***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

the more i read up on it the more im doubting it...

led notifs are reportedly crap (Big issue for me, coming from trackball notifications)
other user gripes over at xda.

im just not 100% on either phone and coming from an n1 it doesnt seem that much of a leap forward. Urgh!

the more i read up on it the more im doubting it...

led notifs are reportedly crap (Big issue for me, coming from trackball notifications)
other user gripes over at xda.

im just not 100% on either phone and coming from an n1 it doesnt seem that much of a leap forward. Urgh!

It's a huge leap forward from an N1. Screen quality & size , speed, video support and camera are just a few primary things people look for and both Sensation and GSII excel in those areas with the GS II going a bit further with its form factor and multimedia formats supported.

The Desire (which is exactly the same spec as the N1) feels rubbish in use and design every time I pick it up and use it (I have a 2nd Desire kicking around).

I don't miss trackball notifications though as my HTC Magic had that, audio notifications are fine enough, I don't use chimes or whatever, just various blips and bleeps at different pitches to denote sms/email/gtalk etc.

Cool that's my decision made now then. I just can't get over my perception of Samsungs built quality. Not helped by the fact my father in law works in a repair place doing their warranty work on cameras, so I get to here how good they actually are.

Cool that's my decision made now then. I just can't get over my perception of Samsungs built quality. Not helped by the fact my father in law works in a repair place doing their warranty work on cameras, so I get to here how good they actually are.

The camera and video is better on the gs2.

Engadget made the interesting point that the comment sounds almost pointed towards future devices, but they'd be insane surely to not retroactively apply it?

Although how easy is it to retroactively apply it, with Kies Samsung could do it fairy easily I believe but can you realistically do an OTA update that flashes a new bootloader?

I can't see them leaving it locked on the Sensation and unlocking it on there next phone it would be suicide, am sure with just a OTA update they can get around that problem.

You need to remember, the Sensation hasn't been released anywhere else guys. It's only on Vodafone. So, currently, for most of the world, it is still an unreleased device. Someone had an email from Peter Chou (CEO of HTC) over at xda, and he said the EVO 3D will be unlocked. So, they could push an OTA for the Sensation with the unlocked bootloader.

More information is coming, but really, I think they would be a bit silly to not unlock the Sensation. It is their current flagship device (that and the EVO 3D). If the EVO 3D is getting unlocked, I think we might see it on the Sensation too. I certainly hope so!

I don't understand why they did it. Part of why they exploded from making branded phones to being their own brand is due to the crazy mental support from XDA-Devs.

Apparently networks were putting the pressure on. Certainly if they can be fully unlocked I'd get one cheaper on payg, then use it on the carrier of my choice.

Went into Vodafone to get the SG2 seeing the consensus was that it was the better phone but liked the build quality and feel of the sensation. Should hopefully be in store for me in a couple of days and I cant wait!!

Didn't notice any lag on the store molested version but time will tell.

A well needed thread bump for what is still a very good phone :p

Back
Top Bottom