***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

Soldato
First impressions of 10 mins in store with both phones.

S2:

Incredibly light, truly incredible form factor
Extra 256mb ram gives it a little extra snap
Screen is a little garish in terms of contrast and not actually as bright either (could be the dimming software though)

Sensation:
Lovely resolution
Feels weighty- good or bad depending on what you prefer
Sensation software is great
Little less snap than s2 because of less ram

Basically, if the s2 came with the sensation’s screen you would have a winner.

I am erring towards S2 because it was SO light and SO thin and felt a little smoother than HTC.
Sensation software is really nice and the extra resolution on htc is special.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The S2 has 3 colour modes and 2 brightness modes to adjust, I would hazard a bet someone has been fiddling in teh store with it because there's no sense of garishness in its output at all. The vibrancy isn't as pronounced as the Desire but it's still very vibrant.

Soldato
The S2 has 3 colour modes and 2 brightness modes to adjust, I would hazard a bet someone has been fiddling in teh store with it because there's no sense of garishness in its output at all. The vibrancy isn't as pronounced as the Desire but it's still very vibrant.

Fair enough

TBH I geniunely dont think anyone would be disappointed with either phone. They are both superb.

Soldato
First impressions of 10 mins in store with both phones.

S2:

Incredibly light, truly incredible form factor
Extra 256mb ram gives it a little extra snap
Screen is a little garish in terms of contrast and not actually as bright either (could be the dimming software though)

Sensation:
Lovely resolution
Feels weighty- good or bad depending on what you prefer
Sensation software is great
Little less snap than s2 because of less ram

Basically, if the s2 came with the sensation’s screen you would have a winner.

I am erring towards S2 because it was SO light and SO thin and felt a little smoother than HTC.
Sensation software is really nice and the extra resolution on htc is special.

I would say that you'll find that the Sensation has plenty of memory. The problem lies in Sense; it's a very heavy interface indeed. Yes, it's great looking and works extremely well, but the performance is terrible.

Scrapped it on my DHD, though will be taking a look at Sense 3.0 ROMs when they are done.

To be honest, all of the speed of all of the phones relies completely on the software, not the hardware; take a look at how smooth the iPhone interface is, with its hardware that is slightly slower than most of the last-gen high end phones.

Associate
I didn't expect the Vodafone store to have any of these in stock, but they did and it was so much better in the hand that the SII that I now own one! Never bought a piece of technology on launch day before... no horror stories yet!

Soldato
Best mate got his yesterday so I got the chance to play with it a bit (will do again in a bit actually!), first impressions are good but coming from a Desire HD I'm obviously not blown away is any differences in high end phones currently are quite marginal when comparing day to day usage.

The video capture has been the most impressive so far at full 1080p which has both recorded and been played back effortlessly, will get a chance to transfer it to a pc and upload a sample video if anyone is interested.

Undecided if this will be my new work phone, it's a toss up between Sensation and the SGS2. A hard decision plenty of people are trying to make no doubt :)

Man of Honour
Looks nice, what I want to see most is if the qHD screen seems better than SAMOLED for many things, I doubt it though.

Soldato
I had a Galaxy S II for a week and I had a play with the sensation the other day.

Galaxy S II is very flimsy compared to the Sensation. As most people will be on 18 or 24 month contracts I think that will be an issue.

Both screens are very impressive. Both phones are very responsive. Sense is a really nice frontend, TouchWiz is pants.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Define very flimsy :p

I twisted my GSII and there's no give, no flex....so flimsy is an incorrect word to use and gives people a bad impression in their mind. The only flimsy thing about it is the battery cover, and only when it's off the phone.

Soldato
I had a Galaxy S II for a week and I had a play with the sensation the other day.

Galaxy S II is very flimsy compared to the Sensation. As most people will be on 18 or 24 month contracts I think that will be an issue.

Both screens are very impressive. Both phones are very responsive. Sense is a really nice frontend, TouchWiz is pants.

Imo the sense animations and transitions have become tacky of late and the RAM in the phone is poor. The S2 is not flimsy at all. It's very well put together and like someone else said, it's solid. I thought the Sensation was going to be actual unibody but the whole back comes off!!

Back
Top Bottom