• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Caporegime
I've held off on getting an iPhone 12 as frankly my XS does everything that I need, but work have ordered me a phone of my choice so have opted for a 12 Mini, can't wait to see what it's like, I'm usually all about bigger phones but the size doesn't interest me anymore, I want something that I can use easily one handed.

Just get bigger hands.

Soldato
When I'm trying to take pictures of a very close up object, it seems like the iPhone 12 Pro Max can't focus very well and I have to pull the phone back quite a bit to get it to focus. It makes taking macro photos somewhat difficult. Is this normal? Seems like some of the other iPhones have a much smaller focal distance than the 12 pro max

Soldato
When I'm trying to take pictures of a very close up object, it seems like the iPhone 12 Pro Max can't focus very well and I have to pull the phone back quite a bit to get it to focus. It makes taking macro photos somewhat difficult. Is this normal? Seems like some of the other iPhones have a much smaller focal distance than the 12 pro max

I'm pretty sure that that a number of people agree, the 12 Pro Max has a higher minimum focusing distance for close-up shots than the others.

Soldato
Still noticing lots of keyboard click lag in 14.6. Seems to do it more in the browser than anywhere else

have you tried Settings > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary, has helped me in the past with lag on the keyboard input screen. Also are you using any extra keyboards in Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards ?

Soldato
have you tried Settings > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary, has helped me in the past with lag on the keyboard input screen. Also are you using any extra keyboards in Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards ?

I've reset the keyboard dictionary but I do only have 1 keyboard. From earlier on in the thread it does seem to be somewhat of a common issue, it's just weird that it isn't affecting every iphone if it is something that's software related

Associate
Thinking of coming back to Apple yet again from Samsung and would get the 12 Pro Max as always liked big phones, will ditch the Note 20 ultra as getting fed up with app crashes etc, went back to the 11 Pro Max last year but only kept it for like 6 months, but widgets now has also made me curious again, can't keep on switching though as I'm not made of money and I'm sure my missus is making a voodoo doll of me now

Soldato
At least wait until September for the new one but yes you need to stop switching, that’s nuts! :p

I think I’ve only bought two phones in like nearly 6 years now and the current one has a good few left in it yet (iPhone 6S+ and 11 Pro). My wife still uses the 6S and it’s getting the next iOS update, I just don’t see the point of buying another.

Associate
At least wait until September for the new one but yes you need to stop switching, that’s nuts! :p

I think I’ve only bought two phones in like nearly 6 years now and the current one has a good few left in it yet (iPhone 6S+ and 11 Pro). My wife still uses the 6S and it’s getting the next iOS update, I just don’t see the point of buying another.

It would have to be the 12 Pro Max as I can get that for £35 per month with paying £500 up front due to the sale of my Note 20 Ultra, in an ideal world it would be the 13 Pro Max brought directly from Apple but no chance of that happening.

Man of Honour
Seeing lots of reports today that the mini has gone end of life and production has ceased. Nothing from Apple but plenty of places reporting the same thing.
That's a shame, my mrs loves hers and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one for my mum to replace her SE.

Soldato
I read those reports as "they've stopped production of the Mini 12" - in other words they have already produced as many as they think they'll require until the Mini 13/12S comes out in September. Not that the Mini 12 will be the last Mini (though many places also stating there won't be more than one more version).

Man of Honour
I read those reports as "they've stopped production of the Mini 12" - in other words they have already produced as many as they think they'll require until the Mini 13/12S comes out in September. Not that the Mini 12 will be the last Mini (though many places also stating there won't be more than one more version).
That's a reasonable take to have on it.

Soldato
The previous reports were saying that there will not be a mini 13 due to poor sales hence why this is actually news.

e.g. if you want a mini, buy one.

Back
Top Bottom