***The Official HTC One Thread***

[TW]Fox;23846705 said:
Phones4u had it for preorder at £459.99 yesterday. Today it's £489.99. Will it be £529.99 tommorrow? :p

Probably! It's £550 here.

I think anything under £500 is a 'fair' price. I wouldn't pull any triggers until we've seen the full set of reviews though, and also you (probably) won't even have it by the time the GS4 is announced... maybe it won't be plastic fantastic. Just maybe. :(

Clove have said they are scheduled to get them on March 15th, I think that's where it came from.

However, this is just one retailer and it could vary from place to place, especially the networks. Don't expect to be getting any upgrades delivered on March 15th.

I hate double tapping capacitive buttons or screens, hope HTC release a One+ like this in September.

vhsnvwb.jpg

:(

:D

Last edited:
There are a few people that are saying the release date is going to be brought forward and some are giving dates around the 5th and 8th of March, due to Samsung announcing the GS 4. Not officially confirmed though.

Ill be getting one of these for sure will flog me DNA :p.

Decent hands-on, not seen it posted yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYo7ztJgWv0

Decent vid, looked at a couple of the others too, the bar has been raised this year, I can confidently say, QC issues aside, Nexus18 won't be fighting such a rearguard action defending HTC.

Speaking as someone who is prob gona wait for a Note 3, providing the s4 isn't epic, it would come down to software or quirks to choose between the HTC or Sony.

I like htc's choice re camera but think 5mp would have been better providing it was feasible, IMHO at 4mp they will struggle to shine above their competitors as in many ways the 4 will equate to 12mp but have size drawbacks to go with shutter and light gain.

The Sony looks great and waterproof is exceptional and rw useful but it has the standard locked up tight hard to work with Sony software and extras that get lost upon unlocking and rooting.

Both are rumoured to have good and bad screens being used in production which will IMO create uncertainty and doubt in their potential customers and account for differing review and hands on verdicts.

Both seem to be valid purchases easily defended in the court of geek opinion, an interesting Q ahead.

Back
Top Bottom