X later on this year :confused:

Yup, awful service from them, never buying a single thing from there again! :mad:

Because that is the one + that will be announced in a months time! :p :D

Red could look pretty good in real life, although black/grey for me every single time :p

They have a very bad reputation. Unbelievable that they're still going strong :eek:

Yes, the Red version could end up looking like the Garnet Red S3 which was very nice in real life :cool:

15th March is less than a month away, but I think I'll hold off buying it straight away solely because of HTC's reputation of releasing revised versions of their phones within months of the initial release. I don't want to get burned :(

You'd be quite silly to buy this without seeing the S4 first at least, they might change the design - nobody knows for sure.

Especially as it's being released the same day as the S4 announcement... I bet that isn't a coincidence.

You'd be quite silly to buy this without seeing the S4 first at least, they might change the design - nobody knows for sure.

Especially as it's being released the same day as the S4 announcement... I bet that isn't a coincidence.

Less than a month a way to the next heavyweight flagship. Yes you would be silly for sure to spend your hard earned cash on this.

Definitely no coincidence regarding the S4 announcement. HTC will have approx a month head start or so if Samsung don't delay the shipping date from the announcement date.

Not counting on samsung changing the design;

- have used glossy plastic since the gs 1
- have had the hard home button since the gs 1 and it has been confirmed that they won't get rid of it
- all their other products are following a similar trend to the pebble/nature style
- the majority of people seem to like it or not be bothered considering how many gs 3 have sold so why change something that isn't broken?
- Taking apple's attitude :( :o

Sure the gs 4 will have sd slot, removable battery, better battery life, some great features and as for camera, it is too hard to say, the one series VS the GS 3 was very close, one phone won some scenarios whilst the other won in other areas.

Apart those wee things, everything else will come down to personal preference.

Back
Top Bottom