Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
That’s poor! :( a less than year old phone and the battery already down to 92% health. Makes you wonder if the £9.99 a month AppleCare is actually worth it.

My iPhone 12Pro battery was down to 80% and was struggling to do a day without recharging and that was with light use. The back was slightly bowed too I was told due to battery swelling which accounted for it getting hot at times. So nearest Apple service centre to me was at EE shop. They fitted a new battery for £92 and a new display too for free - guess they cracked it Point of this story is this was in June and battery is already down to 94% from 100%. That said battery life is good and goes all day so I’m not overly concerned.

87% here on 13 pro, near 2 years heavy use. It has sat at 87% for a few months tho, dropped to 90ish quite quickly and then stabilisied. I think it'll all depend on how you use it, how often you charge it etc.

Now for me to last a day I do need to drop it on wireless charger for 30 mins or so.

What time is the announcement tomorrow? Are pre orders etc expected to happen tomorrow or later in the week/month?

If I don’t get the 15, definitely looking at the new Apple Watch once announced.

What time is the announcement tomorrow?
It starts at 18:00 bst

What time is the announcement tomorrow? Are pre orders etc expected to happen tomorrow or later in the week/month?

If I don’t get the 15, definitely looking at the new Apple Watch once announced.

The show starts at 18:00 tomorrow. Pre-orders are expected to be on Friday (15th), with deliveries the following Friday (22nd).

Are people going to be chatting here while the announcement is going on? Would be nice to talk as all the info gets released :D.

Yep, it's tradition.

Last edited:
Think it'll be Pro Max for me and possibly pro for my wife (maybe just regular but she wants the camera I'd imagine) - then it's just to get rid of the iPad mini and AirPods cases then it's bye bye lightening connector

My 14 Pro Max was on 97% until July, and now it's on 93%. Running iOS17 beta's has absolutely butchered it, but that's my girlfriends problem in a couple of weeks, not mine :D

Last edited:
I'm still at 99% on my 13PM.

Do you do anything specific in terms of charging?

I usually stick my phone on charge when I go to bed every night — but I understand that's not the best procedure. My XS is on 75%, but I can't get a full day out of it. I put it on Low Power Mode as soon as I wake up and sometimes it needs a top-up charge before the end of the day.

Just wondering how you've kept a 2-year-old phone at 99%.

Do you do anything specific in terms of charging?

I usually stick my phone on charge when I go to bed every night — but I understand that's not the best procedure. My XS is on 75%, but I can't get a full day out of it. I put it on Low Power Mode as soon as I wake up and sometimes it needs a top-up charge before the end of the day.

Just wondering how you've kept a 2-year-old phone at 99%.
First of all I'm not a heavy user but I only charge my phone when it needs it. I don't leave it charging overnight for instance and I don't use a Magsafe charger either to leave it charging when I'm at my desk. If it gets down to 40% or 30% I stick it on charge until it is full.

Back
Top Bottom