***The Official HTC One Thread***

March 15th really cannot around quick enough now - seeing what I've seen this will be a tidy upgrade from a DHD!

Love the camera features like the combining several photos into one collage if you're shooting action shots etc and being able to choose the best faces for a group shot - which I've seen in action on a GS3 and works very well on that!

Not sure what network I'll get this on though - to leave t-mobile and get it through someone else or to just buy it outright hmmm

Not deciding on anything till I see the GS 4 and especially the X phone first ;) KLP could win me over........

Nope, will always be a fanboy of SAMOLED :p but I can live with a good LCD screen!

I presume you will be getting one and then also getting the GS 4 as well as the X phone? :D :p

Here is a comparison of very low lit shots (against a proper dedicated camera, iphone 5, GS 3 and GS 2)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38341650&postcount=302

Now, the one without a doubt looks better there (compared to the phones)! :p Still a bit noisy though....

Going on those comparison photos the HTC looks way sharper over the I5, you don't get as good detail on the I5 camera and everything loooks sharper to me on the HTC.

Not deciding on anything till I see the GS 4 and especially the X phone first ;) KLP could win me over........

Nope, will always be a fanboy of SAMOLED :p but I can live with a good LCD screen!

I presume you will be getting one and then also getting the GS 4 as well as the X phone? :D :p

I'll see how they look when they are released, but I can't rule anything out. :p

What's the deal with the X phone anyway, people keep mentioning it but that's all I've heard...

Here is a comparison of very low lit shots (against a proper dedicated camera, iphone 5, GS 3 and GS 2)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38341650&postcount=302

Now, the one without a doubt looks better there (compared to the phones)! :p Still a bit noisy though....

Yes, that looks better, would like to see the Lumia 920 in there as well though.

Going on those comparison photos the HTC looks way sharper over the I5, you don't get as good detail on the I5 camera and everything loooks sharper to me on the HTC.

I think the sharpness is simply a post-processing effect, enhancing the image (some like it, some don't). The other One series phones did it as well.

I personally dislike how the L920 would change the colour of the skies and such in dark shots, everything else looks awesome but things like that would make it look so unnatural too me.

What's the deal with the X phone anyway, people keep mentioning it but that's all I've heard...

It just seems to be rumours built upon rumours for now! :p

But there is some stuff that seems to be pretty concrete:

- will be the first phone running KLP (modified with features built upon stock android)
- shown at google's i/o event

The rest is then just spec rumours:

Quad core processor (probably snapdragon 600)
4.8" - 5" Display (probably SAMOLED)
High end battery based on RAZR MAXX range possibly 3000mAh
Kevlar Casing and clever weatherproofing
Internal Memory going up to 128Gb!!! and SD Card slot!!! (doubt this very much)
Sold through Play store for around £289.99 in line with the Nexus 4 (can't see it being as cheap as that, probably be cheaper than htc one, gs 4 but dearer than the nexus 4)
IIRC, will use the sony camera sensor found in the xperia Z

Most recent articles about it here:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motorola-seeks-product-manager-for-the-Motorola-X_id39350

http://androidspin.com/2013/02/13/m...game-changer-with-software-never-seen-before/

There seems to be display/demo models in phone shops already! 3, p4u etc. :eek: People are stopping in and getting to play with them!!!

Will have to pop over and see ¬_¬

Just looking at those pics. For both of those I think the htc looks loads better. To me it' obvious.

Edt

Actually I don't know. The htc looks sharper but I prefer the ip5 colours

Last edited:
There seems to be display/demo models in phone shops already! 3, p4u etc. :eek: People are stopping in and getting to play with them!!!

Will have to pop over and see ¬_¬

Is this the One?

Where did you get this info??

Might have to go in next time I'm near a phone shop if this is true

Yup, the name sucks big time! :D Not just because it sounds stupid, but because there are already about 20-30 other htc one *insert random letter* phones, plus when you search for accessories for the "HTC one" on ebay/amazon, have fun with all the search results/items :D :p

Wonder what their next flagship will be called, HTC two??? :p :o

Not to mention their names for the features are even worse! blinkfeed, boom sound, zoe.......lol :o

It is like these guys literally just pick the words from some random name generator :D

Back
Top Bottom