• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
It may report 100% but it can't really be can it?

I mean the phone must be checking for the network, messages, emails coming in etc. which has to be using something however good the power saving is right?
That’s just sitting idle, no apps in use. It’ll stay on 100% battery for up to 2 hours.

Soldato
Throughout the day the iPhone 12 lasted longer, also the Pixel lost battery when idle. Taking the 4 XL off charge at 5am and not using it until 7am, it would have lost 10% just being idle where as the iPhone 12 would still be at 100%.

It completely blew my P4XL away. It easily lasts twice as long with the same usage I subjected them both to and that’s not a joke. I used to be really pro Pixel in the past and thought that iPhones were a joke but right now as it stands there is no way I’d go back.

Associate
My iPhone 12 mini is on 32% battery with 8h 48m screen on time, is this considered pretty good or ?

I think that's pretty good for the size of the battery. I currently have a p20 pro and I never have to charge during the day, but it has a large capacity battery.

Associate
Throughout the day the iPhone 12 lasted longer, also the Pixel lost battery when idle. Taking the 4 XL off charge at 5am and not using it until 7am, it would have lost 10% just being idle where as the iPhone 12 would still be at 100%.
That’s good to hear, I hate the idea of having to carry a charge pack with me.

Soldato
I have been mightily impressed with the battery life on my 12. Admittedly with lockdown it has been at home on the WiFi etc but I easily get 2 days from a full charge. What makes it more astounding is that is with a battery that is 1200mah smaller than my previous S20 FE 5G which was ready for a charge at the end of every day.

Soldato
What are the negatives to getting an iPhone from the US to use in the UK?

Im guessing its just the warranty would not cover me in the UK.

Would it be possible to add apple care UK to a US iPhone?

Its quite a big saving so a iPhone 12 64gb in US works out at about £604 or iPhone 12 pro 128gb £728. I have family that can get me one and bring it over here.

Soldato
Warranty applies but if Your phone needs replacing it will usually take 5-7 days as we need to order a replacement

Cant add apple care either

And no consumer rights

Soldato
What are the negatives to getting an iPhone from the US to use in the UK?

Im guessing its just the warranty would not cover me in the UK.

Would it be possible to add apple care UK to a US iPhone?

Its quite a big saving so a iPhone 12 64gb in US works out at about £604 or iPhone 12 pro 128gb £728. I have family that can get me one and bring it over here.

US prices are quoted without tax. You need to factor in another 20% of VAT to pay on import plus any other charges that get added. You also need to make sure you don’t get charged American sales tax from the retailer. In reality the difference is much smaller than it looks.

Soldato
US prices are quoted without tax. You need to factor in another 20% of VAT to pay on import plus any other charges that get added. You also need to make sure you don’t get charged American sales tax from the retailer. In reality the difference is much smaller than it looks.
If family are bringing it over, they could just open it and carry the phone with them and pay nothing.

Soldato
If family are bringing it over, they could just open it and carry the phone with them and pay nothing.
That's illegal of course ;)

In reality no one is doing that because of COVID, generally speaking all but the most essential travel is banned between the UK and the USA.

Yeah it’s family, US citizen, so it shouldn’t be an issue, and traveling between UK,US for work, even if it was boxed doubt they would even question it to be honest but good idea to unbox it, cheers guys. May just get the cheapest 64gb version, instead of the pro.

Associate
Okay, I said I was going to wait for the 13, but just realised that my contract with 3 is up.

I'm going to move to the iPhone Upgrade programme asap, and move to a minimal sim only contract from 3. Problem is... you can't get onto the IUP with the stores still closed. :/

Think I will just go all out for the Pro. Like the idea of the LiDar helping low light shots.

Man of Honour
I'm going to move to the iPhone Upgrade programme asap, and move to a minimal sim only contract from 3. Problem is... you can't get onto the IUP with the stores still closed. :/
I've always found it odd that you can't do it online. I assume it's some physical ID check that's stopping it from happening online. A shame when you can get finance for all sorts with a few clicks.

Soldato
Nice find. Mine was an open box return from an eBay company back in December along with a discount which cost me £640 in the end and I was impressed at that.
Thanks, just got confirmation its arriving tomorrow. Been looking a move from my pixel 2 xl for the last while now.

Whats the best way to move between android to ios?

Back
Top Bottom