***The Official HTC One Thread***

that has got to be the stupidest way to show off a phone! and the alarms jeez i took the n4 in hands at my local CPW and it started screaming like i was riping it off the damn wall.. daheck.

ill pop down to my local shops today and see what they have.

Yup, the worst that I have come across :(

3 and vodafone (only shows a few phones though) are very good for displaying phones, however, 3 have recently clamped the phones down now (except the samsung gs3 devices on their own wee stands :rolleyes:) so you can no longer even pick it up :/ At least it doesn't disrupt the front though.

So far it seems to be just p4u and 3 that have some demo model, some have had to ask to see it though as not all of the shops are putting them on display.

I'll try to see if I can see the "one" :o :D sometime next week.

I finally saw the HOX screen in detail yesterday as a colleague had one - It was under office lights but from what I could see the colours and viewing angles were top drawer - the only thing I couldn't properly test were black levels as I need a dim room for that. It's the best Android based LCD i've seen.

So the one on the ONE :o should be great.

Yup it is an outstanding LCD display, far better than the previous LCD screens that they were using on the likes of the desire HD :o

So the one on the ONE :o should be great.

I think this aptly sums up how bad the name is. :o :o :o

:(

And before the 'One' phones, you'd think HTC's previous phones were a line of women's vibrators... Desire, Sensation... :p

Yup it is an outstanding LCD display, far better than the previous LCD screens that they were using on the likes of the desire HD :o

The Sensation viewing angles were hilariously bad as well. Even slightly off angle it lost all colour.

And before the 'One' phones, you'd think HTC's previous phones were a line of women's vibrators... Desire, Sensation... :p

Lol :D

The Sensation viewing angles were hilariously bad as well. Even slightly off angle it lost all colour.

Yup, disliked that screen so much too! :mad: (not as bad as the DHD though :p) The sensation was/is an awful phone overall. Speaking of which, are htc even updating that phone any more, what about JB? :confused:

The HOX is an excellent device and HTC did wonders with the SLCD 3 screen. I understand that the battery life has been improved with a recent update, however I couldn't wait around for an update so I got rid of it. The HOX has an excellent screen extremely eye popping display wise.

It is a good alternative to the S3, the Sensation however was totally different whereby IMHO was extremely poor when compared to the S2.

The HTC One will be a viable alternative to the S4 when it comes out. I am looking forward to it being released soon.

That Zoe video above showing the various retouch features is bloody amazing. Can you imagine the advertising and furore Apple would be pushing out with that kind of feature? Looks bloody brilliant!

Will still wait to see what the GS4 and more importantly the X Phone brings, but this phone looks great so far.

That Zoe video above showing the various retouch features is bloody amazing. Can you imagine the advertising and furore Apple would be pushing out with that kind of feature? Looks bloody brilliant!

We'll soon find out when the next version of iOS has a lot of this stuff. I bet it hasn't been patented... :p

They'll market it brilliantly and sell millions of devices, and HTC will have a bloke jumping out of a plane... :D

Supposedly there is a menu option:

Taken from XDA re the missing button issue:

I have been at the exclusive HTC One event in Cologne yesterday and asked them about exactly this problem. They showed me that you can change the behaviour of the back button. Single Tab will be "back", press and hold will be "menu-button". So this wont be really a problem. Furthermore the multitask is extremely fast and responsive, no comparison to multitasking with the One X! You can see all tasks in ONE view and dont have to scroll from left to right only to find the right task...this sucks @ One X!

^ Did you look at the actual images? The 920 is a blurry mess and the 'One' is super grainy :p

Here's my critique from these first examples.

• It has great dynamic range. :cool:
  • HTC have chosen a high shutter speed default for low light over ISO sensitivity :cool: (Much better for general photography. Hopefully there's a good low light landscape mode, similar to what the 920 defaults too. It should be even better if the OIS systems are similar)
  • HTC have gone back to over sharpening and heavy local contrast to make up for the low res :(
  • Nothing ground breaking but it's v.decent for a compact/light system :)

The first blurry picture is most likely down to some kind of movement when taking the picture. It seems odd.

I've also seen a lot of pictures taken by the 920 in similar conditions so of course those are in my mind too. They're generally very good.

I'm glad you've noticed the dodgy sharpening as well, all of the pictures have had it so far. :/

Back
Top Bottom