Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Has anyone gone from regular 12 to 13 Pro?
I always said if I changed at all I'd go Pro Max just to make it seem more worth my while what with the size upgrade and everything. However, I'm not sure the extra weight would make it a good move after all.

Soldato
Has anyone gone from regular 12 to 13 Pro?
I always said if I changed at all I'd go Pro Max just to make it seem more worth my while what with the size upgrade and everything. However, I'm not sure the extra weight would make it a good move after all.

12 Pro to 13 Pro Max, so almost the same. That was partly my reasoning for going for the Max this time - it made it actually feel like more of an upgrade. The weight is a subjective thing though really. Yes it’s quite heavy and was a bit of a surprise when I got it out the box but it’s not been a concern for me in normal usage. Your best bet is probably to try one out in an Apple store or something to see how you get on with it.

Soldato
The max is just way to big, doesn’t comfortably fit in my hands and is way to big for most pockets. If you’re going to go that far you’d be as well get an iPad mini with cellular and carry that around. :D

Soldato
I've gone from the 12 Pro to 13 Pro and can definitely feel the extra weight.

The 13 Pro is almost the same weight as the XS Max was three years ago (204g vs 208g) :o

You often see people speculating how Jobs would see Apple today and specifically where they've gone with products like the iPhone.

Whist I think he'd generally approve of the design choices and even the move to larger screens as kind of inevitable, he'd never in a million years have put up with devices that heavy.

Soldato
12 Pro to 13 Pro Max, so almost the same. That was partly my reasoning for going for the Max this time - it made it actually feel like more of an upgrade. The weight is a subjective thing though really. Yes it’s quite heavy and was a bit of a surprise when I got it out the box but it’s not been a concern for me in normal usage. Your best bet is probably to try one out in an Apple store or something to see how you get on with it.
Would love to but my nearest store is a 2 hour drive away - I may be up that direction closer to Christmas which is probably when I'd change anyway so might have to do that.
I'm perfectly happy with my 12 and said I wouldn't upgrade to any 13 series but hard to resist that new shiny etc. Plus I've spent £100+ on cases which will be a complete loss if I change :p

A mate of mine has the 11 PM and it is like a brick compared to my 12 - but I think that is mostly down to the fact I'm used to the 12. I've had large phones before in the 6.7 inch range and as I recall the size is one of those things you acclimatise to.

Commissario
and is way to big for most pockets

I’ve had all the largest Apple phones and I genuinely wonder what people are wearing when they say the phone is too big for their pockets. I wear everything from shorts to suits and I’ve never had a trouser pocket that was too small to hold a phone. Even when I was skinny and wearing 30/30 jeans, I had no problem getting the phone in the pocket.

What are you all wearing with pockets too small?

Soldato
Indeed. Think it unlikely he'd approve to glass being used as a material for phones either. It just makes zero sense.

He'd be fine with it, remember he and Ive brought us the iPhone 4 with the glass front and back and all its associated fragility.

Still the most beautiful iPhone design ever, it was more like a piece of jewellery than a phone and it's interesting how much the 12 and 13 hark back to it with their glass back and flat polished metal sides.

Soldato
FYI, in case you've noticed any funny unexpected charging shenanigans, Apple way unrated the 13 Pro charging capability.

I've been finding the magsafe chargers taking really long compared to cable when the difference should only be 25%.

As it turned out, its because I'm using a 30w charger. the 13 Pro Max will actually charge at 27w if you have a chargers that can do that or greater.

https://twitter.com/UniverseIce/status/1441413527625945090?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1441413527625945090|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://www.redditmedia.com/mediaembed/pv3lyb?responsive=trueis_nightmode=false

FADt9sQVUAgIZaQ

Soldato
Interesting to know but I’m generally more concerned with prolonging the life of my battery than shaving a bit of time off charging. Usually just charge overnight anyway so doesn’t really matter how long it takes.

Associate
I’m just sticking with my bongo 5W charging routine overnight and not faff around with wireless charging or another fast charging this time as I swear it ruined the health on my 12 Pro Max. Also I’m gonna monitor it using Coconut Battery on my MacBook Air

Soldato
I’ve had all the largest Apple phones and I genuinely wonder what people are wearing when they say the phone is too big for their pockets. I wear everything from shorts to suits and I’ve never had a trouser pocket that was too small to hold a phone. Even when I was skinny and wearing 30/30 jeans, I had no problem getting the phone in the pocket.

What are you all wearing with pockets too small?

Just normal clothes I guess. I generally wear lounge pants in the house and I’ll pretty much always wear fjallraven shorts or trousers every day. My 13 is almost sticking out the pocket of shorts at the moment. The max would be on display in the pocket.

Associate
Interesting to know but I’m generally more concerned with prolonging the life of my battery than shaving a bit of time off charging. Usually just charge overnight anyway so doesn’t really matter how long it takes.
I do something completely opposite, never charge overnight, just 30min here and there. Iphone 11pro after 2 years, battery health 100%

Back
Top Bottom