***The Official HTC One Thread***

right this is annoying me.
How do i add app shortcuts to the dock at the bottom?
I can drag them from the grid listing of all installed apps but that removes from from the grid listing. Or is there a way I can add shortcuts back to the grid listing for apps I've removed the shortcut for?
I can create shortcuts onto the panels but i can't seem to then drag them to the dock.

hope that makes sense...
I'm using standard HTC UI.

The HTC Launcher will not let you have an app in the dock at the bottom, and in the app drawer at the same time - it's either or.

I'm trying to create a group of shortcuts on the dock so don't need to remove one.
which does work - I just don't know the best way to get the shortcut.

I'll go see if google can help.

The HTC Launcher will not let you have an app in the dock at the bottom, and in the app drawer at the same time - it's either or.

thanks for that.

does make sense i suppose as why would i used the app drawer for it when it's in the dock anyway.
just thought i was missing something obvious.

So Poetic have replied & they say that they are automatically going to send out updated versions of their case to all customers who bought the version with the IR Blaster issue without us needing to contact them once the stocks are available.

That's quality customer service from them.

Taking into consideration quality, aesthetics, cost and customer care they're the best IMHO, glad the whole thing was so painless for you:cool:

Near enough the first day of having this phone & I have to say it is pretty damn awesome.

The screen is lush, colours look great, viewing angles are a hell of a lot better than the N4 screen, No yellow colour shift here! The screen just well pops!

The speakers are amazing, Watched lots of youtube videos, some tvcatchup & listening to google music in the shower, By far the best speakers I've heard on a phone & it rivals my friends usb speaker which is pretty damn decent!

The camera isn't too bad but because I am on Three I am running an older firmware.

The TV remote is damn awesome too, Got my friend good & proper last night, he was looking around thinking what the hell just happened. I couldn't hold a straight face :(

Now down to the software, The camera software is really good, One big improvement over the N4. I don't think I like the launcher, But blinkfeed is pretty nice I have to say. I'm going to try & hold out installing Apex for the moment. Some things I still prefer on stock Android though! The keyboard is OK going to keep a hold on that one for the moment but will eventually install the 4.2 keyboard I think.

Audio quality through the headphones seems a little bit better than the N4 was.

Battery life seemed alright, It came with about 70% on it & that lasted 12 hours, with lots of downloading, streaming, texting. Certainly seems a lot better than the N4 again for that.

So that is that for now. I am enjoying the device but I don't know how long temptation of going back to PA will last.

Nice Mattey!

The screen is soo much better than on the N4 IMO and as you said viewing angles all over are superb. Oh and those speakers!

Getting used to the nav buttons?

Nice Mattey!

The screen is soo much better than on the N4 IMO and as you said viewing angles all over are superb. Oh and those speakers!

Getting used to the nav buttons?

Kinda haha.

It is certainly different to PIE. It took me 6 hours to figure out how to multitask! The menu on screen nav is annoying though. Ruins it a little bit with that. I like how they light up in dark areas, It would be cool if you could turn them off completely though.

I still keep going to swipe on the screen though so it is a habit I have to break quickly if it is going to become my main device.

I haven't noticed any quality issues thus far & I saw that the LED was mentioned as being not quite visible all the time, Not so on mine it is very bright.

Those speakers indeed! It must become standard for all high end smart phones from here on in.

Last edited:
I messed with the camera a bit yesterday (1.28.771.6).

All shots using Macro mode. (I used "Auto Enhance" on the first and last pics).

Looks pretty good to me.

The background is very bright but it may have been the angle of the shot.

Again, looks pretty good to me.

Looks rubbish. The moth is blurry (the closer I got the blurrier it got). The backrground is very noisy and has lots of red in that wasn't actually there.

I also took a macro shot of my keyboard (didn't save it) and the whole thing was very blurry.

In perfect conditions the camera looks awesome (there is a little noise which I know the firmware update will fix). In all other conditions it's not great.

Hopefully the firmware update will fix all of these issues. I'm going to mess around with some low light shots at the weekend.

Last edited:
Not bad! Especially when using the old firmware, the second and third are the best.

Don't forget, you can only get so close to the object until what you described starts to happen, generally happens with most phones when around 5-10cm between the phone and object, regardless of the macro preset.

You should see a nice improvement with the new firmware.

Has Google Now stopped working for anyone else/ mine just says location services are turned off and refuses to work, even though they're all turned on. I've tried restarting to no avail, and clearing app data...

So if the HO ends up getting an ASOP build, will you be flashing the ROM? Or stick to Sense?

I personally prefer Sense because it has so many useful features such as the browser and Zoe.

Last edited:
Has Google Now stopped working for anyone else/ mine just says location services are turned off and refuses to work, even though they're all turned on. I've tried restarting to no avail, and clearing app data...

Mine's working fine, Make sure Location services are enabled

Settings > Location > Location and Google Search (Checked)

Have just received this phone today.

The quality of the front camera seems terrible, the pictures are full of noise. My iPhone takes a better picture. The same pic taken with the rear camera is fine.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just pretty bad?

Thanks!

Quite a few people are leaving HTC recently!

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-sees-more-top-execs-disappear-as-facebook-fouls-first-launch-22283099/

A reshuffle in how HTC makes its strategy decisions could be part of the reason behind the shake-up, it’s suggested, with the company shifting product planning to the Taipei HQ and potentially leaving the Seattle office out of the loop. CEO Peter Chou – who has bet his job on the success of the One – is also said to be a source of frustration, deeply immersed in strategy and product design, and making over-arching decisions with little consultation with the executive team.

The company’s chief product officer, Kouji Kodera, has left the company, according to a report by The Verge. Kodera’s departure is one of a number of recent HTC fence-jumpers, which includes vice president of global communications Jason Gordon, global retail marketing manager Rebecca Rowland, director of digital marketing John Starkweather, and product strategy manager Eric Lin, according to the report. HTC Asia’s CEO Lennard Hoornik has also chosen to leave the company following two months of leave time.

In some ways it could be a good thing too as quite a couple of the marketing team etc. have left and this is where HTC badly needs to improve (baring in mind that the One X main failure was the US market....), fresh new ideas etc. Sounds like the CEO also needs to go..........

All I can say is if this was/is a sign that they were/are going "down" then that means we will have pretty much no competition at all then (only really left with Sony and Motorola and well we all know what they are like, be it sub par devices, poor support or/and don't care about the UK market.........) and android OS/market might as well be left to Samsung only and with no competition (at least not having to worry about the competition as much since HTC are their main rivals when it comes to the product(s) and quality), it means Samsung could end up not producing as good products i.e. taking a laid back approach/not putting as much effort in and could also put the price up even further.

Hopefully google will buy htc :p

EDIT:

Just reading Eric Lin tweets etc. and wow he comes across like a right knob :p :o Not to mention saying:

To all my friends still at @HTC - just quit. leave now. it’s tough to do, but you’ll be so much happier, I swear.

very unprofessional.....

Have just received this phone today.

The quality of the front camera seems terrible, the pictures are full of noise. My iPhone takes a better picture. The same pic taken with the rear camera is fine.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just pretty bad?

Thanks!

Sounds faulty to me as the front camera is pretty good:

HTC one:

http://pocketnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/OneFF1.jpg

iphone 5:

http://pocketnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/iPhone5FFFF.jpg

920 VS one:

http://pocketnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/lumia920vshtcone_ffc.jpg

Make sure you go through the settings to make sure quality etc. is set to high.

Last edited:
A wee bit, more so on the right hand side, personally I don't see a huge difference but when you look at it comparison overall, imo the one looks quite a bit better, more detail, clearer, larger FOV, it does look a bit too warm/yellowy though, however, impossible to say as for all we know, the lighting could actually be like that.

EDIT:

BTW have you got the latest firmware? 1.29? Not sure about this, but the rear camera on previous versions has an ISO bug which can make the image look a bit noisy so perhaps the front camera could have a similar problem....

Back
Top Bottom