***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

Man of Honour
Had a good play with both SGS II and the Sensation on Saturday. Both excellent phones but the Sensation really felt more subtanstial. It felt like it was really nicely made. By contrasy the Galaxy, whilst not feeling like it was going to fall to bits, didn't quite feel the same as the Sensation. it was usefully lighter, though. Perhaps its the weight that does it - the Sensation feels weighty and reassuring.

Think I prefer the Sensation - Sense was lovely.

Don't like the idea of a £35 a month contract, mind. Are there any better deals out there? Voda want £35 a month for 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 750mb of internet with £100 back through Quidco. I dont need more than 250 minutes...

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
One thing that does annoy me with HTC is why they still have a miniscule amount of storage space for apps? The entire Sensation has 1GB of internal storage so this will be shared between the system, apps and app data (which is constantly growing the more you use apps which is why phones like the Desire run out of space quickly if you don't employ an A2SD solution or play with HBOOTs that give more internal room).

Anyone able to check with Quick System Info how much internal storage is available? The GS II has 1.97GB dedicated to apps for comparison.

Soldato
On Vodafone forums there's a thread about someone getting his Sensation returned because there isn't a piece of glass over the lens that is flush with the surrounding of the lens. There's apparently a gap where you can stick a little finger or something like that apparently. Not sure if its meant to be like that or not. Might ring Vodafone in the week and check. I'm also not sure why the whole phone has to be returned, surely a new case back can be sent out. Far easier and cheaper to fix than to return a whole phone.

The lack of lens isn't an issue. The camera has a lens cover, but it is recessed into the phone. Confirmed on the forums by Vodafone via their HTC representative.

Soldato
Yeah I know but it still works and if all the phones do it then its fair right I guess? tbh phones are pretty close to a desktop experience nowadays anyway. My Orange San Fran got a measly 159, GS2 got 991.

Soldato
This is a good one... the official Thor trailer (It's a great 'real world' test, thanks to flash not using any video decode hardware yet and the cpu/media processing engine taking the strain :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOddp-nlNvQ

Here's the current standing,

360p = OMAP3630@1Ghz+ (64bit NEON, VFPv3 not pipelined) 480p+ failed with occasional lag. Hummingbird phones too?
480p = Snapdragon@1GHz (128bit NEON, VFPv3 pipelined) 720p failed but it was v.close (slight audio lag etc)
720p = Tegra 2@1GHz+ (No NEON, VFPv3-D16 pipelined) and 45nm Snapdragons, DHD/Arc? etc.
1080p(?) = Does the SGS2 play it smoothly? [email protected] (64bit NEON, VFPv3-D16 pipelined)

Either the sensation will have identical performance to the DHD/Arc @ 720p (using one core only) or it'll play 1080p amazingly well...

I tried playing this on my Sensation.

1080p was VERY jittery. This is playing it in desktop Youtube on the Android browser.

720p is looooooveeeely and smoooooth :D

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;19208775 said:
Hmmm, nothing seems to rival the Quidco deal with Vodafone :(

Well, when all the networks and companies have it, there will probably be better deals.

For example, you can get the SGS2 for £25 per month over 18 months and £40 cashback, which is a superb deal. The minutes and texts aren't that high but plenty for most people. (Here)

I see it expired now but thats just an example of the kind of thing you can hopefully expect.

Soldato
I tried playing this on my Sensation.

1080p was VERY jittery. This is playing it in desktop Youtube on the Android browser.

720p is looooooveeeely and smoooooth :D

Cheers! Looks like the standard browser (and flash?) is currently using one core only then, no doubt it'll be optimized for battery killing 1080p soon :D

Associate
[TW]Fox;19208775 said:
Hmmm, nothing seems to rival the Quidco deal with Vodafone :(

Are you serious? Did you use a calculator? ;)

None of the Vodafone contracts are anywere near the T-Mobile Contract/s on buymobilephones.net

Over £100 cheaper overall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom