Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Anyone get their iPhone through Apple's spread the cost payment thing which is through Barclays?

I got my iPhone 14Pro last year (October), I've paid a year already so like at least 40% of the cost paid. How does this work in trade in with the finance thing? do they settle the balance for you and then everything works out and then just have 1 DD monthly as before?
When you pre order the next phone you select your current phone for trade in, the value is applied to the Barclays loan automatically, any value left over is applied to the new phone and then you just spread what’s left over 48 months.

I been holding off upgrading my 11 until the release of the 15, im not sure what i was expecting, but im now leaning towards just keep my 11 going for another year, there is nothing wrong with it, and im sure i dont even use half the features mine has got already, so a new phone would be wasted on me i think

Exactly the same boat. I can't believe how well my 11 is still going. It's far from slow and still does everything I require. Slightly better camera would be nice but tbh I rarely take many photos these days. I might just get a new battery fitted on the 11 and go another year. It looks as good as the day I got it but the battery is down to 84% which is pretty good for a near 4 year old phone.

Mine is the same but the battery is on 69%(Nice :D ) but usually lasts the day. There are the odd times that the battery does drain quickly(generally around iOS updates) but either an update or reboot sorts it. Yea, I could get the battery refreshed for £69 and it would probably last until next year but I have never had a flagship phone on release and I am currently in the position to sort so I have decided to go for it.

Something I do wish apple did was similar to Samsung Dex. The Pro phones are more than capable to give a desktop experience so I am unsure why Apple have not done their own version. Maybe it’s down to the fact they have entry level MacBooks with similar power to top end iPhone for casual users and they don’t want to lose that market however I do think it would be a nice feature.

On the finance, 24 months 0% isn’t bad on £1200/1300 which is about £50-60 a month.

Will see what happens in release.

With today's interest rates, Barclays 0% route is better value if you must get it. Put the money aside earning 5% as you pay it off slowly. It's not much but it's still better than nothing.

Its not so much the cost increase as me wondering if an upgrade is actually needed..
Its going to be a very splintery bum upgrade at this rate which could go either way....

Are you guys getting rid of your iphones now in order to get the 15? I’ve got my UR box in the post to send the iPhone 14 pro max off (quoted £835 - email to say offer will expire soon) but I’m hesitant of sending it. Should I just get rid now?

A: do I need to upgrade?
B: is it worth the extra possible 6-7hundred on top of the trade in.

Last edited:
Are you guys getting rid of your iphones now in order to get the 15? I’ve got my UR box in the post to send the iPhone 14 pro max off (quoted £835 - email to say offer will expire soon) but I’m hesitant of sending it. Should I just get rid now?

A: do I need to upgrade?
B: is it worth the extra possible 6-7hundred on top of the trade in.

These days 2-3 years for an upgrade will give an appreciable change. Phones are too incremental now.

So where’s the pictures? I’m interested in what book she was reading.

Cant remember now, was just impressed that you could quite clearly read the title of the book...

Anyways, back on topic, Tom's seems to be suggesting that even the stock 15 will get the same camera as the 14 Pro, which could mean I go for the stock 15 over the Pro, unless the 15 Pro takes a huge leap over that as far as its camera goes.
Obviously its not all about the mega pixels, but if it gets the optical zooms as well then that could settle it..

These days 2-3 years for an upgrade will give an appreciable change. Phones are too incremental now.
Very true, hence my dithering.

I have apple care on my 14 pro max ( the battery is at a miserable 92% health (bare in mind it’s barely a year old!) never used apple care before, how do I go about either getting the phone replaced or battery?

Last edited:
Very true, hence my dithering.

I have apple care on my 14 pro max ( the battery is at a miserable 92% health (bare in mind it’s barely a year old!) never used apple care before, how do I go about either getting the phone replaced or battery?

Your iPhone is eligible for a battery replacement at no additional cost if you have AppleCare+ and your product’s battery holds less than 80 per cent of its original capacity.

Right I made the switch from S21Ultra to the 13.

I miss the larger screen size but don’t miss the extra weight.

With the so called switch to titanium the phones are 10% lighter with better battery?

The other half has been making hints that her phone is acting up so I don’t need an excuse to jump on new hardware:D

Back
Top Bottom