Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Yep you are right not sure why it didn't show the other day, thanks for pointing out - anyway have saved an order for an iPhone 14 pro @ £680 so will see if I can keep saving it until the 15 is out..
Yep, best thing to do is to stick a rolling 13-day reminder and keep saving the quote until you're ready to post it off!

Is Music Magpie the best place to offload your old phone these days?
eBay tends to be crap for sellers getting kicked by unscrupulous buyers, FB Marketplace is full of scammers and goons...

eBay tends to be crap for sellers getting kicked by unscrupulous buyers, FB Marketplace is full of scammers and goons...
I use https://www.sellmymobile.com/ to get the best quotes.

UR, grade mobile and meelie have been solid for me in the past and usually offer better quotes than MusicMagpie.

Sell it to whichever company offers the highest price.

Or sell it on the MM on here, although it's a bit of a faff and you have to buy that report and quite a lot of people on here will offer you £100 for a 1 year old phone.

I could, I could use it to replace my 'spare' 6s, but, if they are going to increase price on the 15Pro then a bit of an offset to that cost would be nice, especially as I just bought some Airpod Pro 2's lol

Inflation gonna kick our (UK's) ass with this one as it has been the last few years.. Its already £1099 vs $999 for the base 14 pro, but with the rumoured price increase of the 15's we're probably gonna end up spending £1249 for the base 15 pro

Inflation gonna kick our (UK's) ass with this one as it has been the last few years.. Its already £1099 vs $999 for the base 14 pro, but with the rumoured price increase of the 15's we're probably gonna end up spending £1249 for the base 15 pro
That would be the exchange rate and not inflation. Yet another one to thank the brexit vote for ;)

Apple rarely adjust their prices once they are set and when they do, it’s typically to raise them to account for exchange rate changes rather than lower them.

If the rate gets more favourable for Apple, they are happy to take the extra profit, it just doesn’t also work the other way round.

Erm, wasn't last year the first year for quite a few that the price actually went up in real terms?
When I say, once they are set, what I mean is the initial launch of that specific product or at any refresh and it jumps down a tier.

What they don’t tend to do dynamic price adjustments as the $ fluctuates with the £/€/whatever mid product cycle.

The iPhone 14 Pro and the Pro Max start at £1099 and £1199 respectively. There is a possibilty the price of the iPhone 15 Pro will increase by £100 and the Pro Max by £100 / £200.

Rumored iPhone 15 price rises echoed in supply chain report - 9To5Mac

Although, it is also rumoured there will no longer be a 128GB model and the base model will start at 256GB. This is obviously dependent on an individuals disposable income but at what point does it just become too much.

Last edited:
For luxury items like phones people will keep buying, most manufacturers have seen declines in sales on phones, Apple not so much.

They will rely on price increases to offset reduced sales anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom