**** The Official Huawei Mate 20/Mate 20 Pro Thread ****

Caporegime
Very strange that amazon won't accept any reviews on it at the moment.

qAWD3G6.png

Doesn't appear to be stocked by amazon any more either. Has anyone had any news about their pre orders? It seemed EE didn't even know when stock was in.

Soldato
Be careful, I got this message trying to review the Note 9. I assumed, as the message says, there was an issue with the device on their system. I found I could still leave a review for the international version, so I did and then within about 24 hours I was banned from reviewing anything on Amazon ever again... all my reviews were removed... :(

Caporegime
I was looking at the reviews and wondered why there had been no mention of the issues, so I tried to leave one myself just to see and I got the above.

Won't be trusting Huawei again tbh, from shipping out phones with new firmware to reviewers and then lumbering people with outdated software and slow updates, and the whole screen issue.

Soldato
Be careful, I got this message trying to review the Note 9. I assumed, as the message says, there was an issue with the device on their system. I found I could still leave a review for the international version, so I did and then within about 24 hours I was banned from reviewing anything on Amazon ever again... all my reviews were removed... :(
Just shows how corrupt big business is...

Associate
Where hell is the mate 20x ? I was really interested in the stylus aspect.... are there any other good new phones that can have a stylus for drawing recommendations?

Soldato
I wanted to like this phone, however I too have conceded. Just too many bugs and quirks with the software, can't be dealing with that. EE have been great providing quick replacements and short wait times on the phone.

I'll be going for the 3XL as originally planned.

Soldato
I wanted to like this phone, however I too have conceded. Just too many bugs and quirks with the software, can't be dealing with that. EE have been great providing quick replacements and short wait times on the phone.

I'll be going for the 3XL as originally planned.

You still getting a decent deal on the 3XL?

Associate
My mate 20 pro is meant to turn up from EE tomorrow... thrid time lucky? But after reading this this thread im not sure if i want to swap fro m the note 8 to the mate 20 pro?

ideally someone over here would have offered up the mate 20x, but im not prepared to take a risk on buying that outright from abroad, glad i didn't now due to these problems from huwaei.

Anyone enjoying the handset? might be an idea to have a pole on the thread to see how many have given up and returned the device.

Associate
just had a quick look on xda a lot of the moaning seems to be where people are trying to use a launcher rather than how the phone was intended. Which makes sense seems as though EMUI is fair new with regards to market share and most launchers might not cater for it yet.

im assuming if you use the device in its stock state it will most likley work as intended?

Associate
just had a quick look on xda a lot of the moaning seems to be where people are trying to use a launcher rather than how the phone was intended. Which makes sense seems as though EMUI is fair new with regards to market share and most launchers might not cater for it yet.

im assuming if you use the device in its stock state it will most likley work as intended?

The stock launcher is awful.

Associate
oh really :( i was hoping that it was more stock android than the Samsung experience.
After the standard google/ nexus experience my next preference is Motorola as they seem to be very vanilla android. Ihave just not been able to get along with Samsung and having two app stores and two main accounts...

Soldato

Bar the gestures navigation not working as it should, a 3rd party launcher should not be causing the camera app to crash nor other apps crashing or closing randomly in general. Also I went to check the imei via the dialer and the phone screen just went all fuzzy requiring a reboot. These are just a couple of examples of the poor software.

Back
Top Bottom