***The Official HTC One Thread***

I'm awaiting this, have yet to see one in the flesh. I'm leaning towards the Xperia Z. I will wait for the Galaxy S4, though I feel I won't purchase one.

I like the look of the Xperia Z, but the opinions on the screen are hit and miss, and I'm afraid I'd end up getting a dud. I have seen one in the flesh and found it to be pretty nice. One issue that I did have was the minimal lag, I am picky when it comes to lag.

Damn! I'll be watching the thread over at XDA very closely. If HTC can't sort out their quality control and learned their lessons from the HOX and HOS debacle of last year, they deserve to go bankrupt and fade into obscurity.

If my One turns up like that I'm straight on the phone and am going to demand a refund. We'll just have to wait and see in what conditions other owners get their One in.

So not impressed.

Damn! I'll be watching the thread over at XDA very closely. If HTC can't sort out their quality control and learned their lessons from the HOX and HOS debacle of last year, they deserve to go bankrupt and fade into obscurity.

If my One turns up like that I'm straight on the phone and am going to demand a refund. We'll just have to wait and see in what conditions other owners get their One in.

So not impressed.

Not impressed with one picture which may have been created by a guy with an agenda on the net?

Calm down dear...

One of the users over at XDA posted the following with pics

"I played with it more this time around. It really is solid feeling all around. No build issues I could find.

This one is behind on software, there was no option to remap the back button to be the menu with long hold. So it had the cwappy space wasting menu bar at the bottom of the screen.
"

htconec_zps956ddf08.jpg

htconeb_zps69e2e3c5.jpg

htcone_zps4134d742.jpg

why are you so defensive? calm down lol.. its normal for people to have an opinion! QA is really important and HTC has failed on this before(chipping issues on HOS)

Couldn't said it better myself grudas :D Cheers

I've been through 3 HOX's each of which were poorly built, I gave up with that phone, then I had 5(!) HOS's before I got one that didn't have the chipping issue.

It got to the point at CPW that when they saw me walk into the store they automatically went to the stock room and got another replacement out. :eek:

So I'm quite within my right to show some concern, if the One ends up being fine build quality wise then great, if not I will speak out about it and if certain people don't like it....TOUGH!

Whereas the first One X I got was perfect and has been since I got it when they first came out.

It's all down to QC, some people get lucky and some dont.

Look at the iphone 5 that has been plagued with QC issues as well. Who would've thought that a company like Apple would suffer from a problem like that?

This one is behind on software, there was no option to remap the back button to be the menu with long hold. So it had the cwappy space wasting menu bar at the bottom of the screen. [/I]"

*sigh*

WTF?!?! Why was everyone and even HTC saying that there was an option then!!?!? Hope that guy is wrong/blind!

Not looking good so far.....

- chipping out of the box
- delay until May due to shortage

Might as well just throw in the towel now :(

Hopefully as kona said, it is just a "one" of or bad batch and there will be plenty of stock. Just have to wait and see.......

Saying that I got my one S pretty much as soon as it came out and don't have any problems with the chipping except the USB port, although that changed a few weeks ago when I dropped it onto concrete :o :(

EDIT:

Oh wait, think when he says "behind on software", does he mean "old/beta software" in which case there is/will be that tweak in the new update/software??

Last edited:
*sigh*

WTF?!?! Why was everyone and even HTC saying that there was an option then!!?!? Hope that guy is wrong/blind!

Not looking good so far.....

- chipping out of the box
- delay until May due to shortage

Might as well just throw in the towel now :(

Hopefully as kona said, it is just a "one" of or bad batch and there will be plenty of stock. Just have to wait and see.......

Saying that I got my one S pretty much as soon as it came out and don't have any problems with the chipping except the USB port, although that changed a few weeks ago when I dropped it onto concrete :o :(

EDIT:

Oh wait, think when he says "behind on software", does he mean "old/beta software" in which case there is/will be that tweak in the new update/software??

No one knows if the chap has a retail version of the phone or in what context he is talking about software wise.

If all the above prove to be true then what have HTC learned? They blow a hell of a lot of hot air, each year coming out with different statements.

Last year was "We released too many phones and the end consumer got confused with the amount of choice." ----

Enter the One series but look at how many variants of certain models were released, granted they were for different markets

One X
One X+
One ST
One SC
One SV
One SU
Desire X
Desire VT
Desire VC
Desire V
Desire C

and then there's the different DNA / Butterfly combinations. Sigh :eek:

This year HTC then state again that we've learnt from our previous mistakes and will bring out just one flagship phone but then that's seemingly gone out the window with chipping issues (why oh why didn't you learn from the HOS debacle of last year HTC?)

And now perceived delayed production until May?

Get a grip HTC...if you want to challenge the likes of Apple and Samsung then get your **** together.

Bring out your phones in a timely manner, don't flood the market with various versions of your phones, then don't whatever you do bring out an updated version of your flagship phone within months of the original coming out.

No wonder people are buying Samsung phones in their droves.

I really want HTC to succeed and really have a success on their hands with the HTC One, but if they keep making mistakes and don't learn from the past then don't be surprised if HTC are no more further down the line.

Last edited:
There's a few Germany customers got their phones at XDA..... They are reported to be fine.

Don't believe all you see on the net, it's full of headbangers with an agenda.

Back
Top Bottom