***The Official HTC One Thread***

[TW]Fox;23868038 said:
Found a black dummy handset in a Three store today. Thoughts:

a) Build quality is stunning. I can find no area of criticism. Everything felt fantastic.
b) It's a bit of an ergonomic disaster - it has square edges which means its not as comfortable to hold or as natural to hold as my HTC Sensation.

Need to find a working model.

Spent most of my day looking for a working model, had no luck. Even the Three store which I visited didn't have the dummy model.

Why didn't Sony use the latest snapdragon is beyond me, nothing wrong with the one in the Z its the same one in my DNA but they should have used the latest like in the HTC One imo.

I am going to hold off and see what the GS4 has to offer before making any decisions.

Last edited:
The higher resolution screen will put a big drag on the cpu so extra horsepower will help for sure and new cpu's are always more efficient.

The higher resolution screen will put a big drag on the cpu so extra horsepower will help for sure and new cpu's are always more efficient.

No it won't and they both have identical GPUs. It's a minor update at best, nothing like the generational gap Sony usually find themselves with.
We've peaked at usable compute at 28nm, the S4 pro struggles to use all it's power in a phone chassis.

If you want better performance look at the software.

Pre-ordered via phones4u:

£33pm
600 mins
Unlimited texts
1GB data
Free handset
Free case + urbeats headphones

Not as good as the deal a few posts back but I'm happy enough. Bring on March 15th!

is it better to pre order now or wait until a week after release? Maybe find better deals and perhaps there's major issues with the phone or something?

Exactly what I am going to do. Will wait to see what the real world feedback is. I'd hate it if it's a great hit and the network providers exploit it by charing more for the pay monthly.

Had a play with a demo unit in phones4u today, was very impressed with the feel and this is just a unit with no internals, the case feels amazing and its not slippery which is a big bonus, HTC really nailed the design on this phone, feels premium like dare i say it an iPhone!

is it better to pre order now or wait until a week after release? Maybe find better deals and perhaps there's major issues with the phone or something?

I'm definately not going to pre order, stands to reason they are just cashing in on the 'omg my life is over if I dont get it on launch day' crowd with pre order pricing. It's hardly the new iPhone in terms of appeal, so I'm sure within a month we'll see tasty deals.

Had a play with a demo unit in phones4u today, was very impressed with the feel and this is just a unit with no internals, the case feels amazing and its not slippery which is a big bonus, HTC really nailed the design on this phone, feels premium like dare i say it an iPhone!

the demo unit i've played with was broken and it was made out of plastic(or at least it felt like plastic) :o

the demo unit i've played with was broken and it was made out of plastic(or at least it felt like plastic) :o

The one in phones felt like a proper casing to me, it was cold to the touch and felt like the aluminium in other top phones, though i guess they can get some pretty good plastic that feels like metal these days.

Played with a dummy model in P4U today- wow, not bad at all. The feel of it by itself is enough to swing it for me over my Xperia Z (which I actually think feels fine in the hand). Add to that the screen on the One is even more epic than the Z, that's me sold. Shame about lack of micro SD card slot, and also that 'BlinkFeed' can't be disabled (without rooting at least)

Back
Top Bottom