Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Just watched this video - there's nothing exciting about the 15. We held off replacing my wife's 11 to see what they brought to the table... seems Apple are still just bitter about having to make QoL changes. No fast charging, USB2 speeds on the base model?

We'll just order a 13 I think.

I'll admit that the portrai data in normal photo mode had me raising an eyebrow - that'd be nice.

Going by the comparison it's working out at 9mm taller and 1mm wider. The 0.05mm reduction in depth is ignorable, and it's only 27g heavier. Think I'm gonna give it a go!

Whack a case on it and trust me it will feel a lot bigger :p (I was using my XR without a case) - I know I’m just repeating myself but I had a period of thinking that I would return the max as it was too big, having reasoned exactly the same as you have here. You may have to power through the doubt when you get it, so I’m just preparing you for it! If you pick up a pro max in store then they won’t have a case and it’ll feel ‘the same ish’ as an XR.

The height is not insignificant, you’ll be reaching a CM further when you swipe with one hand.

Oh, if anyone wants a case recommendation, I’ve been really impressed with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid MagSafe case. I preferred it to the official apple case, which I returned.

6% discount for me - costs less, makes more sense.

You’ll not make £200 if you are paying it off over the 2 years. It also assumes you don’t buy a new one next year, drop it, lose it, have it stolen etc etc.
You wouldn't be able to put it in a fixed account either.

I was making the assumption that the lump sum wouldn't be needed to pay it down if taking the 2 years finance and yeah if you're planning to lose it, drop it, have it nicked or whatever then it's irrelevant how you pay for it it's going to cost you :confused:

Watched the Apple video - is there any feature which doesn’t use ‘Machine learning‘ :rolleyes:
Seems even the power on button has machine learning to enhance the start up experience :p

Watched the Apple video - is there any feature which doesn’t use ‘Machine learning‘ :rolleyes:
Seems even the power on button has machine learning to enhance the start up experience :p

It's the new magic word. Print it on your underwear and it somehow stops your ***** from sweating in the heat.

Whack a case on it and trust me it will feel a lot bigger :p (I was using my XR without a case) - I know I’m just repeating myself but I had a period of thinking that I would return the max as it was too big, having reasoned exactly the same as you have here. You may have to power through the doubt when you get it, so I’m just preparing you for it! If you pick up a pro max in store then they won’t have a case and it’ll feel ‘the same ish’ as an XR.

The height is not insignificant, you’ll be reaching a CM further when you swipe with one hand.

Oh, if anyone wants a case recommendation, I’ve been really impressed with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid MagSafe case. I preferred it to the official apple case, which I returned.

Would you go back to a Pro size now after having used the Max?

At least apple use the correct term for it, everyone else uses ‘A.I.’ which as you know machine learning is not A.I.

Would you go back to a Pro size now after having used the Max?

Nope I’m now a max boi 4 life!

The battery on the max has never let me down after a long day’s use. The regular pro would have failed that test. It is truly luxurious to never have to worry about battery. Do check yourself but I believe it’s around an extra 3 hours of battery. Not sure what the difference is for the 15 series.

Battery health is still 100% today after getting it on release day. Most impressive :cool:

Another recommendation from me would be for the Belkin BoostCharge PRO 3-in1 stand. It’s very pricey at over £100 (!) but super premium and looks great on the bedside table. Here’s mine as I drink my coffee in bed :p

Au6aeHH.jpg

Last edited:
His opening line is pretty much spot on, what could they actually do? Think that sums it up perfectly, they’ve tried to do it with the silent rocker. Wonder what the next big ground breaking thing will be.
Probably hide the island completely, but yea, not much room for major improvements on a product that already works.

Any of recent models will easily last you 5 years, and at least then you’d be getting a solid list of improvements.

Nope I’m now a max boi 4 life!

The battery on the max has never let me down after a long day’s use. The regular pro would have failed that test. It is truly luxurious to never have to worry about battery. Do check yourself but I believe it’s around an extra 3 hours of battery. Not sure what the difference is for the 15 series.

Battery health is still 100% today after getting it on release day. Most impressive :cool:

Another recommendation from me would be for the Belkin BoostCharge PRO 3-in1 stand. It’s very pricey at over £100 (!) but super premium and looks great on the bedside table. Here’s mine as I drink my coffee in bed :p

Au6aeHH.jpg

Yeah battery life is a concern and the better camera.

I have the earlier Belkin 3-in-1 without the wireless charger for the AirPods (it has a USB socket so you can charge them with a cable).

I might give that to my wife and upgrade mine at some point.

Lol @ buying phones with debt

I have the full amount in my bank right now, the best ways to get it are

1 - Pay through* credit card, get points from purchase, like the 1% cashback from Chase. So you get £10 back.
2 - Pay with 0% finance. Put that £1k in an account earning 5% interest as it draws down. Hell, what I normally do is have that £1k put aside completely and add the DD to my monthly budget. So you can actually consider I get £50 from the year, I know it will be less than this if you draw from it. After 2 years, you are £100 better off.
3 - Give Apple the full amount in day 1, debit card. You get no cashback, you get no interest earning from No.2.

Option 3 is the most expensive way to buy an iPhone when there is 0% offered.

*note that i said through, I could have use with, because you would think credit card = debt, but there is no debt and no interest to pay...why? because i pay the bill when the statement comes.

In the current climate, with interests rates the way it is, keeping money on your bank account is much better than giving it away, more so than in the last decade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom