Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Debating an order for a 256 pro max in blue to replace my equivalent 13 pro max, done the pre approval for finance but honestly unsure if I’ll bother.

Always been on a 1-2 year upgrade cycle but doesn’t feel like there’s big leaps nowadays like there used to be.

In case anyone isn't already aware, you should be able to order the iPhone 15 series from John Lewis at 8am on the day of release and it comes with a 2 year warranty as standard.

Nope I’m now a max boi 4 life!

The battery on the max has never let me down after a long day’s use. The regular pro would have failed that test. It is truly luxurious to never have to worry about battery. Do check yourself but I believe it’s around an extra 3 hours of battery. Not sure what the difference is for the 15 series.

Battery health is still 100% today after getting it on release day. Most impressive :cool:

Another recommendation from me would be for the Belkin BoostCharge PRO 3-in1 stand. It’s very pricey at over £100 (!) but super premium and looks great on the bedside table. Here’s mine as I drink my coffee in bed :p

SNIP

How does the max sit when you have it horizontal on that stand? Does the watch get in the way?

Tempted to trade in my iphone 13 mini and get a 15 pro. Think £300 off (so £700) is worth the upgrade?

Would I be better selling my excellent condition 87% max battery condition, boxed with leather case 13 mini in MM?

I do like the smaller size of my mini for the 1 handed use but also sort if miss the bigger screen on the 11 pro that I had

In case anyone isn't already aware, you should be able to order the iPhone 15 series from John Lewis at 8am on the day of release and it comes with a 2 year warranty as standard.
What price, £999 for the 15 pro?
I thought with Apple you get sone warranty anyway dont you (without taking out applecare)

I have a 14 pro. So not upgrading this year as it’s almost identical in specs.

Upgrading solely for usb c is not worth it. (For me)

Same, I don't connect my phone to download files through USB, and on the 14Pro size, the only thing is faster, 3nm chip and the Titanium so lighter. I put it in a case so I wouldn't really notice the material.

I would not be able to tell in day to day usage. The 120mm zoom is only on the Max model anyway.

My friend is an engineer at Apple so I get his discounts, I normally hit him up when I buy my Apple products.
I currently have the 13 Pro Max and outside usb-c there is nothing compelling on the 15 that makes me think I must upgrade.

Last edited:
No, according MKBHD, there is no fast charging, it is still 20w.

If they had increased it to 35w, they would have no doubt pushing a brand new Fast Charger in the keynote. There was no mention of it.
The 14 Pro Max can charge at 27w but they never really made note of this in last years keynote (that I can remember).

I'd be surprised if it is truly capped to 20w.

For those opting to give their old device to Apple I'd highly recommend checking prices from other places first:

Back
Top Bottom