Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
I'm still at 99% on my 13PM.
Do you do anything specific in terms of charging?

I usually stick my phone on charge when I go to bed every night — but I understand that's not the best procedure. My XS is on 75%, but I can't get a full day out of it. I put it on Low Power Mode as soon as I wake up and sometimes it needs a top-up charge before the end of the day.

Just wondering how you've kept a 2-year-old phone at 99%.
My 13 PM is 98%. I’m not a real heavy user either but I haven’t taken consideration in any way when it comes to charging. It’s always on a wireless pad either at my desk or in the car. I don’t charge overnight mind.

Last edited:
Hope they don’t hike the price too much for the pro max. Got rid of my 13 pro max a couple of weeks ago to maximise resale value, been using a XS max as a stop gap which is certainly showing it’s age.

Yep, it will be full of previous gen iPhone users declaring the new Phone isn't worth it, and they will stick with their phone for a a little longer. Followed by the same people saying they have now pre-ordered :p
iu

Hope they don’t hike the price too much for the pro max. Got rid of my 13 pro max a couple of weeks ago to maximise resale value, been using a XS max as a stop gap which is certainly showing it’s age.

What made you feel the need to want to upgrade to the 15? Just curious as I have the 13PM too and finding it hard to justify the upgrade.

Also part of me thinks I’ll miss the smaller notch over the dynamic island, which many users consider it to be a bit of a gimmick

What made you feel the need to want to upgrade to the 15? Just curious as I have the 13PM too and finding it hard to justify the upgrade.

Also part of me thinks I’ll miss the smaller notch over the dynamic island, which many users consider it to be a bit of a gimmick

To be honest kinda regretting selling the 13PM as was excellent. Just an upgrade itch as has been nearly 2 years, and value will drop even more when the 15 comes out.

My justification was if I sell now I can get £600-£700 for the 13PM which I bought second hand for £800ish (2 months after launch)

So a couple hundred pound depreciation for nearly 2 years of use. Put that towards the new 15 making the price a lot more palatable.

The only thing I could say I’m hoping for a significant camera improvement as that’s what I mainly use the phone for.

That makes sense considering how much you bought the 13PM for.

Hopefully the 15 will have better battery longevity as I know a lot of 14 users are suffering with that, in fact many 14PM have less battery health than my 13PM which is a year older.

I dont have a problem with that as long as the entry phone is 256Gb.

Indeed, apparently the price difference for Apple is insignificantly small between using 128gb chips and 256gb chips.

Heck the default should be 512GB-1TB anyway given the price of the phones. Guess it’s just easy money for them to charge 20x the cost of the actual memory price.

The one thing that might make me get the 15PM would be for programming. I don't want to / can't run the beta versions of iOS on my main phone so the thinking would be that the 13PM would be used to run developer previews and be the device I use to test my apps on and then have the 15PM as my main phone for everything else.

I dont have a problem with that as long as the entry phone is 256Gb.

128Gb I would say, 256 is a jump and not really like Apple, they'll want people that want the extra storage to pay more of a premium..

12 was 64Gb lowest, which is the one I have, so anything more than that for me is a bonus, if I upgrade, still not 100%....

And for those going on about battery health, I'm on 87%..

I’m getting 256gb, I run at about 140gb all the time. Never delete anything. Works great for me.

Apple Music means I don’t have songs saved anymore.

See, my XS is a 64GB, and I've got about 5.5GB free.

The only time I ran into storage issues was when my WhatsApp media library got full of duplicate photos/videos, so I think 128GB will be fine for me.

However, I'm conscious that the photo and video filesize of the 15 Pro camera is going to be much bigger, so I'm concerned that even if I double the storage from my current phone, it won't actually take that long to fill up the extra space…

Anyone else been in a similar situation when they upgraded from a 12MP-based phone to the 14 Pro?

Back
Top Bottom