Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
this is the main reason I moved to apple after 10+ years of android. I enjoyed android when I enjoyed faffing around with a phone and having customised etc.

these days I just need a phone that works, while ios is not perfect and often clunky in some weird ways - e.g.

gestures - horrid/incosistent
keyboard - mess, autocorrect a mess.

majority of apps I use and depend on do seem to work better on iOS. But I'm very aware of the fact that innovation now happens in android world and apple slowly takes things over when they're mature enough - which is totally fine, just different.
This is it. I look over in Pixel world and they are doing all the cool stuff like the Fold but in terms of family and ecosystem, Apple has that wall nice and high so can’t see me/us leaving it anytime soon.

Post all your hopes and rumours etc here! Here's my wish list for the 15 Pro/Pro Max, those eagle eyed members will notice that that list is almost completely unchanged from this time last year!

15 pro max (now called Ultra) wish list, in no particular order:

Hardware/Design:
1) USB-C
2) Faster wired and wireless charging (maybe 45w wired and 20w wireless?)
3) No notch/holepunch display
4) 256gb base storage/8gb ram (for prores and proraw mainly as it seems to use a lot of space)
5) Touch ID in power button
6) Change the dimensions of the 15 pro max for it to be narrower so its easier to hold in hand - at the moment its far too wide for it to be a comfortable 1 handed phone!
7) 1440p display/Increased PPI

Software:
1) 4K/240fps slow-mo (still stuck on 1080p in 2022!!)
2) Home screen on pro max to be less zoomed in so can actually fit more rows on each page

I'm sure there are a couple other small things as well that can be added, but ill update list as the year goes on. If the 15 Pro Max includes all of these I am 100% getting it
For me on yours
hardware
  1. They should, but I wouldn't put it past them removing the port now their hand has been forced by the EU
  2. eh I'll take it as an option my concern always is how this effects battery life
  3. not a major deal breaker for me but there have been some cool under screen selfie cameras shown off
  4. I feel at least for the "pro" version this makes sense
  5. yes or a touch action button as seems to be the leaks
  6. I feel that's the price of going max is you get a phone that's in that is hard enough to hold I doubt they will make different screen profiles
  7. for the max yes for the normal no like it's just wasted battery life
Software
  1. not just that I'm sure the sensor can do much more at different rates 480p@600 or w/e
  2. I still wish you could auto sort your screens into categories

This is it. I look over in Pixel world and they are doing all the cool stuff like the Fold but in terms of family and ecosystem, Apple has that wall nice and high so can’t see me/us leaving it anytime soon.
It’s not just that Apple’s wall is so high but also that the competition is, quite frankly, rubbish.
It’s nigh on impossible to get fully immersed in the Google ecosystem because they chop and change so much on what seems like a whim most of the time. The Pixel phone line up is excellent, I had the first 3, but when you want to expand that into a tablet or laptop you’re pretty much beat. Google release the occasional tablet (and I know they do chromebooks but they pale in comparison to a fully fledged laptop OS) but in a year or two’s time they could just as easily bin the tablet line and you’re left stuck - they’ve done it before). They also drop apps like a hot potato so it’s hard to get too invested in some apps because you never know when the rug will be pulled from underneath.
And I agree with the points about the apps being more polished on iOS, it’s certainly my experience with the ones that I use - heck there was a time that Google’s own apps ran and looked better on iOS than on Android.

Last edited:
Two things prevent me from switching to iPhone:
1) Notifications are a mess - Android does it so much more intuitively. I use a Pixel for my personal device and an iPhone for work, and I'm constantly missing notifications on the iPhone. Apple's system is frankly rubbish.
2) Having to keep an app open to background download. For example, I use Dropbox / Google Photos to upload pictures taken. However, on the iPhone I have to keep the app open and screen on for each app to fully upload pics - what a faff. Plus, it negates the point of camera upload, as I want the pics uploaded to the cloud just in case my phone gets lost/stolen. So I have to remember to launch each app periodically. On any Android phone it just happens in the background.

If Apple fix the above, I'd seriously considering moving my personal device to an iPhone. People have asked for a better notification system from Apple for years, so I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
1. I’m not sure what’s a mess about them, to be honest I have them disable as my phone going off all the time does my head in. Prefer it on my watch easier.

2. I no longer use google as I have paid iCloud but I’m 90% sure it would upload to “photos” in the background.

My 13 Pro Max is still going strong although I somehow managed to badly scratch the screen while on holiday a couple of weeks ago and I have no idea how.

I’m not planning on replacing it this year. I think you’re right, a three year cycle is perfectly reasonable.
13 pro max still perfectly fine to use, and does pretty much everything the 14 does. the 120hz is a big thing for me which the 12 never had so coming to this should feel very nice. Not to mention the performance increase whilst minimal each year, after 3 years will definitely add up to a good jump. The same goes for the camera's as well, year on year may not be that big but after 3 years will be very noticeable (at least I hope it will)

Debating which model of the 15 to get, but im thinking I could just get the pro max/ultra variant just to make it last as long as possible and I can see my self keeping it for at least 3 years, possibly even a bit longer before I upgrade again.

Battery usually ends up being the most annoying part of it over time, but the rumours this year pointing to much bigger batteries. Couple that with a more efficient chip and we could be seeing EASY 1 day use with high screen time and possibly close to 2 days with lesser screentime. Follow that with a mid cycle battery swap a couple years in and realistically can make it last a long long with no issues.

All this assuming innovation for phones carries on at this very slow pace with nothing ground breaking coming out with future releases

Two things prevent me from switching to iPhone:
1) Notifications are a mess - Android does it so much more intuitively. I use a Pixel for my personal device and an iPhone for work, and I'm constantly missing notifications on the iPhone. Apple's system is frankly rubbish.
2) Having to keep an app open to background download. For example, I use Dropbox / Google Photos to upload pictures taken. However, on the iPhone I have to keep the app open and screen on for each app to fully upload pics - what a faff. Plus, it negates the point of camera upload, as I want the pics uploaded to the cloud just in case my phone gets lost/stolen. So I have to remember to launch each app periodically. On any Android phone it just happens in the background.

If Apple fix the above, I'd seriously considering moving my personal device to an iPhone. People have asked for a better notification system from Apple for years, so I'm not holding my breath.
It has been getting a bit better year by year but agree in the sense the android ones seems much better.

Just have to hope they keep on improving year on year

My 13 Pro Max is still going strong although I somehow managed to badly scratch the screen while on holiday a couple of weeks ago and I have no idea how.

I’m not planning on replacing it this year. I think you’re right, a three year cycle is perfectly reasonable.
I was planning on upgrading to the 15 Pro Max from the 13 Pro Max but I might just wait. I'm not a big phone user really. The only really useful thing that would come if I upgraded was being able to use the iPhone 13 Pro Max to run developer betas to test my apps work fine and keep the 15 Pro Max on the official releases.

I’m a serial upgrader (or at least I was) but the 13 PM is the phone I’ve had the longest (that I can remember anyway). The 14 series was the first release that I’ve not even had an itch to change at all. Part of it is down to my only moving to Apple with the iPhone 12 where I was always Android prior to that. With Android there’s nearly a new phone release every month whereas with Apple there’s one a year and that’s it.
But I can’t think of one thing that could possibly be included in the 15 to make me change this time round either. In fact, I personally see the dynamic island as a downgrade on the notch!

I’ll be upgrading from my 13 pro. I’m usually a once a year kinda person but 13 pro has been around for near 2. It’s still very very good but I like new fresh toys so it’s going and will make way for 15 pro.

I’m a serial upgrader (or at least I was) but the 13 PM is the phone I’ve had the longest (that I can remember anyway). The 14 series was the first release that I’ve not even had an itch to change at all.
That’s described me perfectly. When the 13 came out, I was adamant I wasn’t going to get it. I think I lasted six weeks.

I’ll be upgrading from my 13 pro. I’m usually a once a year kinda person but 13 pro has been around for near 2. It’s still very very good but I like new fresh toys so it’s going and will make way for 15 pro.

In a strange way for me the 13 is actually a better phone than the 14. I don’t notice a difference at all in every day use apart from the battery is way worse in the 14 despite it being a bigger capacity.

The design changes are looking quite promising and finally transitioning the iPhone, as well as the AirPods and things like the Magic keyboard, to USB-C is great. Some people have argued against this directive by the EU due to the fact it is going to create even more e-waste. However, you could make the argument Apple themselves haven't helped with this. It's been known for some time now USB-C was going to be the new industry standard going forward and while it's far from perfect due to the different variations of the USB-C specification, it's better than what we have had before. Apple released their first USB-C product, the 12" MacBook, back in 2015. They then started transitioning the iPad line-up to USB-C with the release of the 2018 iPad Pro. The fact Apple have left the iPhone and some of their other products with the lightning connector until the last possible minute is a real shame. Especially with their narrative of caring for the environment. Apple really should have done better here.

That’s described me perfectly. When the 13 came out, I was adamant I wasn’t going to get it. I think I lasted six weeks.

Learn some self control, Sir.

With the iPhone 14, I think I lasted until release day and then I ordered one from Curry's with next day delivery. :o

Last edited:
I can’t see any reason to upgrade my iPhone 14 Pro Max but will keep an open mind and hopefully see what they are like in store before deciding.

Battery health down to 95% on my 14 Pro. Worst I've ever had for an iPhone bought at launch.

Definitely going to upgrade to a 15 Pro especially if it has a bigger battery as rumoured.

Yeah this is a bizarre one. I use Onedrive and when I first used the app it said you had two use a night time mode to upload backups where it would keep your phone active and dimmed while carrying it out. Yet mine will still upload in the background anyway. I never have to go into one drive to check. My wife though has to and we cannot work out why! It's stupid, then again so is the iCloud Photos back up where it syncs. I just want to use that iCloud storage and not having deleting a photo from my phone delete from the cloud unless I decide to set it up that way.

Anyway I'm buying this phone. I'm on a iPhone 11 which TBH I could easily get another year out of and struggles with nothing but my son needs an upgrade and they have stopped updates for his phone. So I might as well pass it down and get a new one myself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom