Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Having just moved from Windows to Mac this month and a life long Android user I looked up the price of iPhones. What on Earth? A 512GB top spec iPhone is same price as the latest Samsung Fold5. I thought iPhones were like £800 to £1000.

This is obviously dependent on an individuals disposable income but at what point does it just become too much.
I recall buying the OG Pixel XL which was £720 with beads of sweat running down my face :p .
To date, the most I’ve paid for a phone was is £820 which was for my iPhone 13 PM. Although it’s the longest I’ve kept a phone so it’s ALMOST worth it.
Personally, I can’t imagine spending over £1000 but times change.
Unless Apple do something revolutionary with the next couple of iPhone releases I can’t see me changing from my 13 PM until it basically stops fully functioning.

Having just moved from Windows to Mac this month and a life long Android user I looked up the price of iPhones. What on Earth? A 512GB top spec iPhone is same price as the latest Samsung Fold5. I thought iPhones were like £800 to £1000.
Why on earth would you think IPhones would be cheaper than a samsung?

Last I checked they were fairly comparable with the "equivalent" Samsung flagship (not the fold/flip), and the iPhone would age better.

I have seen a few reports saying that the new Pro/Pro max will be announced towards the end of sept but will not be available to buy/ship (You will probably be able to preorder) until the end of oct due to supply issues with the new Sony camera sensor. Not sure how true it is but just thought its was worth noting.

I have seen a few reports saying that the new Pro/Pro max will be announced towards the end of sept but will not be available to buy/ship (You will probably be able to preorder) until the end of oct due to supply issues with the new Sony camera sensor. Not sure how true it is but just thought its was worth noting.
there's rumours about everything.. guess we'll have to see :) I'm only interested in the pro so when ever that comes out, my 13 pro is not really struggling yet so the only reason I'd buy one is to get a fresh new toy.

I am still a bit torn between the pro and pro max. I currently have a 11 standard and when typing i still struggle with that one handed. So having the pro max thats just a bit bigger shouldnt be a problem but might help with my fat fingers while typing and the extra battery life with be a good addition.

I went from a 6s to the 12, so slightly bigger screen there, I primarily use my phone as, well, a phone, and then a camera, so it just needs to be big enough for my fat fingers to use and eyes to see as all of my media consumption is done on my iPad which went from a Mini to Pro..

The max is just to big to comfortably use and store in the pocket imo

If you want something that big may as well get an iPad mini
Admittedly there is the occasional episode of finger gymnastics when trying to use it one handed but I will happily trade a little ‘ease of use’ for a larger screen, every time.

I can’t say I noticed much difference in pocketability between the 13 PM and my 12, it’s still a phone in a pocket at the end of the day.

I use https://www.sellmymobile.com/ to get the best quotes.

UR, grade mobile and meelie have been solid for me in the past and usually offer better quotes than MusicMagpie.
Hi there, I’ve got an iPhone 14 pro max 256gb, these guys are offering £835 “working condition” it’s pretty flawless condition, has a few hairline marks around the charger/buttons but nothing bad. Do these tend to be as picky as music magpie? Can’t be chewed sending something off then them returning it saying it’s a different condition?

Also when doing the quote they ask for PayPal/banking details? Safe to fill in?

Thanks mate

Last edited:
I had the six plus for years and it never fitted nicely in a pocket, was always too big. Ended up relenting and getting the XS and it was a revelation in comparison. Regretted not changing it sooner.

I have the 14 Pro at the minute and I honestly believe that USB-C is the only thing that would tempt me to upgrade straight away haha. So much of my tech uses it that I exclusvely have the cables in the house and charge my phone via wireless pads.

Hi there, I’ve got an iPhone 14 pro max 256gb, these guys are offering £835 “working condition” it’s pretty flawless condition, has a few hairline marks around the charger/buttons but nothing bad. Do these tend to be as picky as music magpie? Can’t be chewed sending something off then them returning it saying it’s a different condition?

Also when doing the quote they ask for PayPal/banking details? Safe to fill in?

Thanks mate
Hello,

I think it'll pass for your quoted price, worse case you can refuse the revised price and they will send it back.

You can give your bank details/paypal during the registration of the quote - it's all safe to fill in.

Good luck!

Not long to go:

F4zT_f7XoAAmeWn

Back
Top Bottom