*** The official iOS 6 thread ***

Ha! I've just discovered that my village (Twyford, Berkshire) doesn't exist in the maps app and instead, I now live in Wargrave...... a village about 3 miles north of Twyford.

I can't believe just how bad the mapping data is.

If I could delete apple map app, I would, it's a waste of space.

20 years old edition of maps printed on paper is more accurate than this.

Indeed, I'm certainly not impressed and it seem neither are most people here.

Also have to say Passbook has to be the single most useless app I've ever seen, I mean there is nothing you can do with it at all (in the UK at least) unless you happen to fly with Lufthansa. And really how many people fly so often, let alone with that particular airline, that something like this could be considered worthwhile. And the few things I've looked into regarding Passbook support (such as Nectar) have no plans to support it either. Even in the US the number of organisations offering support for it is poor. I really do wish Apple would give people the ability to remove bundled apps that they don't use, or even better make all the apps apart from the very basic ones optional downloads like iBooks/Find My Friends etc are.

If I could delete apple map app, I would, it's a waste of space.

20 years old edition of maps printed on paper is more accurate than this.

Yeah it's terrible :( Really disappointing...

I hope they continue to get slated in the press and we get an actual response from them!

Yeah it's terrible :( Really disappointing...

I hope they continue to get slated in the press and we get an actual response from them!

I hope it actually gets them to think maybe we should bring back Google on this, not that I think it's going to happen.

They did it with the YouTube app, let Google develop their own version.
It's not like 99.9% of the user base doesn't use maps, one of most used apps on any platform is rubbish on one platform because of Apple's decision to ditch Google.

This is definitely not what Apple wanted just when the new phone is about to come out, a new phone with one of the most used apps being rendered useless compared to the competition? :o

I've lost personal hotspot on my 4s, anyone know if we can revert back to 5.1.1, really need this. Unable to post a tickit with Apple, looks like a total **** up to me

surely Apple would have had feedback during the beta that the map app is naff ?

it seems a daft thing to do - to get such bad press the day before an excellent product is released ...

not sure why they'd do it

if I was google - I'd put google maps up for £10 on the app store

or with-hold it till after Christmas

I hope it actually gets them to think maybe we should bring back Google on this, not that I think it's going to happen.

They did it with the YouTube app, let Google develop their own version.
It's not like 99.9% of the user base doesn't use maps, one of most used apps on any platform is rubbish on one platform because of Apple's decision to ditch Google.

This is definitely not what Apple wanted just when the new phone is about to come out, a new phone with one of the most used apps being rendered useless compared to the competition? :o

I can guarantee they won't go be going back to Google Maps - the most they'll do is allow Google to have their maps app on the App Store.

Crapple Maps is like Siri all over again - ****.

At least with Siri they have the sense to have the word BETA next to it on their website.

I consider maps to be a fundamental app on the iPhone and the fact they have got it so wrong, for a company that has so much money to invest in a decent offering, is laughable.

So disappointed, I really am.

Siri + Map Data

6O7N3Z5.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom