Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Crazy the amount of people I’m seeing post that they can’t notice the promotion, are people really that bad at observation? The difference is huge and very noticeable, scrolling, system animations, massively smoother.

Accessibility allows you to cap the frame rate at 60 which makes it all the more easy to compare.

Soldato
Crazy the amount of people I’m seeing post that they can’t notice the promotion, are people really that bad at observation? The difference is huge and very noticeable, scrolling, system animations, massively smoother.

Accessibility allows you to cap the frame rate at 60 which makes it all the more easy to compare.
It’s certainly noticeable and I agree that anyone who claims otherwise is in denial.
However, I have said previously that, while it is noticeable, it is not the be all and end all and in isolation 60hz is perfectly fine. When using side by side you see the difference but given a 60hz phone after using a 120hz phone most people wouldn’t bat an eyelid after a couple of hours usage.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yea using my iPad Air it now feels less smooth as my eyes have adjusted to 120hz :D

I’m debating whether to swap the pro for the mini. I had a 12 mini and it’s such a great size as a phone.

Soldato

What promotion? Free AirPods with an iPhone?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Returning the 13 pro tomorrow and replacing with the 13 mini. 12 mini was really good except for the battery which is addressed in the 13 mini. The pro is just too big and heavy as a phone.

Soldato
What are you all wearing with pockets too small?

It's a whole different conversation if you are female. My wife complains about her (my old) 6S+ being too big a lot and not fitting in pockets properly or digging into her if she bends down etc. The issue is that the phone does everything she needs (her words) and the only issue is the size. She doesn't want to spend £700 on a new mini for the smaller size but I might her her one to stop her complaints about the size of the current one :p.

Soldato
I just figure out a new feature.

not sure if it's for ios15 or unique to the 13/pro

Any photo that has text on it can be selected, copied or whatever.

move seen this on PC before using adobe software so text can be detected and selected on a photo or pdf etc but I haven't seen it on a phone before.

next thing Apple needs to do is let us edit the text in the photo

Soldato
It's a whole different conversation if you are female. My wife complains about her (my old) 6S+ being too big a lot and not fitting in pockets properly or digging into her if she bends down etc. The issue is that the phone does everything she needs (her words) and the only issue is the size. She doesn't want to spend £700 on a new mini for the smaller size but I might her her one to stop her complaints about the size of the current one :p.

Most of them I know they’ll launch in a bag or it’s in a bum pocket which they then have to stick on the table every bloody time they sit down which does my head in. :cry:

Soldato
I just crossed the 10 hour mark in my own battery stamina test for the 13 Pro Max.

Thats 10 hours of web browsing, YouTube, Facebook, games and taking photos - about 5 hours has been just playing games.

And at this point the battery is still on 34%. That's absolutely nuts for me.

Im now prepared to say this is a whole day charge phone, there is basically no reason to charge more than once a day.

Ill update this when the battery hits 0%, I'll keep playing games and YouTube till it turns off

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Seeing a few people around the web complaining about the weight, for those of you who have received their 13 Pro’s how are you finding it?

Coming from a 12 mini it is heavy! This is one of the reasons I’m returning it for a 13 mini, it’s just not comfortable to hold and one handed usage is harder to balance.

Soldato
Im now prepared to say this is a whole day charge phone, there is basically no reason to charge more than once a day.
I don’t know what your general use case is but I have never owned a phone (in my 20 years of usage) that has needed to be charged more than once in a day.
The worst for battery life I reckon I owned was the S10e but even then it did morning to bedtime no problem.

Soldato
I don’t know what your general use case is but I have never owned a phone (in my 20 years of usage) that has needed to be charged more than once in a day.
The worst for battery life I reckon I owned was the S10e but even then it did morning to bedtime no problem.

My X burnt through battery in games, would drop from 100% to 30% after 2 hours of gaming and I average 5 to 6 hours per day of screen on time with my phones

Soldato
Seeing a few people around the web complaining about the weight, for those of you who have received their 13 Pro’s how are you finding it?

It is heavy, and large, but then I'm coming from a 7 which emphasises things. I played around with the 12 models in a store a few weeks ago before ordering the 13 so I knew what to expect but I'd advise against buying blind unless you're happy with the faff of potentially returning (then again, Apple returns are amazing).

Back
Top Bottom