***The Official HTC One Thread***

Really looking forward to getting my hands on one - is the 32gb version the only one Europe will see as 64gb would be nice just because but if not then not a deal breaker really - Desire HD is really ****ing me off now with how slow it's getting!

Regarding battery life, here is what GSMarena rated the HTC DNA (5" 1080P SLCD 3 screen, S4 pro, 2020mAh battery)

ZJABVtV.jpg

Take with a huge pinch of salt though as this hasn't got much relevance to real world usage but gives you a rough idea. So the "one" with a smaller screen, bigger battery and possibly even better optimised sense should do pretty damn well......

Sarge what is the SD 600 like compared to the S4 pro for power efficiency, is it better, same or worse?

Last edited:
Think its put the Z to shame mind but they would have got more customers if they had put a SD card slot in, it doesn't bother me personally but it will a lot.

How many years will it take for SD card users to stop crying. No manufacturer is gonna do it anymore.

BS

OiwBzuu.gif

edit

lemme tell you why..

Xperia Z - SD slot in
Galaxy S4(99%) sure will have an SD slot
motorola - always has an SD slot

htc - another little thing that will put some of the so needed customers off..
n4 - sadly no sd and only 16gb max

so 3/2 ha.

Last edited:
Some interesting info. on the snapdragon 600 chipset:

http://www.androidcentral.com/qualcomm-announces-new-snapdragon-chips-are-fast-hell

The Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor targets high-end mobile devices. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor is designed to deliver great performance, rich graphics and enhanced user experience and will deliver up to 40 percent better performance than the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor at lower power. The new processor offers system-wide architectural improvements, key component upgrades and expanded connectivity options. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor features a new Krait 300 quad-core CPU with speeds up to 1.9GHz, a new speed enhanced Adreno 320 GPU and support for LPDDR3 memory.

http://www.androidauthority.com/qualcomm-opengl-es-3-snapdragon-600-800-156906/

Can't wait to see what the battery life of the htc one will be like!

I quite want one, the only thing putting me off is the lack of a menu button. How the hell do you use any menus without it? I'd also be mad to not wait and see what the S4 brings.
I think it's pretty stupid for HTC to launch ahead of the Galaxy again, as everyone is just gonna wait! Launch at the same time and let them go head to head.

Design looks great, camera sounds like a winner and Sense is the best Android overlay by a mile. SD Card doesn't bother me, I only have a 16gb S3 and never needed more I stream everything nowadays.

I quite want one, the only thing putting me off is the lack of a menu button. How the hell do you use any menus without it?

Like so:

menucw.png

Yup that is what I am very concerned about too, with the one series phones, you have the tweak to hold down the multi-tasking button in order to bring the menu up, however, without that now, I am not sure what you would do, unless double tap the return key :rolleyes:

So unfortunately, if there isn't some gesture/tweak, it means you will have the evil 3 dot menu button on the bottom of the screen, unless the app developers have removed it and added the menu button on the top right (to follow the ics guide lines) or somewhere else, unfortunately some developers don't even remove the 3 dot thing from the bottom even if they have the menu placed somewhere in the app :(

EDIT:

Can everyone report this thread in order to get it renamed to the proper name, have already reported but as usual the mod seems to be slacking on the job in this sub-forum :p :o

Last edited:
I was all for moving from my current One X to get one of these, but the fact that there's no difference in internal memory (32gb), is making me hesitate a bit.

And the faff with regards to the now missing buttons is making me even more reluctant. I think I'll just keep my One X for now and wait and see.

Wow that's A waste to have that 3 dots menu there

That battery life isn't good enough for me (it would be if i could swap out the battery)

I know a fair few like this but I think HTC have dropped the ball a bit

The dot menu drove me up the wall on the One X, if there's no way to disable it (by default) then I won't even consider this phone. It's ridiculous.

If you're going to do stupid things like mess about with the buttons at least include a menu key or just have on screen buttons (with a menu key, ala Nexus 4 etc).

:o

I don't get why it's so hard to make a decent phone.

Why would you not put an sd card in?
Why would you not allow a removable battery
Why would you use screen space for a button like that?
Design is of course personal but some things I just don't understand

The 3 dot menu thing "might" not be a problem any more as the htc one series phones have been out for ages now and as time went on developers did remove it so now there might only be a few apps that have it, I'll disable the tweak on my S and see which apps still have the 3 dot menu button there and report back.

The multi-tasking thing is very annoying! Thankfully this app will help though:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1vYmkuY29uZHVjdGlvbi5zd2lwZXBhZC5hbmRyb2lkIl0.

But I wish they had on screen buttons, so much more flexible than hardware buttons :(

That battery life isn't good enough for me (it would be if i could swap out the battery)

You don't know what the battery life is like yet! :p

The DNA battery is pretty damn good, better than the majority of phones aside from the likes of RAZR HD/MAXX and note II.

And the "one" has a more power efficient CPU chipset, smaller screen, bigger battery (280mAh more!) and for all we know, sense V5 could be better optimised for power efficiency....

If you want a removable battery, then your only option will be Samsung phones, which you don't want/like, so not much choice! :p

I don't like the look of sense V5 either, should have kept it the way it is currently but changed the colour scheme to a more stock android look.

Last edited:
The 3 dot menu thing "might" not be a problem any more as the htc one series phones have been out for ages now and as time went on developers did remove it so now there might only be a few apps that have it, I'll disable the tweak on my S and see which apps still have the 3 dot menu button there and report back.
Sadly a fair few still do, Facebook, Twitter, the Angry Birds series etc

I don't get why it's so hard to make a decent phone.

Why would you not put an sd card in?

They do it so they can sell different capacity versions at much higher markup, exactly as Apple do. Apple charge you £70 more for an extra 16gb of space on an iPad. This is comedy pricing, given said 16gb of storage is worth perhaps £10. But you are forced to pay it because 16gb is useless and they deliberately leave off an SD card slot so you cant just buy your own storage.

It's a crappy way to do things and I'm very dissapointed to see HTC going down this route. It's then even more crap that the entire reason they do this - to get people to pay stupid amounts more for a 64gb model - is rendered moot by the decision to not even sell the 64gb model in the UK.

Just, grrr.

Back
Top Bottom