Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
I did my pre-pre-order earlier for 15 Pro 256 Black. Now I'm having second thoughts on Black vs Natural. Does anyone know if the 'natural' colour is the same as the AW Ultra? If so I might see if I can change it as I really like that...

I'm not a camera person, the only thing I do know is the Samsungs take much better long distance photos than the iPhones, they can zoom out further and the zoomed image are much clearer

At the end of the day, that's all I want, the iPhone to be able to at least match the long distance photos of the Galaxy

Samsung has a 230mm focal length on the long end, their wide angle is 24mm, so it’s almost 10x zoom and then with pixel binning and AI they can zoom in more digitally.

The iPhone has 24mm on the wide end also but the long end is 120mm, so it’s “5x” zoom.

I am torn on the Pro/Max. Always gone for the bigger phones as like the space and battery life, but I actually don’t want the 5x. 3x felt just right for people/objects like cars etc. to get that nicer background compression and less fisheye. 5x feels like too much, I’ll have to stand so far from the subject it’ll be a pain in the ass. The ‘focal length’ on the main camera is just a digital zoom, it can’t actually affect the geometry can it. Shame they didn’t do a variable periscope like Sony.

Am I crazy?

Last edited:
I'm not a camera person, the only thing I do know is the Samsungs take much better long distance photos than the iPhones, they can zoom out further and the zoomed image are much clearer

At the end of the day, that's all I want, the iPhone to be able to at least match the long distance photos of the Galaxy

I have an S21U and gf has the iPhone of the same generation. Cameras trade blow. For blow.. Until you get to 10x.
Hers does not have a 10x and the difference is obvious.

I'm due an upgrade this year. 15 Pro Max for me I think.

I don't want the faff of fighting online to snipe a reservation though, do Apple still have stock in store on launch day that you can go in and queue early for?

Glad the silicone cars aren’t going away. The one I have on the 13 is fantastic now they have better protection all the cut outs.

I dropped my phone into a corner of an axe. Case took it like a champ quite the indent left but phone not even a mark.

Feels sweet as **** also.

When do they become available at other retailers other than apple? Would it be this Friday when pre order starts? Or on the 22nd?

I'm kinda at a financial crossroads here too. I saved my bonus (£2k) and going for 512gb max pro, but do I:

Pay via financing over two years and keep said money in a (currently) 4.84% bank account

Get apple store vouchers at a 4% discount on £1500 (so save £75 on purchase)

Wait until currys are in stock and save 6% (£94) on the full £1600 cost

60Hz on the standard 15 is quite shocking really when it’s £800. There’s £300 android phones that have 120Hz OLED screens.

Seems like this year Apple have tried to add as little as possible to the newer models, more so than they normally do.

Last edited:
I'm kinda at a financial crossroads here too. I saved my bonus (£2k) and going for 512gb max pro, but do I:

Pay via financing over two years and keep said money in a (currently) 4.84% bank account

Personally, I'd do the 0% over 2 years

Stick it in a fixed 2 year account and make £200ish while paying it off at 0% is also an option.

Back
Top Bottom