Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
My 14Pro is at 100% still, I got it in late October.

Anyway, it seems the biggest "feature" all the rumour sites are going on at the moment is the bezels? Also using Titanium instead of stainless steel and the removal of the mute switch to an programmable action button together with USB-C.

The only thing I would like from that list is the USB-C, the rest....won't notice after putting a case on.

Last edited:
Yeah this is a bizarre one. I use Onedrive and when I first used the app it said you had two use a night time mode to upload backups where it would keep your phone active and dimmed while carrying it out. Yet mine will still upload in the background anyway. I never have to go into one drive to check. My wife though has to and we cannot work out why! It's stupid, then again so is the iCloud Photos back up where it syncs. I just want to use that iCloud storage and not having deleting a photo from my phone delete from the cloud unless I decide to set it up that way.
Yep, I've tried all the settings (Background refresh on etc) to try and get it to work naturally without success. I don't sign up for iCloud so maybe that is meant to the solution that Apple is driving me towards.

It's the same thing with other apps though. I needed to download a bunch of songs onto my Qobuz app the other day and had to keep the app open throughout while downloading gigabytes of music. As soon as tried to open a different app the download queue would be suspended. That's not for me - hopefully Apple will sort it out eventually.

With iPhone 15 rumoured for the 22nd Sept does anyone know how long a musicmagpie quote is valid for?

I know you get 3 weeks to send it in once you confirm your order but want to know how many weeks prior to that to request valuation to get best price - currently £680 for 128gb pro. It doesn’t say on their t&c’s any more..

I know you get 3 weeks to send it in once you confirm your order but want to know how many weeks prior to that to request valuation to get best price - currently £680 for 128gb pro. It doesn’t say on their t&c’s any more..

I've heard you can save the order and refresh it every 14 days to lock the price.

How does the upgrade process work? Not that I want to upgrade my perfectly fine 14 Pro, just, you know, asking for a friend.
You add your existing device as a trade in when ordering your new phone, your old phone usually has enough value to pay off the rest of your existing loan and a bit extra then you just pay the monthly payments towards the new device.

I'm on 99% with a 13 PM from March 2022. It is the only phone I have used in that period.

That's very good! I purchased my 13PM a month before you and I'm at 94%.

Just as a general side note, I guess it's important for people to not get too bogged down over the bat %. Also Apple can replace your battery (for £89 2-3 years ago, not sure what price is now) instead of purchasing a new iPhone.

I see people get concerned over their bat% a lot, especially on Twitter and want to upgrade to a new iPhone, this being one of the main reasons.

iPhone 15 being rumoured to have Titanium and softer/slightly curved edges will be a nice touch and having 30% smaller bezzle will be nice too, plus usb c, button replacing the mute switch etc.
Several people who own the iPhone 14 Pro have said the Dynamic Island a bit of a gimmick, which I can understand too.

For me the 120hz display was the game changer for me when I bought the 13PM, and I intend to run it to the ground, great all round phone! Just like the 14, the 15 won't be a significant upgrade.

The flip side is the 13PM trade in value will naturally reduce, and keeping with Apple's trade in is a good way to keep the cost of upgrading cheaper than it otherwise would be.

Last edited:
I heard the titanium thing, which I prefer as the 12 bent on me, the thinner bezels I'm not bothered about, same with the button/mite switch thing, USB-C is nice but not a huge thing for me as I only charge through the port not transferring data.

If the titanium casing has a noticeable effect on the pros weight then happy days. Always found the pros to be ludicrously heavy

I saw something about that yesterday but they have removed the ‘save for later’ option from their site so you can’t do it any more..
That’s a shame as that would be the one potential thing with the current trade in price that might convince me to upgrade.

I am looking forward to this release. I have been saving for it but still have a budget in mind. Seeing some of the prices currently on 14 pro max refurbished good as new, if they are too expensive i will have no issues going for one of them and saving 3-400 quid.

I am looking forward to this release. I have been saving for it but still have a budget in mind. Seeing some of the prices currently on 14 pro max refurbished good as new, if they are too expensive i will have no issues going for one of them and saving 3-400 quid.
I'm in the same boat. I think if i did upgrade I'd get the 256GB model as I never use all the storage on my 512GB iPhone. That should save some money.

I am hoping that they make the entry on the 15 Pro Max (Or whatever its goign to be called) 256Gb. Currently you can get a 14 Pro Max Good as new with 128gb for £849(Although they currently only have gold) and you can sometimes call them up and depending on where they have come from they may be able to give you a discount code to use. Last time i was looking and called they offered me £30 off a £965 good as new phone. The 256Gb is currently £919 and 512Gb is currently £1049 so some great deals to be had and will probably be better on 15 launch. Coming from someone currently using a Iphone 11 64gb it should be more than an upgrade :D

I’d be perfectly happy if they would just put a ProMotion display in the regular models - it clearly looks like that ain’t happening this year either (not that I expected it to).
My iPhone 12 was absolutely fine for me with the exception of having too small a display and a 60hz one at that. It was the only reason I upgraded to the 13 PM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom