***The Official HTC One Thread***

Yup, the name sucks big time! :D Not just because it sounds stupid, but because there are already about 20-30 other htc one *insert random letter* phones, plus when you search for accessories for the "HTC one" on ebay/amazon, have fun with all the search results/items :D :p

Wonder what their next flagship will be called, HTC two??? :p :o

Not to mention their names for the features are even worse! blinkfeed, boom sound, zoe.......lol :o

It is like these guys literally just pick the words from some random name generator :D

The naming sucks, they really need to focus on branding and advertising. They clearly have a winning phone on their hands now and it ticks all the boxes.

This phone looks great but i bet it will have terrible battery life like the one x :(

seriously when are they going to change and improve battery tech?

The reason the one X was/is terrible is due to the power hungry chipset (and probably poor software/driver optimisation with it), if they had whacked in the dual core krait 28nm chipset, you would have been getting really good battery life like the one S and XL.

The HTC DNA has excellent battery life, better than the S/XL, 5" 1080P screen, S4 pro quad and "only" a 2020mAh battery.

The one has:

smaller screen + bigger battery (& li po instead of li lon) than DNA/BF + next gen qualcomm chipset, which iirc consumes up 40% less power than the current s4 pro at max performance + sense V5 is possibly even better for power efficiency = excellent battery life

So it "should" be a good bit better than the current lot of phones but maybe not as good as the note II, RAZR MAXX though.

There is more to battery life than just what battery is being used.

Hopefully reviews will be out soon to give us a general idea.

Last edited:
Agree with the above, hopefully battery life will be improved over the One X (should be as you say)

And I was confused when I first saw the name, they've gone from the One X, One S and One V, just chucked the letter off and called it the One ... Odd choice

It should be pretty good. Depending on what you define as good.

a day without it dying or going below 30% from 7am till 10pm at night syncing 3 gmail accounts. 1-2 hour phone calls. an hour or two browsing the net.

my one x would go half a day doing the above before it dies or goes at around 30-40% by 12pm.

Home, Back, Multitasking, Menu.

These are the buttons that are required for daily use and are standard ICS+ buttons.

The problem with the menu button sounds like it will be the same as the issue with the ONEX before a software update. Many apps show that button at the bottom, showing the button also shows the whole bottom menubar (the same menu bar that shows on phones with zero buttons) it takes up a lot of space and is extremely annoying in order to show one measly button that could have easily been a hardware button.

It would not bother me if there were no hardware buttons on the phone, as then the bar would contain 3 - 4 useful buttons. I hope to god that they have added an option within the phone settings like they have on the ONEX that allows you to longpress the menubutton in order to open the menu instead of the soft button.

Below are a couple of screenshots from my phone before and after that update to show that even with a launcher app it is wasting space.

what phone or skin did you use to have that, damn i would love to get that on a HO or on my htc sensation

Had a little play with a HTC one today at p4u in Leeds. Not a great deal to report back on as the phone was in one of those massive clamps. Screen seemed nice and the new sense is also much better than the massive widget horribly prior versions. I would likely flash a new ROM anyway but not just to get rid of sense like my current phone.

Do they not still have the widgets though? So when you slide back to the plain homescreens and hold down on the screen to add shortcuts, widgets, they no longer have all the bookmarks, calendar/agenda etc. widgets?

Amazon are giving away an htc media link with this phone. Be sure to check the amazon one and not the one that is the default.

Offer till the 15th of March.

Do they not still have the widgets though? So when you slide back to the plain homescreens and hold down on the screen to add shortcuts, widgets, they no longer have all the bookmarks, calendar/agenda etc. widgets?

It probably does, I wasn't playing around with it enough to find out. I was actually having trouble using the screen with it being in the clamp. Probably because parts of the screen were being touched by the clamp.

Sense just seems to be more integrated into things like the appdraw or notification bar, instead of just being some horrible massive widgets plonked onto your home screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah ok.

Did you compare the screen to the xperia Z? If yes, how did you find it in comparison?

Can't be as bad as CPW were they put a cable tie right in the middle and it is so tight that the screen barely even responds when touched! :D :p :o

Ah ok.

Did you compare the screen to the xperia Z? If yes, how did you find it in comparison?

Can't be as bad as CPW were they put a cable tie right in the middle and it is so tight that the screen barely even responds when touched! :D :p :o

Nope, sorry I was in and out fairly quickly as I wanted to avoid the annoying sales pitch. I really wish I could have picked it up and tried it properly.

Ah ok.

that has got to be the stupidest way to show off a phone! and the alarms jeez i took the n4 in hands at my local CPW and it started screaming like i was riping it off the damn wall.. daheck.

ill pop down to my local shops today and see what they have.

Ah ok.

I finally saw the HOX screen in detail yesterday as a colleague had one - It was under office lights but from what I could see the colours and viewing angles were top drawer - the only thing I couldn't properly test were black levels as I need a dim room for that. It's the best Android based LCD i've seen.

So the one on the ONE :o should be great.

I finally saw the HOX screen in detail yesterday as a colleague had one - It was under office lights but from what I could see the colours and viewing angles were top drawer - the only thing I couldn't properly test were black levels as I need a dim room for that. It's the best Android based LCD i've seen.

So the one on the ONE :o should be great.

jeez that is a dumb name :D should we just be phone geeks and call it m7?

Back
Top Bottom