***The Official HTC One Thread***

The hardware is stunning but that two button UI is absolutely shocking, there's no way you'd want to use a device like that everyday.

HTC will end up disabling them and adding software buttons after all the complaints, wait for the next version with a normal layout in September/October.

I'm sure a nice bit of glossy plastic will bring you to your knees. :cool:

:p

Not just any glossy plastic, but brushed plastic! Preferably a nice nature colour to it too i.e. brown or green :cool:

:p

two button UI is absolutely shocking, there's no way you'd want to use a device like that everyday.

HTC will end up disabling them and adding software buttons after all the complaints, wait for the next version with a normal layout in September/October.

That is the only thing really stopping me, just an incredibly stupid decision especially after the up roar with the 3 dot menu button!

Could I live with it? Yeah. Would it **** me of every time I look at it and use the buttons? Yes! :mad:

Hopefully there will be a revised version by May!

[TW]Fox;23808691 said:
Hopefully its customisable, where would we be without the HTC Clock widgit :eek:

I don't think you can customise the blinkfeed homescreen, but when you slide to the normal/blank homescreens, you can add the widgets etc. to them and if they have removed the clock/weather widget, all is not lost :p

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1721809

[TW]Fox;23808691 said:
Kinda tempted.

Don't like the tiled homescreen though. Hopefully its customisable, where would we be without the HTC Clock widgit :eek:

I'm sure I saw on a video somewhere in this thread that you can choose the normal clock widget screen as default instead of the blinkfeed screen

[TW]Fox;23808691 said:
Kinda tempted.

Don't like the tiled homescreen though. Hopefully its customisable, where would we be without the HTC Clock widgit :eek:

i hope so from the info below it does not look too good.

HTC's BlinkFeed can't be removed from your home screen

BlinkFeed must be one of the HTC One's home screens, but doesn't have to be the primary one
http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/454484/htc_blinkfeed_can_t_removed_from_your_home_screen/

i guess the dev got some work on there hands.

Wow! The one looks considerably better to me there apart from the low lit scenario, not sure why cnet are saying that there isn't too much difference, the iphone 5 photos looks blurry for the lab shots in good light and outdoor shots, not to mention the yellow tinge in the first comparison and the colours just too "warm".

Was expecting the one to do much better in low lit shot though, perhaps the "software" update will fix/improve it.....

EDIT:

First thing that I would be doing if I get one is disabling blink feed via the app manager and installing nova! :p

Last edited:
It has a long way to go yet to beat the Lumia 920 that had one hell of a camera on, if only that camera was on a android phone would be a killer then.

I took that on the way to work around 6am in the morning so pretty much pitch black apart from the street lights, before the snow came down that friday.
wp20130118001u.jpg

Last edited:
HTC have two names for phones, the development name, and the retail name.

HD2 = Leo
Nexus One = Passion
Desire = Bravo
Desire HD = Ace
Wildfire = Buzz
Desire S = Saga
Incredible S = Vivo
Sensation = Pyramid
One S = Ville
One XL = Evita
One X = Endeavor
One = M7

etc. etc.

In theory the one should produce better low lit shots than the lumia 920.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-...technical-comparison_id40042#8-Nexus-4-sample

Below taken from androidcentral forums:

As a huge camera geek as well as smartphone geek, the amount of misinformation about the "Ultrapixel" sensor is really annoying me. I just wanted to post to clear somethings up.

Assertion 1: Megapixels don't matter

This is true to a point. For the vast majority of users, 4 MP is enough for a smartphone. You're probably going to downscale the image to post online anyhow. Even a 1:1 pixel image on a relatively big monitor is 1920x1200. That's about 2MP. Unless you're going to print these on paper at a big size, the MP don't matter much. That is, unless you plan to crop your images a lot. Then you may notice it.

Assertion 2: Bigger pixels (Ultrapixels) collect more light, hence they have less noise

While it is true that a bigger pixel will collect more light and have less noise than a similar small pixel, this is noise at the PIXEL-LEVEL. So if you view your images enlarged to a 1:1 ratio on your monitor, the 4 MP of the HTC One camera will look cleaner than the center 4 MP out of the 13 MP of a Sony Experia Z. However, we don't view pictures like this. We view images as a whole. If you have an image sensor the same overall size as the HTC One's with the same everything but split into more pixels, the resulting image should look very close to the HTC One's once you scale the image down to 4MP. It is not a fair comparison to compare at the pixel level without scaling because then you're comparing only the part of the image that fell on a fraction of the higher MP sensor. (Note, higher MP counts DO make a difference when scaled, but not by much. It also depends on how the imaging portion of the sensor scales with non-imaging circuitry.)

Assertion 3: The image quality of the HTC One will be superior to the current smartphones

If you don't need images of more than 4MP, this is true. And it's not really because of how big those pixels are. It's all about good Signal to Noise ratio. and the HTC One has many things in its advantage. First, the sensor is overall bigger. It is 1/3" sized instead of 1/3.2" like the iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S 3. A bigger sensor means you can collect more light. Secondly, the lens is a F/2.0 lens versus the F/2.4 of the iPhone or F/2.6 of the GS3. That means half a stop more light entering due to a larger aperture. (A one stop increase is equivalent to double the light.) Thirdly, HTC is touting an image processor with low read noise. That means they can turn up the ISO sensitivity with less noise. And finally, the HTC One sports optical image stabilization. That means it should be able to use a longer exposure time while remaining sharp. Of course, that's for relative static subjects. All four of these contribute to a higher S/N ratio, so less noisy pictures.

In conclusion, I'm very excited about the possibilities with the HTC One camera. But not because of the "ultrapixels." It's because of the sensor size, fast lens, low read noise, and image stabilizer. Actualy, it shares a lot of specs with the Nokia Lumia 920. 1/3" sensor, F/2.0 lens, and Optical Image Stabilization. I'm hoping quality is at least on par with that.

As that guy pretty much said, I am expecting this to be at least as good as the 920 for low lit shots.

Hmm. Considering HTC have made a big fuss about the camera, that isn't even remotely impressive.

I couldn't say it looks generally any better than the iPhone 5 from those pictures... arguably worse in some :o

I agree with Jabbs that the Lumia 920 seems to have the best overall camera at the minute.

agree :) i think if you scaled the images down to the same size htc one images are it would look better :o

Say what?!?! :eek: :confused:

Aside from the low lit shot (one still looks better though), the one looks considerably better in all of them:

- amount of detail captured in the flower, not to mention colours
- the portrait shot is a hundred times better, just look at the face and amount of light, the iphone 5 looks to have a bit more detail/sharper look to it
- the colours in the test lab when well lit, iphone 5 has a warm yellow tinge, blurry and rather noisy/grainy looking, the one has true whites and looks clearer with better colours
- outdoor shot, just look at the grass, colours and bushes etc., iphone looks too warm and again very blurry in comparison

Plus don't forget, that a software update could improve the shots even more (especially the low lit shot as that is very poor, should do better) just like what happened with the lumia 920 (a lot of review sites slated it for not being better, photo quality was very inconsistent), the GS 3 and the small camera update not long after release that vastly improved quality and then the htc one mobiles with sense V4+

No idea how on earth you can think that there isn't much difference between them...... :confused:

EDIT:

Just looking at them again and I still can't believe you think that! :o :p

Last edited:
I disagree, I don't think it looks much better generally (if at all).

That aside, it's not impressive at all, it wouldn't look better than the GS3 or something either.

Say what?!?! :eek: :confused:

Aside from the low lit shot (one still looks better though), the one looks considerably better in all of them:

- amount of detail captured in the flower, not to mention colours
- the portrait shot is a hundred times better, just look at the face and amount of light, the iphone 5 looks to have a bit more detail/sharper look to it
- the colours in the test lab when well lit, iphone 5 has a warm yellow tinge, blurry and rather noisy/grainy looking, the one has true whites and looks clearer with better colours
- outdoor shot, just look at the grass, colours and bushes etc., iphone looks too warm and again very blurry in comparison

Plus don't forget, that a software update could improve the shots even more (especially the low lit shot as that is very poor, should do better) just like what happened with the lumia 920 (a lot of review sites slated it for not being better, photo quality was very inconsistent), the GS 3 and the small camera update not long after release that vastly improved quality and then the htc one mobiles with sense V4+

No idea how on earth you can think that there isn't much difference between them...... :confused:

EDIT:

Just looking at them again and I still can't believe you think that! :o :p

are we looking at the same pictures??!?!

HOdYZMb.png

mind you that is saved in paint so the quality is pooop but Iphone 5 look better in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom