***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

Soldato
Man of Honour
Is it stupid that I kind of want to buy one of these, even though I think the Galaxy S II is better? :( :/

I could use both, for err... some stuff! :p

Caporegime
I know you can mod them to what ever you want, I used to do it all the time but now I just want it to be what I want out the box, whats wrong with HTC hardware?

For me, unexciting and overly functional styling (despite generally solid build quality) and crap cameras compared to other big brands.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
As far as I can tell the Galaxy S II is thinner.

Thinner, lighter, AMOLED screen, higher quality screen, Corning Gorilla Glass, no backlight bleed (obviously), better phone design, non locked bootloader, source code freely available so now the possibilities are endless, etc!

Associate
Thinner, lighter, AMOLED screen, higher quality screen, Corning Gorilla Glass, no backlight bleed (obviously), better phone design, non locked bootloader, source code freely available so now the possibilities are endless, etc!

You like the samsung then? ;)

Phone design is a personal thing!
Things like bootloader etc aren't really an issue with HTC devices either though are they? If you know were to look!
Can't comment on screen bleed as its not out yet!
Sensation also has Gorilla Glass & Higher Res Screen!
No AMOLED but unless things have improved they are useless in bright light!

Really down to personal preference!

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I was hoping HTC would have kept up the pace a little, yeah the 1080p in the camera looks great, comparable to the SGSII but with zooming!! but if it isn't AMOLED it isn't in my hands :p

AMOLED = Spoiling you majorly :p

I imagine it will be very difficult to get custom ROMs on it too due to HTC's locking down methods of late so I wouldn't expect them to out the source code any time soon (if it all)....who knows.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hopefully yeah but currently there's no confirmation! Paul @ Modaco said the bootloader security remains unchanged from current strategies so so far no good :( CM Team haven't even been able to do anything yet and as mentioned on XDA, if they can't then who can!?!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1033635&page=3

The only reason that some recent HTC phones were unlocked was because HTC accidentally released some as S-OFF or some employee handsets got out it seems...

Samsung have confirmed unlocked bootloaders for all future phones by comparison.

I think HTC had their good run, and a good run it certainly was!

Associate
Do you think that Sense 3.0 will get converted for the SGS2? I actually like the look of the Samsung but just thing the UI is a bit pants. Screen Resolution also making me think twice, coming from an iPhone 4!

Back
Top Bottom