Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
I am looking forward to this release. I have been saving for it but still have a budget in mind. Seeing some of the prices currently on 14 pro max refurbished good as new, if they are too expensive i will have no issues going for one of them and saving 3-400 quid.

Just heads up that many people have reported the battery health on the 14pro/pro max (unclear on regular 14's) have poor longevity in comparison to previous phones such as the 13PM. Not saying this to put you off, as saving £300/400 far out weighs this issue, just more FYI

I’m hoping they release a 45w(maybe 60w) duel usb-c charger as the 35 that I’ve got doesn’t have enough juice for the anker cube. The 30w is fine. Just back from a trip where i only had one adaptor so couldn’t charge the iPad at the same time. Frustrating. School boy error should have tried it first. So will need to take two adaptors now when traveling. So another world travel kit may have to be bought depending on where I’m going.

A17 3nm geekbench leak

The A17 is looking quite powerful. It seems to have the single core performance of a M2 and a peak GPU performance of a M1.

Do take caution though the problem with Geekbench is it's not a stress test, it's a series of very short tests that allow mobile phones to achieve numbers they cannot sustain. So while these peak numbers look great, under sustained load such as playing genshin impact at 60fps you'd probably find performance drops.

The biggest problem with phones have always being that they don't have adequate cooling so under any sustained load they throttle heavily

Last edited:
Isn’t short bursts of performance exactly the kind of use case you’d expect to see in a phone?

It’s the sort of thing that makes phones feel super snappy and enables on device processing of images, speech to text and all that max.

Isn’t short bursts of performance exactly the kind of use case you’d expect to see in a phone?

It’s the sort of thing that makes phones feel super snappy and enables on device processing of images, speech to text and all that max.

The processors are already overkill for that, that's why no iPhone feels faster than the previous several models

The processors are already overkill for that, that's why no iPhone feels faster than the previous several models
That’s part of the point, who is actually using a phone for ‘sustained workloads’?

It’s all about bursts of performance.

Even stuff like creating social media posts etc are done and dusted in seconds when it comes to processing the video/images these days with all the dedicated silicon being thrown at it.

Yeh I get mobiles games also but even then, developers still have to cater for a 5 year old poorly optimised android phones so they are never really pushing the envelope of what’s possible.

I don’t use my phone for anything other than WhatsApp, social media, emails and web browsing but still feel like I need the top model in order to do that :p

I’m still going to swap to the 15 pro in September though :mad:

It's amazing how good Apple's chipsets are, I was reading that Apple have pretty much taken all of the supply of these TSMC 3nm chips, which means they are likely to continue that gap to the competition for a while yet.
Not just that, I believe they have an exclusivity deal on them for at least a year.

Last edited:
where the A17 will really shine is when those cores trickle down (up?) into the M line up.

Has the competition even caught up to the A15 yet?

Last edited:
I’m on an 11, I don’t get latest tech, I judge based on what it’s going to be used for but each to their own.
I used to be the same, longest I’ve kept a phone was the original IPhone 4s which I had for almost 3 years but since then I’ve just changed every year.

Once you’ve either restored from a backup or setup as a new phone, you can’t tell the difference :p

I used to be the same, longest I’ve kept a phone was the original IPhone 4s which I had for almost 3 years but since then I’ve just changed every year.

Once you’ve either restored from a backup or setup as a new phone, you can’t tell the difference :p

Each year there’s changes that sometimes does make a difference but as a whole it’s the same on the surface.

Going from a 6S to a 11 was a big difference but changing each year is small as you said.

I usually do more than 3 generations and I try to make it last as long as possible.

My 6s I dropped in a lake when I was fishing. Worked for a while then logic board failed for ended up with an 8 as a temp phone cos it was cheap then decided to sell it for peanuts and go to an 11.

Last edited:
I saw something about that yesterday but they have removed the ‘save for later’ option from their site so you can’t do it any more..
Are you sure? Still seems to be there for me.

lc7XBS5.png

Back
Top Bottom