Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
phones are currently essentially just appliances that everyone has. Its like buying the latest fridge or a washing machine.

Sure there's new tech that comes out with it and more stuff you can do, but at this point just not that exciting as its essentially the same thing every year now
Agree 100%, I remember the excitement of new iphone launches up until the iphone 6. Noticeable improvements most years to the screen, camera and form factor.

phones are currently essentially just appliances that everyone has. Its like buying the latest fridge or a washing machine.

Sure there's new tech that comes out with it and more stuff you can do, but at this point just not that exciting as its essentially the same thing every year now
Maybe it's because of "moore's law? causing a slow down in tech? Or maybe companies just realising people will splash out for tiny incremental upgrades? I'm a bit of a hypocrite I'm wanting to upgrade my S22 Ultra possibly to an iPhone but that's more due to the fact I made the same mistake of getting a Exynos powered phone but apart from that same, same.

Another for the agreed pile. I had an iPhone 3, 4, 6 and 8 but then stuck with the 8 as incremental changes make upgrading less worth it. Though I think it's time to change so hopefully we get some concrete details soon.

Agree 100%, I remember the excitement of new iphone launches up until the iphone 6. Noticeable improvements most years to the screen, camera and form factor.

back then it seemed like there were a lot more possibilities and things that we wanted phones to do.

Nowadays, phones pretty much do everything we want to already, there's nothing really that ground breaking I think they can add.

its like a glorified app launcher, used for just launching all the apps we use regularly.
The phone itself only really matters for performance and camera - and those are at a point where its fine for everyone

Maybe it's because of "moore's law? causing a slow down in tech? Or maybe companies just realising people will splash out for tiny incremental upgrades? I'm a bit of a hypocrite I'm wanting to upgrade my S22 Ultra possibly to an iPhone but that's more due to the fact I made the same mistake of getting a Exynos powered phone but apart from that same, same.

It's a strategic decision.

Apple have built their foundation of a universally agreed "great smartphone".

Rather than spending the huge amount on R&D every year trying to develop all the new tech (like they've had to do with Vision Pro), they're in trickle phase.

Smaller, incremental updates to the phone, strategically timed (which is what Apple are EXCEPTIONAL at) to be just good/new enough to encourage people to buy a new phone. It also means they can watch how the market reacts to new technology first, and adapt it accordingly as they see fit.

This is why OnePlus are seen as boring/uninspiring now. They're in the same trickle phase, but they're just not as good at it.

It happens in every industry - new joiners appear more innovative (Tesla), but existing companies almost seem reluctant to try new things (VW). It usually results in more consistent and steady growth (good for shareholders) and is a longer-term strategy.

But it's incredibly dull and boring for consumers.

I upgrade every year, it doesn’t cost me that much over the course of the year - although its starting/going to cost a bit more next year.

It also massively helps that people want iPhones, no one wants a one plus.

Like these folding screen Samsungs, yeh they look pretty interesting but it’s not enough to get the masses to buy them.

If and when apple do it, people will leap on it.

Last edited:
I upgraded from the 6s to the 12, but because I've changed jobs I get to see more of the world, so I want a better camera, I also dont want a phone thats bent.
If I hadn't have noticed my phone was bent in one corner I wouldn't have upgraded this time around, and, to be fair, I'm not 100% sold on the idea as of yet, if the prince increase rumours are true that could be enough for me to put it off another year amd get something else new instead..

I upgrade every year, it doesn’t cost me that much over the course of the year - although its starting/going to cost a bit more next year.

Like these folding screen Samsungs, yeh they look pretty interesting but it’s not enough to get the masses to buy them.

thats cause most people are social media driven sheep. Apple just has that reputation with little kids as being the be all and end all.

crying about using an iphone when all the apps you use are available on every other platform for the most part

Because many are fanboys of xyz brand. Also they sell extremely well in other places. Uk May not be the one but my other half has had 3 flip phones and they all survived and were sold on with no issues. Apple will make one and it’ll somehow be the “One” but they’re never the ones to be bleeding edge. That’s not their way of doing things.

I just want a phone that works, I originally moved to iPhone from to Android from Windows Phone, the kids and missus had iPhone and the 'family' side of the OS just made everything a bit more convenient.

While I agree… I have to say apps tend to be a lot more polished on iPhone. Or at least that’s how it feels to me.
this is the main reason I moved to apple after 10+ years of android. I enjoyed android when I enjoyed faffing around with a phone and having customised etc.

these days I just need a phone that works, while ios is not perfect and often clunky in some weird ways - e.g.

gestures - horrid/incosistent
keyboard - mess, autocorrect a mess.

majority of apps I use and depend on do seem to work better on iOS. But I'm very aware of the fact that innovation now happens in android world and apple slowly takes things over when they're mature enough - which is totally fine, just different.

I think this must be the first iPhone launch where I'm looking at my 13 Pro just thinking 'meh' I'm good. I'm sure that will change when Tim Apple gets on the 'stage' but for what ever reason I'm not really getting excited about it.

I probably wouldn't buy one as head does tend to prevail over heart but I'm just not feeling the hype at all.

saying that though - I will be upgrading my iphone 12 this year to the 15. Every 3 years seems a good amount of time to upgrade, you definitely feel it vs upgrading every year

Last edited:
saying that though - I will be upgrading my iphone 12 this year to the 15. Every 3 years seems a good amount if time to upgrade, you definitely feel it vs upgrading every year
My 13 Pro Max is still going strong although I somehow managed to badly scratch the screen while on holiday a couple of weeks ago and I have no idea how.

I’m not planning on replacing it this year. I think you’re right, a three year cycle is perfectly reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom