***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

Soldato
Getting mine May 20th :):cool:

vbdwq.gif

Soldato
Getting mine May 20th :):cool:
How, man? How? :) Would love a Sensation but Vodafone haven't got it on their site nor have Mobiles.co.uk. My contract ends 11th May so the sooner I can get the Sensation the better!

Could you please tell me what network you're getting your Sensation on and whether you dealt with the network direct or a third party?

Soldato
How, man? How? :) Would love a Sensation but Vodafone haven't got it on their site nor have Mobiles.co.uk. My contract ends 11th May so the sooner I can get the Sensation the better!

Could you please tell me what network you're getting your Sensation on and whether you dealt with the network direct or a third party?
Directly with o2, been with them for almost ten years.

Man of Honour
I think Tank means he's going to get it when it comes out, as far as I know you cant order it from anywhere yet, and his guess is a bit off the mark :p

Soldato
o2 said to me over the phone that I was due an upgrade on the 18th of May and they were getting the HTC Sensation in stock on the 20th and to ring them back then to place an order, I guess the lady on the other end of the phone dropped a testical then, don't shoot the messenger girls. Anyway I thought the HTC Sensation was exclusive to Vodafone for the first two weeks only in May?

I'll ring them again tomorrow to confirm if someone has dropped a testical.:(

Last edited:
Soldato
I have to admit that the Sensation does look nicer in terms of the style of the phone and that Sense is better than TouchWiz. However I know that I will probably end up putting a stock Android ROM on there and that the Samsung hardware is a lot better, which is what made me choose that phone.

Soldato
Just pre-ordered the Sensation on Vodafone on a 24 month contract at £35 a month. Phone is free. I get 900 minutes and 3000 texts. I'm coming to the end of an 18 month contract with my Magic on Vodafone also costing £35. I think I get 600 minutes and quite a few texts on that. I go from 500MB data to 750MB.

The 750MB data and the fact that the phone was free on a £35 a month contract are why I went for that contract. I could have paid less per month, and got fewer minutes and a lower data allowance but those plans meant the phone cost either £99 or £199 so I didn't bother with those.

Vodafone's site is saying they hope to deliver by 19th May when you select the Sensation but when I was in the order payment pages I was told they hope to deliver from the 16th. So hopefully sometime between the 16th and 19th of May I should get my Sensation delivered. :)

Soldato
Going to order this today hopefully.

Was going to go for the £35 @ 24 month deal (free phone) which would end up at £840.

Since I'm on a SIM only deal at the moment (my Magic contract finished a couple of months ago) I can get it for £20 a month for 24 months, but have to pay £176.10 for the phone. This would end up costing me £656.10 over the 2 years, which nets down to £27.34 a month.

I'm thinking of going for the 2nd option, although I don't like to 'pay' for a phone. I prefer getting the phone 'free', even though the price of the handset is factored into the monthly price plan. It still makes me feel better. So, I'm kinda confused. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom