Votes: 55 18.8%
  • iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Completed the finance application and trade in paperwork this morning. Going from a 64Gb 8 Plus to a 128Gb Mini, although I’m now experiencing the existential dread of wondering whether I should have gone for the standard 12 instead. :eek:

I mean I’m happy with the 5.5” screen on my 8 Plus, while the screen on the 12 mini is 5.4”, so I shouldn’t notice the difference in screen size. I just like the idea of being able to use my phone one handed again, I find it difficult, nigh on impossible to type on my 8 Plus one handed without nearly dropping it. :eek:

Cant say I’ve ever had that issue and I’ve always used screen protectors on any phone I’ve had.
The one I’m after but for some weird reason says unavailable is the spigen one.
This one here https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08GPB3R9P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Every time it gives me a notification that it’s available, literally within seconds it says not available lol.
Well the one that I mentioned above, which kept giving me notifications that it was in stock then soon as I went to order, it would say out of stock.
This morning got the notification that it is back in stock, quickly went and ordered it lol. Hopefully I get it by Thursday then next week my 12 pro arrives and I can put it on and see how good it is compared to the spigen one I have on my xs currently.

Well the one that I mentioned above, which kept giving me notifications that it was in stock then soon as I went to order, it would say out of stock.
This morning got the notification that it is back in stock, quickly went and ordered it lol. Hopefully I get it by Thursday then next week my 12 pro arrives and I can put it on and see how good it is compared to the spigen one I have on my xs currently.
That one with the full cover at the top and the black borders is the same as I have and it's fantastic. Far better edge coverage all round and the plastic frame to help align it also.

Couple more snaps of the iPhone 12 in white.

DSCF9081.jpg

DSCF9085.jpg

Nudient case and card holder arrived. It's pretty well made, hard plastic with a slight soft touch on the outside and a liner on the inside to protect the phone
Has a metal plate in the back that the card wallet part sticks to not using the iphone magnets
Back camera cover is just higher than the camera units so protected. The front edge is just over about the same height as the glass screen protector
The card holder feels like it has a large magnet the whole size on it. Sticks on very well and takes a bit to take off so no issues with it falling off etc

Sent my 12 pro back today and will grab a mini to try out.

Gone back to my 8 for now and it feels so much nicer, so if the mini is pretty much like that but with more screen estate and better camera I'll be happy. Maybe.

Sent my 12 pro back today and will grab a mini to try out.

Gone back to my 8 for now and it feels so much nicer, so if the mini is pretty much like that but with more screen estate and better camera I'll be happy. Maybe.

What didn’t you like about the pro?

Felt too awkward to hold due to size, was weighty as well, found certain part of my hand was starting to hurt likely due to it.

As much as I like the squared edges to look at, for a larger phone it just made it feel a little awkard in the hand, could really feel the edges digging in.

Now that's all from someone who likes and has always had relatively small phones (iPhone 4, 5s, 8) so for some the above won't be an issue.

But for me just never felt right when used how I use a phone, so decided to try the mini.

The 12 Pro is also super heavy as well, add on a case and it becomes an unwieldy thing. In two minds about mine and thinking of maybe getting the Mini now.

I have always used spigen and had the other one in my basket with the cut out so seen your recommended one and changed it , can always change back further down the line if I don’t like it, now just need to get a case

Back
Top Bottom