***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Sorry if it did go a little OT(T) but you have to agree, calling something flimsy when it's not is kind of a false thing to put across!

I also think it's flimsy (but agree there isn't any flex in the device).

Soldato
Anyone know if the Sensation plays MKVs natively?

Nope, no native support for mkvs. Maybe 3rd party players are mature enough to work with snapdragon hardware acceleration?

Anyway, 1080p comparison failed yesterday as I was pre-occupied but tomorrow!

This is a good one... the official Thor trailer (It's a great 'real world' test, thanks to flash not using any video decode hardware yet and the cpu/media processing engine taking the strain :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOddp-nlNvQ

Here's the current standing,

360p = OMAP3630@1Ghz+ (64bit NEON, VFPv3 not pipelined) 480p+ failed with occasional lag. Hummingbird phones too?
480p = Snapdragon@1GHz (128bit NEON, VFPv3 pipelined) 720p failed but it was v.close (slight audio lag etc)
720p = Tegra 2@1GHz+ (No NEON, VFPv3-D16 pipelined) and 45nm Snapdragons, DHD/Arc? etc.
1080p(?) = Does the SGS2 play it smoothly? [email protected] (64bit NEON, VFPv3-D16 pipelined)

Either the sensation will have identical performance to the DHD/Arc @ 720p (using one core only) or it'll play 1080p amazingly well...

Soldato
Nope, no native support for mkvs. Maybe 3rd party players are mature enough to work with snapdragon hardware acceleration?

This is a good one... the official Thor trailer (It's a great 'real world' test, thanks to flash not using any video decode hardware yet and the cpu/media processing engine taking the strain :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOddp-nlNvQ

Here's the current standing,

360p = OMAP3630@1Ghz+ (64bit NEON, VFPv3 not pipelined) 480p+ failed with occasional lag. Hummingbird phones too?
480p = Snapdragon@1GHz (128bit NEON, VFPv3 pipelined) 720p failed but it was v.close (slight audio lag etc)
720p = Tegra 2@1GHz+ (No NEON, VFPv3-D16 pipelined) and 45nm Snapdragons, DHD/Arc? etc.
1080p(?) = Does the SGS2 play it smoothly? [email protected] (64bit NEON, VFPv3-D16 pipelined)

Either the sensation will have identical performance to the DHD/Arc @ 720p (using one core only) or it'll play 1080p amazingly well...

The SGS2 plays that vid in the standard browser with a very slight audio lag @ 1080p. Video is pretty smooth tho.

Soldato
Cant get an SD card to slot in, it just pings out again.... :confused:

Surely its just slot in and push in to eject? .. but mine just goes in "so far" and just hangs out...
Mine went in fine. :)

Camera lens issue?
On Vodafone forums there's a thread about someone getting his Sensation returned because there isn't a piece of glass over the lens that is flush with the surrounding of the lens. There's apparently a gap where you can stick a little finger or something like that apparently. Not sure if its meant to be like that or not. Might ring Vodafone in the week and check. I'm also not sure why the whole phone has to be returned, surely a new case back can be sent out. Far easier and cheaper to fix than to return a whole phone.

Soldato
On Vodafone forums there's a thread about someone getting his Sensation returned because there isn't a piece of glass over the lens that is flush with the surrounding of the lens. There's apparently a gap where you can stick a little finger or something like that apparently. Not sure if its meant to be like that or not. Might ring Vodafone in the week and check. I'm also not sure why the whole phone has to be returned, surely a new case back can be sent out. Far easier and cheaper to fix than to return a whole phone.

Mine hasnt got any glass on either lol, im getting a replacement on Tuesday anyway as Vodafone said it sounds like mine is faulty with the SD card issue

Soldato
Mine hasnt got any glass on either lol, im getting a replacement on Tuesday anyway as Vodafone said it sounds like mine is faulty with the SD card issue
Can you upload a pic of the back of your Sensation? There is some glass on mine but its recessed within the camera hole. There's nothing to make the surface flush with the surround. I don't want to ask Vodafone for a new back cover, or even a new Sensation, if my phone is all OK, especially as my SD card is in OK. :)

Back
Top Bottom