Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
I have been keeping an eye out on the leaks. not much seems to be changing except the CPU, USB-c port(Maybe), titanium housing/exterior trim on the pro models and the increased battery. I have been looking at t a new phone for a while as i am still on my old (But mint) Iphone 12 so i am going to treat myself to a pro max model. So in sept if the new models are increased in price by a huge amount i will just see if there are any deals on a 14 Pro Max. If £1200 gets me a 15 Pro Max 256Gb i would be happy but not holding my breath.

I have been keeping an eye out on the leaks. not much seems to be changing except the CPU, USB-c port(Maybe), titanium housing/exterior trim on the pro models and the increased battery. I have been looking at t a new phone for a while as i am still on my old (But mint) Iphone 12 so i am going to treat myself to a pro max model. So in sept if the new models are increased in price by a huge amount i will just see if there are any deals on a 14 Pro Max. If £1200 gets me a 15 Pro Max 256Gb i would be happy but not holding my breath.

With the way things are going I’m thinking we’re going to be like £1,299 for the 15. Absolute stinger.

Going to have to increase my standing order to £75 a month for the phone next year. I normally do £50 and the sale of the phone covers the cost of it.

If its £1299 i really hope they are offering a load of new features that are unique to the pro that day to day people will actually use. I have 0% on my CC till sept next year so i will just stick it on that and pay it off within 6 months and stay on my sim only plan. I am not going to pay £75 a month for a phone for 2 years unless that is with silly data and insurance included.

This might be enough on its own to make me upgrade.

Really hope this is true, one of the things that always bothered me with previous phones were that despite having an efficient chip that made battery life good the battery size itself was always quite small. Now with the combination of an efficient chip with a big battery, battery life will be incredible

An iPhone will do 20+ hours, depending on what settings you have on the phone..

When I said content, I meant like using the phone to consumer content for 20 hours. When my 13 pro max battery was new I could get 11-12 hours of content consumption out of it (90% of my battery goes to reading websites, gaming and YouTube) and I'd like 20 just so I don't have to charge every day.

My phone averages 10 hours a day of screen on time, so if the battery could handle 20 hours I could get two days out of a charge

Last edited:
I just checked mine and I thought I used my phone a lot.

Mk0zuVZ.png

Has anyone ever gone to an Apple Store to pick up a launch iPhone in person? I thought it might be quite a fun experience and was curious if it is worth doing.

I only do it when it's more convenient than delivery. It's a typical pickup, no different to any other. You just walk to them and tell them you're there for a pickup, they go to the back and bring your stuff.

I only do it when it's more convenient than delivery. It's a typical pickup, no different to any other. You just walk to them and tell them you're there for a pickup, they go to the back and bring your stuff.
Thats a shame. I was hoping there would be a group of geeks waiting and having a chat. I guess I'll get it delivered in that case.

Thats a shame. I was hoping there would be a group of geeks waiting and having a chat. I guess I'll get it delivered in that case.

They're very efficient, you're there for probably less than a minute. Unless you chat with the staff in that case they will try to sell you accessories, apple care, etc...

On a side note Ive read some things about aluminium batteries coming from Australia which sounds promising as well - such as batteries that don't heat up when they are being charged so you can push high amps through them without any issue allowing batteries to charge from 0% to 100% in like a minute, with the other benefit being the batteries don't heat up under draw either and potentially could result in batteries that last much longer given that battery cells degradation has a strong correlation with heat

So in the future we could have phones and cars that can be full charged in 1 or 2 minutes and the batteries retain their full charge capacity for far longer so fewer replacement batteries are required over the life of the product. Additionally EV cars require active cooling for their batteries through the use of fans, radiators or water pumps and none of that would be needed anymore. This future might still be 10+ years away though

As much as higher capacity would be cool, I'd be happy with just 1500mAh battery in my iPhone if I could charge it up in seconds, hyper fast charging somewhat negates the need for higher capacity

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom