***The Official HTC One Thread***

Yup - that works for me. I share it between the touchpad (16gb) and my Desire HD (also 16gb sdhdc card).

Dropped the upgrade team at Vodafone a message yesterday about upgrading early (upgrade date is 31st March) and I'm on the list to get a HTC One the day of release :-) Staying on my £35/month contract but swapped 300mins (so from 600mins to 300mins) for an extra 500mb data (so now 1gb).

I can still apply my 20% HP employee discount as well :-)

is that to upgrade earlier than the date listed on the website? methinks i will try that too...

mmm nice, just say this in the accessories section which works well with this phone and everything....

p_htc_item.aspx

wish they did the clam case they did for the HTC ONe....(iphone style)

Yay! Thread title change :D :D :D

:p

Some more good info on the HTC one camera:

HTC One vs Nokia Lumia 920 vs 808 PureView: technical comparison

Conclusion:

Overall, HTC has taken a big risk with the UltraPixel Camera on the HTC One. But it is a much, much needed one. We simply cannot have good quality cameras on smartphones as long as all discussion revolves around the number of megapixels. It has to stop.

It is clear to every expert that anything in the vicinity of 5-megapixels should be plentiful for the vast majority of users. However it takes action and guts to deliver a 4-megapixel camera while the industry and some users are salivating in anticipation of more and more megapixels. HTC showed it has the guts to challenge those misconceptions.

Admittedly, the company is not the first one to make drastic improvements in cameras. Nokia was there first years ago, and most recently it has delivered some revolutionary devices like the Nokia N8 and the Nokia 808 PureView.

Bad news for Nokia is it has diluted its PureView technology with the Lumia 920. PureView started as a synonym for the Nokia 808 with its huge sensor and resulting amazing image quality. But later, with the Lumia 920 it evolved into a marketing term with little meaning.

Finally, it is clear the HTC One cannot compete with PureView as seen on the Nokia 808, but comparing the two wouldn't be comparing apples to apples because of the difference in size and thickness.

In the land of slim, sleek modern devices, though, the HTC One definitely has the potential to set a new standard and beat the Lumia 920, and the competition. More importantly, it has the potential to really make a splash. That is something Nokia's devices could not do, hampered by Nokia's decision to use the Windows Phone platform that has not yet won consumers. Riding the popularity of Android, the HTC One has all pre-requisites of becoming a massive hit, and maybe the best Android cameraphone. That means a lot.

A lot of people are saying that HTC still need to put more work into the software optimisation for the final units (regarding the camera) so hopefully review sites will get the final units/software version and not these current models as we have seen how much of an improvement there was with the GS 3 software update to improve the camera not long after release as well as the sense V4+ update for the one series phones (in terms of colours and balancing), lumia 920 software update etc. etc.

Now the problems start, I said when this phone was launched I was not wow'd by the phone and I may wait for the Google X phone, the problem is the more I read and see of the htc One I want one.

I may just have to sell my htc One X to raise some funds towards a nice new silver htc One :D

the things i like

alu(Want something that feels cold in hand)
screen(who wouldnt like it?!)
camera/features on it

things i dont like
screen size(kinda wanted 5')
new sense(easy to kill off)
buttons(im still unsure whos decision it was to set them up like that)
that poopy logo..

tbh i want it the most out of all the phones now.

the things i like

alu(Want something that feels cold in hand)
screen(who wouldnt like it?!)
camera/features on it

things i dont like
screen size(kinda wanted 5')
new sense(easy to kill off)
buttons(im still unsure whos decision it was to set them up like that)
that poopy logo..

tbh i want it the most out of all the phones now.

I guess that just about sums it up for me. I suppose we are never going to get the perfect phone, what is good for one person will be a let down for another.
I can see me hitting the buy it button soon, just may wait for MWC next week, but to be honest I can't see anymore surprises this side of the SG4 of the Google X phone.

I guess that just about sums it up for me. I suppose we are never going to get the perfect phone, what is good for one person will be a let down for another.
I can see me hitting the buy it button soon, just may wait for MWC next week, but to be honest I can't see anymore surprises this side of the SG4 of the Google X phone.

It's worth waiting for the sake of a couple of weeks, you just don't know.

I like it, I like it a lot, but do I like it more than my black iPhone 5?

Pre ordered a black one from Amazon anyway. Never used Android before so...

Good videos here:

Sense V5 actually looks pretty good, more minimal/cleaner looking, just not too fussed on blinkfeed/homescreen/appdrawer.

The front stereo speakers sound superb! The TV remote actually looks really cool/useful too.

Samsung are going to have to do something very special with the GS 4 and touchwiz (other than just having a better CPU/GPU, NLED, better camera for quality or whatever) in order to tide me away from this!

Samsung are going to have to do something very special with the GS 4 and touchwiz (other than just having a better CPU/GPU, NLED, better camera for quality or whatever) in order to tide me away from this!

I'm sure a nice bit of glossy plastic will bring you to your knees. :cool:

:p

Back
Top Bottom