Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Never trust the marketing of any lens or camera when they use 10x or 100x zoom. It is pretty meaningless.

A 1x zoom can have more reach than a 10x zoom. How? You may ask.

The 1x zoom is a 600mm prime lens and 10x zoom is a 24-240mm zoom lens.

The 10x multiplier comes from the big number divide by the smaller number. So a 600mm lens is simply 600/600=1.

What apple has done is one page they used 120/24mm, 24mm is their main camera so that’s 5x. But they also have a 0.5x ultra wide which isn’t the main camera. So if you take that camera as the base, you get 10x zoom.

Either way, it doesn’t make the reach of the telephoto to be longer. 10x zoom marketing is meaningless in reference to how much reach it has.

I'm not a camera person, the only thing I do know is the Samsungs take much better long distance photos than the iPhones, they can zoom out further and the zoomed image are much clearer

At the end of the day, that's all I want, the iPhone to be able to at least match the long distance photos of the Galaxy

Last edited:
The iPhone 15 Pro will be similar in dimensions to your iPhone XR but will be lighter. The Pro Max will be quite a bit bigger and heavier though.

I upgraded to the 14 Max Pro from the XR.

With a case on, the Max Pro did seem massive and cumbersome. After about a month I got used to it. Love it.

Going by the comparison it's working out at 9mm taller and 1mm wider. The 0.05mm reduction in depth is ignorable, and it's only 27g heavier. Think I'm gonna give it a go!

I’m waiting until next year to buy, but I’m impressed that a iPhone 15 Pro 128GB is still £999. That’s what I paid for my iPhone 12 Pro 128GB 3 years ago.

I've just made a template to compare my XS with the 15 Pro and Pro Max.

There's not a lot in it in terms of width for all three. The XS and Pro are more or less the same size. But the Max looks a fair bit taller.

I think I'm going to go for it with the Max but I'll probably go back and forth a few times before Friday. :o

I've just made a template to compare my XS with the 15 Pro and Pro Max.

There's not a lot in it in terms of width for all three. The XS and Pro are more or less the same size. But the Max looks a fair bit taller.

I think I'm going to go for it with the Max but I'll probably go back and forth a few times before Friday. :o

Are you my twin? I’m guessing we are going through the same thought process

Been approved for finance on 15 Pro 128gb in Natural Titanium. Going to trade my 12 direct to Apple, only about £30 difference compared to MusicMagpie. Works out about £34pm with the trade in.

Back
Top Bottom