Poll: *** The Official iPhone 15 thread (it has USB-C and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date Start date

Are you getting an iPhone 15?

• Total voters
It was never going to happen, Apple are holding that back to push people to the Pro model. If the regular gets ProMotion, it will eat up the Pro sales.
It’ll happen.. I thought maybe 14 but no, so surely 15 would be it. But nope. 16?! I mean 60hz these days is horrid. It’s probably fine if you’re used to it but going from even a 90 to 60 feels bad.

It’ll happen.. I thought maybe 14 but no, so surely 15 would be it. But nope. 16?! I mean 60hz these days is horrid. It’s probably fine if you’re used to it but going from even a 90 to 60 feels bad.

Yep one day it will happen, but only when they make the ProMotion on the Pro even better.

Yep one day it will happen, but only when they make the ProMotion on the Pro even better.
Yes one day. Like you said earlier, I knew it wasn’t going to happen this time round but it still feels like a disappointment. I think there’s enough difference between the regular and the Pro (in other areas) that a ProMotion display wouldn’t have caused many issues with Pro sales this time round.
I will buy the Plus sized regular phone as soon as it has high refresh - it’s the only reason I have the 13 PM. The cameras (and pretty much every other “pro” feature are wasted on me.

Tempted by the 15 Pro to downsize.

I loved the size of my XS Max but I find the flat edges just make it a little uncomfortable on the 14 Pro Max.

The battery size is rumoured to be larger, though Apple don’t quote longer battery life times on this gen I don’t think.

It's incremental, like all smartphones over a 12 month period.

- USB-C
- New Ultra Wideband chip.
- A17 Pro, 3nm chip.
- Lighert, titanium rails.
- Thinner bezels
- Camera and Camera software improvements
- Change in form, phone is a little smaller and has rounded sides.
- Action button.
- Wi‑Fi 6E
- Spatial video recording.

Pro Max gets
- 5x zoom

Fair point, and thanks.

I'm actually tempted, but wow 60Hz on the iPhone 15 Plus is truly awful and it just narrows my options so much, which is why I'm forced to look at the Pro.

ready for pre order here. Going with 15 pro in natural titanium. Will be a good upgrade from 13 pro. This is still a very good phone really I just like shiny things and titanium is sexy. Even tho I will put a case on it :(

What is the benefit of pre-reserving the pre-order? Are you guaranteed a pre-order?

When you pre-order, you simply checkout rather than having to complete the full application which can take sometime.

You aren't guaranteed. Still need to be quick-ish with the pre-order go live.

Last edited:
When you pre-order, you simply checkout rather than having to complete the full application which can take sometime.

You aren't guaranteed. Still need to be quick-ish with the pre-order go live.
Got it, so mainly it's beneficial for those who are going to be using Barclays % finance rather than say myself who would just go into cart and use my voucher/credit card?

Got it, so mainly it's beneficial for those who are going to be using Barclays % finance rather than say myself who would just go into cart and use my voucher/credit card?

The pre-reserving is simply for the 0% Barclays applicants. If you're buying outright you'll just order as normal on Friday.

Ready for preorder completed, going for the Pro Max in natural titanium, upgrading from the 12pro which has been a fantastic phone - it'll get a new lease of life by going to my dad and likely be his for 4+ years!

Back
Top Bottom