***The Official HTC One Thread***

Three have it on PAYG for £479.99...

£69.99 for the Phone on the One plan for £36pm looks like a reasonable deal - plan also includes tethering which is nice. Only trouble is that I'm put off by Threes coverage. Since moving to Virgin I've been amazed at how good the joint T-Mobile/Orange coverage is and I'm loath to give it up.

[TW]Fox;23824360 said:
Three have it on PAYG for £479.99...

£69.99 for the Phone on the One plan for £36pm looks like a reasonable deal - plan also includes tethering which is nice. Only trouble is that I'm put off by Threes coverage. Since moving to Virgin I've been amazed at how good the joint T-Mobile/Orange coverage is and I'm loath to give it up.

i cant wait to get away from orange/tmobile! :) signal is OK but i get no data connection in central london.. and at our office the only place i can actually get it is right in front of my work pc and even then the speed is 100-200kb/s :|

[TW]Fox;23824502 said:
So three on its own has a better signal than Orange and T-Mobile *combined*?

I find that exceptionally difficult to beleive, sorry.

No, it doesn't.

Plus, it depends entirely on where you are, you can't give out signal advice to other people unless you live and work in the exact same places.

Plus, it depends entirely on where you are, you can't give out signal advice to other people unless you live and work in the exact same places.

I travel frequently and one of the biggest advantages of Virgin is that seemingly wherever I am, it is rare for me to have no signal. This was not the case for Vodafone who I previously used nor O2.

[TW]Fox;23824502 said:
So three on its own has a better signal than Orange and T-Mobile *combined*?

I find that exceptionally difficult to beleive, sorry.

If by better your referring to speed then yes, i find Three to give far greater speeds then orange ever did whilst in similar locations...

Three use 2g Orange masks and Three have really invested in their network over the years, their not the same unreliable service they once were.

Haha:D

Yes I should have been clearer.

Now that I think about it I suppose both, why are you considering it?

Have you seen it i. The flesh and if so how does it compare?

I have not seen it, no.

I am considering it, along with whatever Samsung release, to replace or use alongside my iPhone 5. There's nothing I find lacking on the iPhone but the HTC and Samsung will both definitely out-muscle it to some degree.

I'm looking forward to all the reviews and impressions, we can't say anything with much certainty until then.

If by better your referring to speed then yes, i find Three to give far greater speeds then orange ever did whilst in similar locations...

Three use 2g Orange masks and Three have really invested in their network over the years, their not the same unreliable service they once were.

Dont really care about speed as long as its good enough for browsing. Coverage is far more important.

I've been with Three for a while now and the 3G coverage is decent. It's funny though as if I go into the next street I get no coverage what so ever.

I am really tempted by this phone for my move over to android. I have used a SG3 and love it, but with the simplicity of the iPhone, I am worried that I will get frustrated with the operation of an Android device.

Anyone know how much iPhone4s 32GB in Black are worth? Mine is in a decent enough condition.

Back
Top Bottom