***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

Man of Honour
Do you always like to purposefully twist everything some people say whenever you feel it is convenient? I answered a gripe that DreXeL had with his phone with accurate information, for a person like yourself who thrives on giving people accurate information it's quite sad to see you of all people post something like that, nowhere in my post does it say anything along the lines of what you're insinuating.

I've had several Android phones before, have any of them ever been the smoothest phones, as smooth as an iPhone? certainly not, and nobody ever claimed as such.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;20357218 said:
Can't say I've noticed any slowdowns.

I'm not talking about actual slowdowns, the phone is very snappy and responsive, I'm talking about general 'smoothness' and 'slickness' of scrolling and the UI in general.

iOS is butter smooth in comparison, even on my aging 3GS.

Still, It's a minor quibble, and I've installed SPB shell 3D because I'm a sucker for eye-candy. Now that is slick and silky smooth :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fair, Sense is quite bloated and does suffer from the odd judder and stuff. Go the whole hog and root/s-off the phone, then try CM7 (Still in Alpha for the Sensation so not quite 100% yet, but pretty close imo) it's incredibly quick then. Even some of the custom Sense roms are a little snappier than stock.

Permabanned
I'm not talking about actual slowdowns, the phone is very snappy and responsive, I'm talking about general 'smoothness' and 'slickness' of scrolling and the UI in general.

iOS is butter smooth in comparison, even on my aging 3GS.

Yes it's because the Sensation doesn't use hardware acceleration (as previously mentioned by mrk) and this affects the smoothness.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I've just ordered the HTC Sensation XE, slightly faster processor, better battery life and Beats by Dre audio + headphones!

I've had one for around a week now, over all I really like the phone, it looks great with it's red detailing and the included earphones do sound great. I'm still finding the the whole user experience fairly clunky compared to iOS though :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had one for around a week now, over all I really like the phone, it looks great with It's red detailing and the included earphones do sound great. I'm still finding the the whole user experience fairly clunky compared to iOS though :(

What do you find clunky out of interest?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Lag isn't really a problem, I haven't really noticed any slowness or lagging as such. It's just general 'slickness'. Hopefully ICS will be a big improvement :)

Soldato
I've had one for around a week now, over all I really like the phone, it looks great with it's red detailing and the included earphones do sound great. I'm still finding the the whole user experience fairly clunky compared to iOS though :(

I'm coming from a Desire Z with Gingerbread, so I know the OS well.

Just out of curiosity what sort of battery life are you getting from it?

Permabanned
GPU UI acceleration. I'll definitely give it a go :)

I thought the menus seemed really smooth BIG BIG difference. Is GPU UI acceleration on the normal Sensation XE?

Amazing, I've bought a new normal Sensation off ebay for £275.

It's now a Sensation XE @1.5ghz . Just done a price look up and the cheapest store is selling them at £427.

Also sold my Desire for £130. Really happy :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom