*** The Official iOS and iPadOS 18 Thread ***

Does anyone know if the music playback via the onboard speakers on Apple Watch is a generic watchOS feature or is it unique to only the latest models (series 10 and Ultra 2?)

So I gather the beta build is the version that will be released next week?

If I installed on my iPhone 15pro, can I leave the beta program straight after?

I have had the tvOS beta for a while just didn’t bother with iOS, but thinking of trying it if it’s the final version.

With this new AI stuff, do I need to have Siri enabled?

I have Siri disabled at the moment, as didn’t really use it, but I want to try the Ai stuff out.

I gather it’s a later update to ios18 as well.

Last edited:
With this new AI stuff, do I need to have Siri enabled?

I have Siri disabled at the moment, as didn’t really use it, but I want to try the Ai stuff out.

I gather it’s a later update to ios18 as well.
AI will be in 18.1 but you'll have to switch language to US I believe.

18.0 on my iPhone 14 Pro has got no real issues. Battery life is fine and the phone is snappy (for now). My only gripe is with the absolute disaster that is Control Centre. I had a bad experience when I installed the Dev Beta on my M2 iPad Air and little has changed. Hard to describe but I've got Home icons in the first page for my Homekit stuff - half the time they magically go missing, most likely when I leave my home (and move away from the homekit hub, my apple tv) but this is a theory I am about to test in an hour.

Certain icons magically resize themselves or auto arrange and fling themselves where they shouldn't be. It is a very frustrating, un-apple like experience.

AI will be in 18.1 but you'll have to switch language to US I believe.

18.0 on my iPhone 14 Pro has got no real issues. Battery life is fine and the phone is snappy (for now). My only gripe is with the absolute disaster that is Control Centre. I had a bad experience when I installed the Dev Beta on my M2 iPad Air and little has changed. Hard to describe but I've got Home icons in the first page for my Homekit stuff - half the time they magically go missing, most likely when I leave my home (and move away from the homekit hub, my apple tv) but this is a theory I am about to test in an hour.

Certain icons magically resize themselves or auto arrange and fling themselves where they shouldn't be. It is a very frustrating, un-apple like experience.

Thanks I might try it on my iPad Pro, but leave my iPhone for the official release.

Hopefully this comes out on Monday. Looking forward to trying out all the new features. I haven't installed any of the betas.
It'll be 6pm Monday. If you're impatient, you could jump on the public beta and get the RC version now :p it will very likely be the version that's released to the general public.

Back
Top Bottom