***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Do you think that Sense 3.0 will get converted for the SGS2? I actually like the look of the Samsung but just thing the UI is a bit pants. Screen Resolution also making me think twice, coming from an iPhone 4!

Screen resolution doesn't make that much (if any) difference in actual use between both phones. I was worried first about it (like many) but it's completely a non issue when you see the samoled+ screen :p
I do like the fact that the Sensation camcorder records stereo audio though.

Associate
I dunno I have had phones with the same res as the SGS2 and the iPhone is in another league! I hate to say that as I really don't like apple!

I can't really comment on the AMOLED side of it, but surely brightness can't make up for lack of pixels 100%

Associate
Where are the previews, of prototypes maybe? It's gonna be released in a little over a week, I think, and not a peep from blog and review sites? The only thing I found was this short video by technobuffalo at the gdgt show that didn't really say or show that much, least of which any first-hand impressions, since they never got to touch it. There was also that video comparing the video capture to the G2x, but not very definitive or reliable. I'm not feeling the buzz that should surround an HTC flagship release.

Soldato
I dunno I have had phones with the same res as the SGS2 and the iPhone is in another league! I hate to say that as I really don't like apple!

I can't really comment on the AMOLED side of it, but surely brightness can't make up for lack of pixels 100%

It doesn't, I'm no Apple fan but the iPhone 4 screen really is out of this world.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You haven't seen the SGS II though so all those other phones are irrelevant :p

It really is not that much of a difference, the iPhone 4 screen is more detailed yep but it's a smaller screen so things should look sharper anyway, just not as vibrant or clear as a 4.3" AMOLED.

Associate
No I haven't seen it your right, and yes I bet it is more vibrant but clearer I doubt, its all down to pixel density 326 for the iPhone and 233 for the SGS2. Its a big difference and the larger screen will not help either. I'm sure it doesn't look bad or anything and the AMOLED will help but for pure clarity I doubt the samsung will win.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not some apple fan boy! I just think samsung could have upped the res for the S2!

Man of Honour
I will hopefully do that the next time I am near a phone shop! ;) I really hope I am wrong!

The Galaxy S II screen is fantastic but it isn't as sharp as the iPhone 4 screen.

You have to actually go looking for pixels to see them, they aren't noticeable really in general use. Obviously on the iPhone, you can't see them no matter how hard you look.

Having said that, on the whole it is better. Its also bigger, which is a big deal.

It will be interesting to see just how the Sensation is, I know that the Galaxy S II is better but a part of me thinks there must be something HTC have done that will put the Sensation right up next to it.

We'll see :p

Associate
The Galaxy S II screen is fantastic but it isn't as sharp as the iPhone 4 screen.

You have to actually go looking for pixels to see them, they aren't noticeable really in general use. Obviously on the iPhone, you can't see them no matter how hard you look.

Having said that, on the whole it is better. Its also bigger, which is a big deal.

It will be interesting to see just how the Sensation is, I know that the Galaxy S II is better but a part of me thinks there must be something HTC have done that will put the Sensation right up next to it.

We'll see :p

I know what you mean, I do respect the specs of the SGS2 but my heart still wants to wait for the Sensation & hope its better, I am even considering the Evo 3D if it does come to the UK although I don't like the look of it as much, the 3D is making me think twice! :confused:

Soldato
part of me thinks there must be something HTC have done that will put the Sensation right up next to it.
mokia8015.jpg

Caporegime
I know what you mean, I do respect the specs of the SGS2 but my heart still wants to wait for the Sensation & hope its better, I am even considering the Evo 3D if it does come to the UK although I don't like the look of it as much, the 3D is making me think twice! :confused:

I dont understand why you are hoping its better... both the specs are known and publically available, the Galaxy II is better in pretty much every respect possibly barring build quality I would imagine (also yet to be seen, but Samsungs are generally more plasticky). As for the Evo 3D, time will tell. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom