Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Just ordered the Taupe light brown case for the 15 pro plus an Ultra 2 for good measure.

Roll on friday and I will get the 15 pro white 256 gb on order, nice to see that the 15 pro 256 version is cheaper than the 14 pro 256 I bought this time last year too.

Cheers all

Bit of a weird phone

In the spec sheet it says the 15 pro has 10x optical zoom but on the main page it says it only has 5x zoom

on the main page they have all this stuff saying it's their biggest upgrade ever for the GPU and then in the spec sheet they say it's only 20% faster than the 14 pro. Same with the CPU, they've moved down to 3nm which should offer massive improvements but then they say the CPU is only 10% faster
Overall it's not enough to make me switch from my 13 pro max. We'll see what the 16 brings next year, hopefully 10x zoom lens, better low light capture and bigger performance upgrades.

Last edited:
Something must have gone really wrong with a17. There is no other chip that's switched from 5nm to 3nm and only gained 10% performance

Bit of a weird phone

In the spec sheet it says the 15 pro has 10x optical zoom but on the main page it says it only has 5x zoom

on the main page they have all this stuff saying it's their biggest upgrade ever for the GPU and then in the spec sheet they say it's only 20% faster than the 14 pro. Same with the CPU, they've moved down to 3nm which should offer massive improvements but then they say the CPU is only 10% faster
Overall it's not enough to make me switch from my 13 pro max. We'll see what the 16 brings next year, hopefully 10x zoom lens, better low light capture and bigger performance upgrades.

Never trust the marketing of any lens or camera when they use 10x or 100x zoom. It is pretty meaningless.

A 1x zoom can have more reach than a 10x zoom. How? You may ask.

The 1x zoom is a 600mm prime lens and 10x zoom is a 24-240mm zoom lens.

The 10x multiplier comes from the big number divide by the smaller number. So a 600mm lens is simply 600/600=1.

What apple has done is one page they used 120/24mm, 24mm is their main camera so that’s 5x. But they also have a 0.5x ultra wide which isn’t the main camera. So if you take that camera as the base, you get 10x zoom.

Either way, it doesn’t make the reach of the telephoto to be longer. 10x zoom marketing is meaningless in reference to how much reach it has.

Last edited:
One thing… I bet that official dock/stand that lets you charge in the horizontal position isn’t going to be cheap.
Pretty sure this is the one they have been using in all of their images.

Back
Top Bottom