Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Associate
Wondering if anyone else has had this .

My wifes iphone 12 pro doesn't seem to be picking up a network , swapped her sim in mine and works fine and my sim in her phone doesn't work no service issue .

I've updated it to latest OS
Reset networks
Switch off for over a hour

Even toggling Airplane mode a few times but nothing ?

Not sure where i stand with his only 9 months old don't have the paid extra apple care on it but assume it has a years warranty on it ?

Thanks

Soldato
Wondering if anyone else has had this .

My wifes iphone 12 pro doesn't seem to be picking up a network , swapped her sim in mine and works fine and my sim in her phone doesn't work no service issue .

I've updated it to latest OS
Reset networks
Switch off for over a hour

Even toggling Airplane mode a few times but nothing ?

Not sure where i stand with his only 9 months old don't have the paid extra apple care on it but assume it has a years warranty on it ?

Thanks

In store we would test the cellular chip and then the antenna -
Assuming either fail, as long as there’s no accidental damage, book in for a repair.

We take then screen and camera off that phone and put it into a new body.
Kinda the same as a swap but more environmentally friendly (although takes 1-2 hrs)

Associate
My iPhone 12 Mini for the past month or so being doing this strange dimming, it's not due to heat as it seems to come and go at random which mainly happens when phone comes out of standby, I've done a full restore & setup as new and was fine for about 3 days then came back again :/.

This is the problem which i'm on about few other seem to be suffering from this as well in this video.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...g-bright.2296991/?post=30016550#post-30016550

Bug or hardware issue?

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah
My iPhone 12 Mini for the past month or so being doing this strange dimming, it's not due to heat as it seems to come and go at random which mainly happens when phone comes out of standby, I've done a full restore & setup as new and was fine for about 3 days then came back again :/.

This is the problem which i'm on about few other seem to be suffering from this as well in this video.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...g-bright.2296991/?post=30016550#post-30016550

Bug or hardware issue?
Looks like a bug with auto brightness?
Try disabling in accessibility settings and see what happens

Associate
Done that tbh I've tried everything to find the root cause of this problem & it keeps popping back up, it is more likely a bug but how long will it take for Apple to acknowledge it before they sort it.

The post was back in May we now August still no fix, & i can't see them fixing anytime soon because it doesn't seem to be a widespread problem.

Last edited:
Associate
Get in touch with Apple right away - I'd use their online chat first. If it's got a fault, they'll sort it.

Thanks for your reply Yes i shall contact them though it's come back on now yesterday afternoon ?

In store we would test the cellular chip and then the antenna -
Assuming either fail, as long as there’s no accidental damage, book in for a repair.

We take then screen and camera off that phone and put it into a new body.
Kinda the same as a swap but more environmentally friendly (although takes 1-2 hrs)

Thanks for your reply might nip in to store depending what live chat says . It came back on yesterday afternoon and seems to be working now ?

Thank you

Soldato
Thanks for your reply Yes i shall contact them though it's come back on now yesterday afternoon ?

Thanks for your reply might nip in to store depending what live chat says . It came back on yesterday afternoon and seems to be working now ?

Thank you

Did you buy it brand new or used? if used, could be someone claiming its been lost/stolen? or someone not paid their bill.

Soldato
Have something weird going on but only in a very specific circumstance. If I'm calling someone that loses signal, my phone decides to disconnect from the network but keeps the Wifi. Weird.

Soldato
Just ordered an iPhone 12, coming from a Galaxy S10+. What can I expect in terms of battery life? My S10+ battery isn't bad but it seems to drain even when not in use.
Standby time is amazing - just typically Apple.
If I really wanted to I could get 2 days out of my 12 but that is with a little restraint, it’s an easy day long phone for sure. The fact that it doesn’t randomly lose 20% some nights for no reason like most Samsungs I’ve had in the past is great.

Soldato
Didn't want to start a new thread so I thought here might be a good place to ask.

I've been an Android users since the iPhone 4 - However, all of my family are on iPhones. I'm therefore wondering what advantages I would have if I switched to an iPhone?

I'm quite tech savvy but don't know all of the iPhone-to-iPhone exclusives other than iMessage, Facetime & AirDrop

Soldato
As a life long Android user (or rather as long as I’ve owned a smartphone) I moved to my first iPhone with the 12 and my only regret is I didn’t do it sooner.
As standalone systems there really aren’t that many advantages or disadvantages with one or the other, most of it comes down to what ecosystem you want to be in - if any.

The couple of standout things with the iPhone is the standby battery life which is just on a different level compare to any Android offering that I’ve used and the App Store. The latter isn’t so much concerned with the range but more with the quality of Apps - Apple lock the store down for good reason.
I got totally fed up trying out apps on Google Play that were just awful or absolutely jam packed full of ads. There may be a bigger selection on Google Play but a lot of it is utter garbage.
Many of the more common apps are just better deigned and optimised for iPhone which makes them a joy to use.

All in all I have yet to encounter a scenario where I’ve said to myself “I wish I still had my Android”.

Soldato
I can’t say I’ve noticed a difference between the quality of iOS and Android apps, though I don’t really go exploring much for hidden gems. Equally, if an app is designed to be ad-supported, it’s going to be chock full of them whichever OS you choose.

Soldato
I'm honestly quite happy with Android and will definitely stick with it if there isn't any iPhone-to-iPhone advantages that will make me want to switch.

If you’re okay with Apple installing software on the actual device you own in order to scan for CSAM*, you’ll be happy with an iPhone.

* - until one government or other orders Apple to scan for other stuff as well.

Soldato
I see you're salty

Yes. I fell for the “what happens on iPhone, stays on iPhone” marketing and now Apple have done something none of the other tech companies (the ones derided for their lack of privacy, like Google) have done…on-device scanning.

I like my iPhone, but I’m not sure I can accept this.

Back
Top Bottom